Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

State Inspection Q’s

Jerickson88

My wife and I made an observation, we have a ton of broken down cars on the sides of the interstate and highways here in Alabama. When we travel to other states, we don’t see this in Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina. These states may or may not have inspections but I can’t help but wonder if mandatory inspections keep junk off the sides of the road. If so, I wish we had state inspections.

zanethan

NC has state inspections but I think lack of cars in the side of the road has more to do with the NCDOT religiously towing broken down cars.

here in NYS, first two years of a cars life is safety only inspection (brakes, suspension, tires, lights, wipers)
After that its safety and emissions (can only have one monitor not ready for 2001+ cars, check engine light must not be on, visual inspection of emissions components [converter, egr, evap and so forth] and gas cap)
once a car is 25+ years old it goes back to safety only

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
we have annual state inspections for almost all cars in Texas. most counties (all the big ones and the ones neighboring the big ones) require emissions and safety inspection. the small counties only require safety inspection. diesels only require safety inspection state-wide. after 25 years your vehicle is considered a classic and only needs safety inspection. we don't have abandoned cars on the side of the road because they get towed in a heartbeat.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
NC has state inspections but I think lack of cars in the side of the road has more to do with the NCDOT religiously towing broken down cars.
That's exactly what it is. I don't have a problem with the inspections in our state other than it puts some people in a very bad financial burden due to the check engine light.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #6
That's exactly what it is. I don't have a problem with the inspections in our state other than it puts some people in a very bad financial burden due to the check engine light.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yeah that can happen. Hey at least if you swerve a little the rumble strips get your attention. Down here you’ll side swipe a junker before you hear the strips!

They put a notice on cars and you’ll see the damn notice on the car for 5 or 6 days before it’s removed