Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

Followup on the MAX GTRS: idk when I installed them but you can scroll up and find my post if you care. One of them is already acting funny. It randomly goes to a low output/dim then back to normal. It doesn't flicker and doesn't seem wiring related. It doesn't seem temperature related either. I will probably put my Silverstar ZXE back in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm still using the MaxGTRS and loving them. Everytime I turn on the light I'm amazed how good they look but if I ever have any problems I'll move onto the next budget brand from Amazon. COOP

Both the headlights and fogs are H11 right? I was thinking of getting 2 sets of the TechMax and putting a set in each

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #323
Both the headlights and fogs are H11 right? I was thinking of getting 2 sets of the TechMax and putting a set in each

If that's the color of fog lights you want, after a break in period they end up a full 6500k, kinda bluish but of course nice and bright... so you won't be able to use yellow laminX or anything unless you don't mind neon green.

I was hoping for more of a pure white but anything is a better upgrade from stock. I couldn't see shit tonight in the rain lol

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #325
I was hoping for more of a pure white but anything is a better upgrade from stock. I couldn't see shit tonight in the rain lol

For a pure white you'd have to find 5000k from AliExpress or something. Since the market is not very well educated they pretty much want 6000k plus, I don't think there is much in that color on Amazon and eBay... 4300k is another good option for some actual fog penetration, also likely to be found in the most options on AliExpress.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #327
These are bulb facts new #1. I'm probably going to purchase them and I'll update y'all on how they look! It says the bottom is 23.5mm. Reasonably priced imo especially if its top notch

If folks are going to leave the back of the housing uncovered why not just use a dermal and open it up so there is not fitment issue with the larger units?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #330
If folks are going to leave the back of the housing uncovered why not just use a dermal and open it up so there is not fitment issue with the larger units?
I did use snippers to cut away the passenger side a bit when I tried the DEAuto LED's, it's not a huge deal but those were 33mm wide, I'm not sure how 40mm would work out that way.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #331
These are bulb facts new #1. I'm probably going to purchase them and I'll update y'all on how they look! It says the bottom is 23.5mm. Reasonably priced imo especially if its top notch
Oh, I see it's the Nineo now, pretty cool.. what matters though is overall length with a wide heatsink, so at 74.5mm it may be cutting it close... They also drive at 36w for only 50 more lumens than the TechMax, they do run hotter than the TechMax that runs at 30w which also doesn't have an extra external driver and cabling to tuck away like the Nineo... for any external driven unit it's important to leave the the driver somewhere outside the housing for cooling, so not as clean of an install... But yeah, I'm curious about them for sure... so now looking closer at BulbFacts, they have added more info which is great! The TechMax run at only 88 degrees and a half watt higher actual output than the Nineo, which admittedly seem to have a touch cleaner cutoff though... We do need to confirm 100% the Nineo will fit, which they likely might, it looks like a Hikari design clone, until then I'm still holding on to my recommendation of the TechMax at $15 less and more efficient for sure.

Edit: So looking even closer at the new info on BulbFacts, it does show the Nineo shorter than the TechMax and very, very likely would fit no problem. I still like how cool the TechMax run at only 50 total lumens less, I was shocked myself, but if you want even a bit cleaner cutoff than the TechMax the Nineo looks good but still even then you have the external driver and it's extra cable length to worry about. HOWEVER, since they are rated even higher than the Hikari overall, I recommend these for sure and have updated the front page here.

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #332
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #334
These make my head hurt. I'm just gonna go back to halogens lol
Oh, are you one of those ones that notices flicker on TV's badly too? Or, if they are too blue there are some nice fan-less ones in 4300k for about $50 on AliExpress too.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
No, I meant trying to find some replacement headlamps is giving me a headache. hahaha
LOL, well, I'd just get the Nineo, they are only $42.50 right now with coupon on Amazon and rate even higher than the $90 Hikari regardless of price. I'd go through the BulbFacts.com page and buy through their "buy from Amazon" link, they have really done a good job adding lots of info and good reviews to help us find these. If you want other recommendations, I can help too... Thankfully we have lots of great choices these days.

CSM

1000 Post Club
LOL, well, I'd just get the Nineo, they are only $42.50 right now with coupon on Amazon and rate even higher than the $90 Hikari regardless of price. I'd go through the BulbFacts.com page and buy through their "buy from Amazon" link, they have really done a good job adding lots of info and good reviews to help us find these. If you want other recommendations, I can help too... Thankfully we have lots of great choices these days.
So.... I recently did the H9 conversion on PIAA halogen bulbs. The added output is nice. But I've always been tempted by the LED route. You know how it is modding cars, you always want more. If I can get more output, I want it!

I was planning on doing a retrofit in the future, maybe a year down the road. Are the LED lights finally getting to the point where they won't blind other drivers when used in OEM housing?

I haven't combed the whole thread, but I'm hoping danbfree gives me a free pass since he gives me good reddit comment karma all the time on r/fiestast :)

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #340
So.... I recently did the H9 conversion on PIAA halogen bulbs. The added output is nice. But I've always been tempted by the LED route. You know how it is modding cars, you always want more. If I can get more output, I want it!

I was planning on doing a retrofit in the future, maybe a year down the road. Are the LED lights finally getting to the point where they won't blind other drivers when used in OEM housing?

I haven't combed the whole thread, but I'm hoping danbfree gives me a free pass since he gives me good reddit comment karma all the time on r/fiestast :)
Oh yeah, plenty of good LED's now, start with the chart specially for LED's in halogens at bulbfacts.com, and for $50 or less set one of those top ones.. You'll see a solid selection with great beam pattern. It's nice to see more good ones that work just great in reflectors, and for fog lights just about any two sided works well. But sounds like you went another route while LEDs have come a long ways!