Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

redmoe

Ron, was the fitment of the turbosmart EM V2 dual port ever confirmed for this turbo?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Any updates in this? Been nearly a month but still no results....

The turbo posted earlier was on my car. Showed great potential, but the design turned out to be badly flawed. Revo is taking no responsibility, so the turbo is no longer on the car.

koozy

3000 Post Club
The turbo posted earlier was on my car. Showed great potential, but the design turned out to be badly flawed. Revo is taking no responsibility, so the turbo is no longer on the car.
Can you elaborate on what design flaws? Just wondering if it’s small or big, as there’s a few that made no mention of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is very interesting. ...I'm sorry for your loss man...let us know if you'd be so kind what all happened!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
This is very interesting. ...I'm sorry for your loss man...let us know if you'd be so kind what all happened!

Also interested.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I would surmise the X47 and MRX would have no chance to match the BHP numbers of the RT330 "as equipped"

wait until you see some numbers with the RT330 equipped with the Turbosmart 14psi wastegate then you may compare the apples to apples you mention[like]
everyone will soon see how different this turbo is compared to other turbos - truly exciting times for the Fiesta!

...after the dyno posts the comments will most likely be, well it's not a hybrid so.... lol
graphs coming but we have a 3rd revision on 93 pump over 300whp at only 24psi 33% WGDC on the RT330 revo ������
yep just like the other turbos[ohcrap][hihi]

that's with, car is out of fuel at 300whp. over 300whp are exaggerated/extremely happy dyno #'s
Could you guys elaborate further on this??? We went from this product supposedly making over 300whp on pump gas without being fully tuned to being "badly flawed"??? There are cars in the UK and South Africa that seem to be working fine, though without those kind of numbers...anyone else stateside have info on this? If anyone does have this on their car and tuned, what sort of numbers did you end up seeing?

I was also looking at this turbo and asked Adam about it and was glad I did.
The RT-330 is having issues and I’m in the middle of disassembling one of their turbos to find the root cause of the issue and provide a solution. In my opinion once we have a solution REVO is probably going to go dark and all these customers are going to be out of pocket to fix their turbo.

I was also looking at this turbo and asked Adam about it and was glad I did.
The RT-330 is having issues and I’m in the middle of disassembling one of their turbos to find the root cause of the issue and provide a solution. In my opinion once we have a solution REVO is probably going to go dark and all these customers are going to be out of pocket to fix their turbo.
BDV, is that a personal opinion, or Adams take on this?

It will be a GTX2860R gen 2 for me, might spool a little slower but i dont need all the lowend torque anyway the car lacks in highend.

This is the whole email I got from Adam,

Your only option would be the GTX2860R that we listed up yesterday with our custom wastegate actuator. Here is the link in case you didn’t see it: https://tuneplusinc.com/collections...en2-bolt-on-turbo-kit-for-2014-ford-fiesta-st

If you decide on the GTX2860R Gen 2 you can buy the Unlimited tune on our website at the same time and it will cover any fuel you want to run, as well as methanol injection.

If you want to get the most out of the turbo you will want to get a port injection kit as well so we can run additional fuel. The methanol injection will take us from a stock factory fuel system limit of 290-300 to about 310-315 but it really needs port injection to cover all the extra fueling needed to run 25psi+ with this turbo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It will be a GTX2860R gen 2 for me, might spool a little slower but i dont need all the lowend torque anyway the car lacks in highend.
Best move you will make for a Turbo upgrade....ask me I have one and boy I tell you what...I am glad I did!

Np, we got to help each other out. No one wants to buy a bad part and waste time and money on it.

Could you guys elaborate further on this??? We went from this product supposedly making over 300whp on pump gas without being fully tuned to being "badly flawed"??? There are cars in the UK and South Africa that seem to be working fine, though without those kind of numbers...anyone else stateside have info on this? If anyone does have this on their car and tuned, what sort of numbers did you end up seeing?
Every UK, US and the South African car has this issue also, I’ve spoken to a 1/2 dozen UK guys about it. It’s an overall design flaw on Revo’s part. It becomes worse as you increase the boost, those guys almost all run a Revo flash, with a peak of 25psi. At 28.5 psi the surge becomes bad enough the car bucks, so we quit tuning. Really, too bad, much like the RS Vargas hybrids, spool and power were on point/better than expected, but the issues/lack of support from Revo make it an untenable product.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So the turbo that was supposed to blow everything out of the water in the hybrid world is turning out to be a overpriced unreliable piece of crap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great info thanks to all who contributed. Sounds like it is fixable, I suppose maybe there will be a generation two version going forward that will address these issues. I highly doubt they are going to take every turbo back and re-manufacture them though I could be wrong. Might be a hard sell though given what has happened here. In any case glad to hear some of them are up and running and producing decent power.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So the turbo that was supposed to blow everything out of the water in the hybrid world is turning out to be a overpriced unreliable piece of crap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Haha welcome to the over promised and under delivered parts bin[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk