Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance intake install

Thanks to a fellow member, I got a great deal on the MAPerformance intake I've been looking at for a while now. The install was very simple and straight forward, took about 25-30 minutes. After getting the stock air box out of the way there is a ton of room for a easy install of the EVAP "fix" lines provided with the kit. The mounting tab sets the pipe right where it should be and holds it well, the intake moves with the engine instead of being mounted to the chassis. Overall sound is great! Love the intake/turbo noise that it makes. You can really hear the turbo and waste gate when driving around town, but when you mash the pedal... it sound like a completely different car! Big spool sound with a huge whoosh of blow off from the waste gate!!! I drive like a teenager due to the fact I'm only 24! But now I really cant keep my foot out of it! Very happy with my purchase and would suggest this part to anyone one love the intake noises it produces.

Also keep in mind this is the only engine mod I have on my FiSt, no BOV, no AP, all stock besides the new intake!

Thanks again for the great deal [MENTION=9141]hispirish[/MENTION]

Will post pics and a video when I figure out how

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
awesome!

I installed an intake just for "user satisfaction" reasons. I missed my old 80's turbo cars and wanted some of that turbo character back, and an intake totally did it for me.

OP
ascruggs
Thread Starter #3
awesome!

I installed an intake just for "user satisfaction" reasons. I missed my old 80's turbo cars and wanted some of that turbo character back, and an intake totally did it for me.
This is my first turbo car (beside the 1.0l EcoBoost Focus "turd" I had before this) so I really just wanted to hear it! This definitely helped!

Thanks to a fellow member, I got a great deal on the MAPerformance intake I've been looking at for a while now. The install was very simple and straight forward, took about 25-30 minutes. After getting the stock air box out of the way there is a ton of room for a easy install of the EVAP "fix" lines provided with the kit. The mounting tab sets the pipe right where it should be and holds it well, the intake moves with the engine instead of being mounted to the chassis. Overall sound is great! Love the intake/turbo noise that it makes. You can really hear the turbo and waste gate when driving around town, but when you mash the pedal... it sound like a completely different car! Big spool sound with a huge whoosh of blow off from the waste gate!!! I drive like a teenager due to the fact I'm only 24! But now I really cant keep my foot out of it! Very happy with my purchase and would suggest this part to anyone one love the intake noises it produces.

Also keep in mind this is the only engine mod I have on my FiSt, no BOV, no AP, all stock besides the new intake!

Thanks again for the great deal [MENTION=9141]hispirish[/MENTION]

Will post pics and a video when I figure out how
Excellent! I knew you would love it. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just installed an open filter intake as well (ARMA Speed) and I am on the fence on the noise. The child inside me is highly entertained by the turbo and bypass noises but my adult exterior is slightly embarrassed with the loud hisses in car parks. I am waiting for someone to ask why my car sounds like a Dyson with asthma.