Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Brutal considering the interest generated here. Looks like they had at least 20 buys if not more for sure here.
...and with just a little adjustment, they could have sold this system in England/Europe/R.O.W. where these cars outsell most of their (much more popular here) Nippon counterparts by leaps and bounds. [wink]

I spoke to Taka directly a few months back. Basically, they are extremely interested in doing the system for all of the Ford performance cars, however, they don't do any R&D in the USA. They have been looking for a car in Japan to have the system made on, but it's not really out there. He said that there is a possibility in the future some time that Tomei Japan will allow them to R&D here, but as far as he knows, it won't be any time soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I mean really how much different could a Tomei exhaust sound than the other exhausts already available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually material type and thickness do make a difference in the sound of your exhaust. Moreso than you might think.

Plus, 20lbs of weight savings isn't too shabby.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
20 lbs compared to stock or the lightest other aftermarket system?

Dollar cost per lb of weight saved on the bottom of the car is pretty darn high, many other areas the money would do more good.

BUT, I get it, just so cool to claim to have a titanium exhaust;)

And the sound, some are great, some not so. I had a high grade SS exhaust with a lot of titanium in it, the best long tube headers with proper collectors and great xpipe, 06 Vette, best sounding LS I have ever heard, one of the few I even liked and I loved it, many compliments though it was not bought for that.

A titanium system might sound great on this car but it might not sound great, too loud, etc...I have heard very expensive systems that sounded horrible.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
20 lbs compared to stock or the lightest other aftermarket system?

Dollar cost per lb of weight saved on the bottom of the car is pretty darn high, many other areas the money would do more good.

BUT, I get it, just so cool to claim to have a titanium exhaust;)

And the sound, some are great, some not so. I had a high grade SS exhaust with a lot of titanium in it, the best long tube headers with proper collectors and great xpipe, 06 Vette, best sounding LS I have ever heard, one of the few I even liked and I loved it, many compliments though it was not bought for that.

A titanium system might sound great on this car but it might not sound great, too loud, etc...I have heard very expensive systems that sounded horrible.
The shop I got my t304 exhaust dabbed does titanium as well - a local supercar dealership brings exotics to them for exhaust and turbo plumbing fab. Cost of supplies is nuts - and a lot of the stuff they do doesn’t even really have mufflers. I guess people trade in used lambos, etc. and the dealer gets custom exhaust done to attract new money and bitcoin bros. The one they were working on while I was there was a bmw 535 with a single big turbo getting ti exhaust. Not really my thing, it was kinda buzzy and sharp for my taste.