Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Tuning Stage 2 Dyno Results!!!

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

I recently strapped the test Fiesta down for some more testing of the Fiesta Flash Tune. Since adding more hardware, that now classifies us as “Stage 2”, it was only right to get some comparison runs! All vehicle modifications are listed at the bottom of this post.

For the first comparison, I wanted to see what kind of gains the Dizzy Tuning Stage 2 Flash Tune has over the Cobb OTS Stage 2 Tune. The results are very similar to our Stage 1 test results. Most of the power (roughly 25whp) is gained between 3,000-5,000 RPM, and then gains turn minimal in the upper revs. This was expected with the small frame of the stock turbo.

Our next comparison was with the Cobb OTS Stage 3 Tune. A full exhaust is recommended by Cobb, but I have been reading a lot on social media of guys running this map, and not having the full exhaust. So I wanted to see what kind of gains can be had (if any), and how a vehicle without the recommended full exhaust responded. From the data gathered (and this could be a separate topic to discuss in the future), there were more negative corrections than I would have liked to see. So only two pulls were made. I strongly urge anyone running the OTS Stage 3 Tune (without a full exhaust), to consider going back to the OTS Stage 2 map. Or purchase a Stage 2 Dizzy Flash Tune and get even more power than your OTS Stage 3! :)

All in all, the Fiesta Flash Tune puts down some consistent reliable power, and gains can be expected through the whole rev range. I’m very happy to see that my time and effort put into developing this tune, is giving back some solid data to back it up!

Test vehicle:
2016 Fiesta ST
Cobb drop in filter
Mishimoto induction hose
NGK 6510 spark plugs
Depo FMIC
Cobb charge pipes
Symposer delete

Attachments

Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. It is good to finally see some numbers with mods similar to mine. I have both your 93 and e35 and I have to watch the gas pedal at times otherwise my tires break free in 2nd and can get a 3rd gear screech and that is with the traction control on. I wish my BFG Sport comp had a little bit more bite.

It is interesting how each tuner has their own recommended gap. I have always gapped mine at .026. As far as boost goes I don't ever recall ever hitting 23 on either 93 or e30. Usually a little above 22

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
It is interesting how each tuner has their own recommended gap. I have always gapped mine at .026. As far as boost goes I don't ever recall ever hitting 23 on either 93 or e30. Usually a little above 22

Nice numbers. I was seeing 25 on my dizzy e30 tune.

felopr

One question that has been popping to my mind lately is, did you give it time to learn for both tunes before running it on the dyno? What i mean is, well you know that every tine you flash a tune to the car, OAR will go to 0 and the car overtime will go to - 1 the tune is not over aggressive, that is what i mean by learning, did you wait for both to to go to OAR - 1 before doing the dyno pulls.
Thanks

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
One question that has been popping to my mind lately is, did you give it time to learn for both tunes before running it on the dyno? What i mean is, well you know that every tine you flash a tune to the car, OAR will go to 0 and the car overtime will go to - 1 the tune is not over aggressive, that is what i mean by learning, did you wait for both to to go to OAR - 1 before doing the dyno pulls.
Thanks
Absolutely! Multiple pulls were done on each map, and typically by the second or third pull I was at -1.00

How come we always hear numbers of 280+ tq? Are most of the numbers just inflated and its realistically more towards 250-260?

Edit: Also, is it necessary to run the "1 step colder Denso or NGK (highly recommended)?" What are the benefits? Might be interested in trying one of your tunes out.

I had some awesome play time with E30 last night. It was rainy and my cruddy all seasons kept spinning, but on my do I love torque.

300 ft/lbs torque and near 25psi of boost. I don't event want a bigger turbo now!

I didn't even get to push the car. Once the summers are on and it's over 60 degrees I'm going to have a blast.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk