Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New tune version 4.0 available!

Trader history for danbfree (0)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
From their FB page:

The long awaited Fiesta ST Flash Tune V4.00 is officially released! All tunes built from this point forward will be V4.00. There is a Version Update option for older tunes should you wish to upgrade.

Version 3.10 to 4.00 changes:

- Faster adapting, more responsive ignition timing and knock management
- Increased power, torque and turbo response improvements (Smoother boost control and improved boost response)
- Air fuel ratio targets optimized for pump gas and ethanol tunes
- New aggressive throttle mapping available as an option
- Added high torque (HT) E30 option (+15-20ft/lb from 2500-4500 RPM over regular E30)
- New Progressive Crackles. If you want progressive crackles, you will need to add them here via a tune adjustment.

Tune update order page

I JUST got my tune 2 weeks ago, Stratified, and I just spent $15 on tune changes I realize I don't need, can you hook a brother up???

HBEcoBeaST

High torque option on E30? Sounds completely unnecessary but somehow I still want..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
High torque option on E30? Sounds completely unnecessary but somehow I still want..
Yeah, it takes a datalog refinement charge to get that too but sounds worth it, but I don't have e85 very close so I'm not bothering for now... Our gas here comes out as about 94 octane even though the pump only says 92, so I'll at least do the update and a datalog refinement to go with it to max out what I can.

From their FB page:

The long awaited Fiesta ST Flash Tune V4.00 is officially released! All tunes built from this point forward will be V4.00. There is a Version Update option for older tunes should you wish to upgrade.

Version 3.10 to 4.00 changes:

- Faster adapting, more responsive ignition timing and knock management
- Increased power, torque and turbo response improvements (Smoother boost control and improved boost response)
- Air fuel ratio targets optimized for pump gas and ethanol tunes
- New aggressive throttle mapping available as an option
- Added high torque (HT) E30 option (+15-20ft/lb from 2500-4500 RPM over regular E30)
- New Progressive Crackles. If you want progressive crackles, you will need to add them here via a tune adjustment.

Tune update order page

I JUST got my tune 2 weeks ago, Stratified, and I just spent $15 on tune changes I realize I don't need, can you hook a brother up???
Ah man, I'm in the same boat. Just got my revised flash tune about a week ago. Dayummmmm.... Wish they would have put up a warning or something. I could have waited [unbelieveable]

Thanks for posting danbfree; this has been in the works for some time so I hope you guys enjoy the improvements. Also for those who have the 3.10 tune and want to just add the features of the new tune without changing anything else, there is the $25 version update and we will rebuild the tune to the newest spec.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=671

If you want features changed or have new parts installed since your last flash tune, the mod update is needed.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=298

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for posting danbfree; this has been in the works for some time so I hope you guys enjoy the improvements. Also for those who have the 3.10 tune and want to just add the features of the new tune without changing anything else, there is the $25 version update and we will rebuild the tune to the newest spec.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=671

If you want features changed or have new parts installed since your last flash tune, the mod update is needed.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=298
Alex, you guys do great work, I just wish I knew it was coming soon and I would have waited, oh well... can you at least cancel my change order for the changes I don't need and give me credit toward the update instead? I will doing do a datalog adjustment in a few months as I'm pretty sure I have room, but either way I can PM you my order number if you can help, thanks!

Alex, you guys do great work, I just wish I knew it was coming soon and I would have waited, oh well... can you at least cancel my change order for the changes I don't need and give me credit toward the update instead? I will doing do a datalog adjustment in a few months as I'm pretty sure I have room, but either way I can PM you my order number if you can help, thanks!
If we haven't done the change sure I can refund you for this. Please email the order number to https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

HBEcoBeaST

I wonder what the E30 high torque # is at the wheels. My understanding is the stock turbo can put down 260lbs + on the current tune stage 1. That's approaching hybrid turbo #s.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I see there are many options available.
How will this tune work on a completely stock Fiesta ST?
Like, I see interest in upping the idle RPM by a bit, for easier acceleration from a stop, and would like some more HP, but when driving normal (city or highway up to 80MPH), I would prefer good gas mileage.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Like, I see interest in upping the idle RPM by a bit, for easier acceleration from a stop, and would like some more HP, but when driving normal (city or highway up to 80MPH), I would prefer good gas mileage.
Totally transforms the car. Gas mileage will be dictated by your right foot. I saw no discernible drop in normal driving.

redmoe

For the 91 and 93 octane tunes your cruse fuel economy should not be negatively impacted. If you go with an e30 tune you will see a reduction in mpg since ethanol has a lower energy content than 91 or 93 octane fuel. That being said flex fuel is usually much cheaper per gallon so the actual cost difference may end up being a wash.

Is there a write up somewhere that explains what the High Torque does? Is it just like a big boost in torque in the tune? And is there like a specific use where its super beneficial? And how are the progressive crackles different?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
It definitely doesn't affect gas mileage in the negative at all with normal driving and you get a free eco/low boost map as well... Raised idle is for those with very stiff motor mounts help even out vibration at idle, but I just put a medium stiff one in this weekend and the vibes are so minimal, even with AC on, that I'm not going to bother with raising the idle now, especially for hot summer driving and our cars running pretty warm as it is... Keep in mind that bolt on's do very little for our car, so these tunes alone do a lot for power and driveability, they really increase torque and throttle response. I say everyone at the least should get an AP for Cobb's OTS tune, as it alone help unleash the torques that Ford neuters with the factory tune, but then Stratified takes it a whole level further... Besides, launch control and flat foot shifting are fun to play with too! :)

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Is there a write up somewhere that explains what the High Torque does? Is it just like a big boost in torque in the tune? And is there like a specific use where its super beneficial? And how are the progressive crackles different?
The high torque option is simply a datalog custom tune with more attention to grabbing all the torque an e30 has the potential for. Our cars have a lot of torque with any tune, but some guys want all they can get. The progressive crackles will quieter or louder depending how much you are "getting on it", while the loud is more like loud all the time, but for crackle option at all you need at least a cat-back or both mufflers deleted.

The high torque option is simply a datalog custom tune with more attention to grabbing all the torque an e30 has the potential for. Our cars have a lot of torque with any tune, but some guys want all they can get. The progressive crackles will quieter or louder depending how much you are "getting on it", while the loud is more like loud all the time, but for crackle option at all you need at least a cat-back or both mufflers deleted.
Thank you, I have the loud cracks but they are just too much sometimes, so I think progressive is what I'm gonna go with.

And maybe you or someone else knows, what's the downside to e30 other than trying to get it? Do I need any mods or can it be run on a stock FiST? ( I'm not stock I'm just wondering if I need anything specific)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Thank you, I have the loud cracks but they are just too much sometimes, so I think progressive is what I'm gonna go with.

And maybe you or someone else knows, what's the downside to e30 other than trying to get it? Do I need any mods or can it be run on a stock FiST? ( I'm not stock I'm just wondering if I need anything specific)
Yeah, if you like crackles but find that old, only Loud option too loud, I'm sure you'll like this better... as far e30, nope, our cars can take up to an e50 mix just fine, as long as it's tuned... if not tuned, then maybe e15... so if you have e10 as your normal premium, you just put 3 gallons of e85 first and fill the rest premium, so if you have e85 available nearby it's worth having it as one of your tune maps for sure, as it's about 20HP all by itself.