Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shift Assist (rev hang) and quick/short shifters...

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #21
Why would anyone want to answer somebody that's as rude as you. Disable the damn feature problem solved and quit bitching at people.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
You're kidding as well, right? I think he and I are having a misunderstanding, I'm not trying to be rude. Damn, people are so sensitive these days.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You're kidding as well, right? I think he and I are having a misunderstanding, I'm not trying to be rude. Damn, people are so sensitive these days.
Not sensitive I just believe there's a proper way to speak to somebody when you're asking a question. Maybe it's a southern thing versus a California thing.

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #23
Not sensitive I just believe there's a proper way to speak to somebody when you're asking a question. Maybe it's a southern thing versus a California thing.

We were past the question phase and into the 'we're not on the same page regarding rev-matching' phase. I'm not going to comment on the 'southern' thing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You just did the plate? No bushings or anything else? It feels good stock, I wouldn't mind at all if it felt a little more solid.
I did the Mountune plate, and the boomba (same exact thing as all the other companies offering them) under hood only bushings, not the in console shifter base bushings.
The shift feel/throw is great, to the point that I may never even do the boomba short shift stick on top of this (to reduce the throw by another 20%), as this is the absolute best shift 'action/feel' I have ever experienced in a cable shift actuated, FWD car in my lifetime.

I'm NOT sure just how much of that is attributable to the Ravenol MTF-2 fluid, or anything else, but it is more than I could ever ask for out of a cable shifter. [wink]

I did the shift reducer plate and the bushings at the same time, so I could not tell which did what, or how much each one helped individually, to make the shift action feel more solid/positive.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
You just did the plate? No bushings or anything else? It feels good stock, I wouldn't mind at all if it felt a little more solid.

Ya I did just the plate. I also have a 660g Anarchy Motive shift knob. Together it makes the shift action feel very solid and precise.

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #26
Ya I did just the plate. I also have a 660g Anarchy Motive shift knob. Together it makes the shift action feel very solid and precise.
Yeah, I'll bet a nice heavy knob can help too. Sweet, thanks.