Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fob and key are not working

I replaced the battery in the fob about 1 month ago on my 2014 fiesta st . It has been working fine. I went on vacation last week and when I came home I have been unable to unlock the doors. I attempted to use the key that is located in the fob and it does not unlock the door. The fob was on the key track in the house all week so I would think the battery is still good. I plan to replace e the. Artery. In the fob today to make sure. Any suggestions? Any clue as to why the key does not work?

!FiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does you other remote work? check just for fun! Then you will know if its the remote or another issue.......[scratch]

From the owners manual:

Unlocking the Doors
Note: You can unlock the driver's door with
the key. Use the key when the remote
control is not functioning.
Note:When you lock your vehicle for
several weeks, the remote control will be
switched off. Your vehicle must be unlocked
and the engine started using the key.
Unlocking and starting your vehicle once will
enable the remote control.

I know you said you were away on vacation for only a week (not several as above) but possibly the remote switched off anyways??

From the owners manual:

Unlocking the Doors
Note: You can unlock the driver's door with
the key. Use the key when the remote
control is not functioning.
Note:When you lock your vehicle for
several weeks, the remote control will be
switched off. Your vehicle must be unlocked
and the engine started using the key.
Unlocking and starting your vehicle once will
enable the remote control.

I know you said you were away on vacation for only a week (not several as above) but possibly the remote switched off anyways??
Does this really apply to the FiST? AFAIK, there's no key slot for starting [dunno]

Thanks kivnul. The blurb I posted is for the key with the fob built in but I think the procedure would be similar as you posted by placing the Intellikey fob up where the key would go in the steering column. A similar procedure would be followed if the battery was dying or pretty well dead and allow you to get one more start out of the car so you aren't stranded.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Fixed! Turns out you just need to hold the fob up to the spot on the right of the steering wheel and press the start button. The car has to relearn the fob.
GREAT! [thumb]

We all probably thought that you had already tried this, so did not suggest it.