Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We need a big IC option! Listen up Companies!

J2FoRS

Someone just needs to make the crash bars...theres a million Euro big ICs. The IC wasnt special, just the IC/Crash bar combo had everyone rooked in. If i didnt care about insurance, my life, or the lives of my passengers, id order a Euro IC from Peron/Mountune/Pumaspeed etc and cut the bar or have someone fab up a fancy looking useless one to replace it. There's literally a zillion IC options.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Nobody was obligated to buy the DHM Race Intercooler and Crash Bar together. The crash bar was always sold separately from the get go. Only a hand full of forum members opted for the crash bar alone. Now that the product is no longer available there's a need all of the sudden, yet it was available for over 2 years for anyone that was serious.

AZST

I had a fairly lengthy discussion with Chris over at Pro Alloy, as we tried to figure out whether or not it would work for USDM models...

"Hi, yes I'm afraid your car looks very different to ours, which does
surprise me. Clearly the US market cars are set up quite differently and
although I'd say it's probably possible to change it, there are fundamental
things that really shouldn't be messed with, the crash sensors primarily. I
think if you were building a car for the track (which is where we market the
competition spec kit) then you could potentially do away with this sort of
thing, but we can't recommend the kit as suitable for road use due to the
changes made to the bumper structure. This is even more of a concern in your
case because altering the areas relating to the crash sensors is likely to
have a profound effect on the safety systems in the car, and ultimately make
the car less safe in an accident. I think in this case the sensible option
is to say "unfortunately not suitable for the application"."

Tl;dr, no.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had a fairly lengthy discussion with Chris over at Pro Alloy, as we tried to figure out whether or not it would work for USDM models...

"Hi, yes I'm afraid your car looks very different to ours, which does
surprise me. Clearly the US market cars are set up quite differently and
although I'd say it's probably possible to change it, there are fundamental
things that really shouldn't be messed with, the crash sensors primarily. I
think if you were building a car for the track (which is where we market the
competition spec kit) then you could potentially do away with this sort of
thing, but we can't recommend the kit as suitable for road use due to the
changes made to the bumper structure. This is even more of a concern in your
case because altering the areas relating to the crash sensors is likely to
have a profound effect on the safety systems in the car, and ultimately make
the car less safe in an accident. I think in this case the sensible option
is to say "unfortunately not suitable for the application"."

Tl;dr, no.
... and we'd be running an aluminum crash bar on the street, which leaves me kinda queasy.

Here's where our options are at the moment: Depo/Whoosh (big) -> CP-E (bigger) -> J-Line (biggest). Yeah, I know that we have other options but they don't do well in a price/performance comparison.

I never could get a straight answer from anyone, but I'm gathering that a big factory fit or the J-Line is large enough for a hybrid turbo and the DHM is a great option for a "big" turbo. I'm going to go with an X-47 or Adam's new wunder-turbo and now that Whoosh can source the mounting brackets so I don't have to weld a bracket to my crash bar I'm leaning towards the J-Line.

It's a shame that [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] did a scorched earth exit as I'm sure that he could have licensed his CADD files to someone on the forum and he/she could be making crash bars and I/Cs right now and Russ could have used the resulting cash to make some of his customers (a little more) whole.

Brura22

I'm surprised that a vendor would off yet another factory fit I/C - we've already got a ton of options and the Depo/Whoosh price points are hard to beat.
What's the point of a race if this thing is rated for 475 hp.. who tf is going above that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be rated for that kind of power, but we also run very high boost levels which creates more heat. How many 3rd gear pull could this handle before becoming heat soaked?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What's the point of a race if this thing is rated for 475 hp.. who tf is going above that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slapping a horsepower rating on an I/C is marketing BS. There are too many variables for that to be a meaningful number. What really matters is volume and construction. If it's bigger that the Depo/Whoosh or the CP-E at a the same or a better price point then it's interesting. If not, what's the point? And don't forget the J-Line - not a factory fit but not too difficult to install and bigger than any current factory fit and a great price point.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
Looks like any other stock fitment IC. NOt worth my time.

They just released the core size and price on their website. 18% smaller core and $1 more than the CP-E.

Im going to push this FMIC to the max. Already running 30lb min through my CP-E FMIC and the final charge temp is within 20 of ambient. That 100% works for me.