Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Useless cubby hole

That is just a 3D print from my resin printer. You can see I ran out of green and added black haha. Just a prototype, I have no plans producing anything in the near future.
It would be great to 3D scan this area, the cubby has so many organic curves and draft angles. Good luck on your design!

-Dan
Oh lol, I see now. The green color was throwing me off, it looked to me like a reflection of your t-shirt or something. Resin printer aye? Nice! If I can find a decent one at a good price I may have to invest in one in the future. Still weighing the pros/cons. Yeah the curves are challenging but once you figure out the shape of the front and back and the angles those two sides are positioned relative to each other, thankfully the rest is pretty straight-forward.

wait if we modify this feature will my warranty get voided?[giggle]
Yes… but only if you manage to break the dash panel! lol

My dash-hole drawer piece is coming along. Here’s some pics of my first 3-dimensional test-fit print. Came out as close as I could have hoped. Now to refine the angles a bit and add the front face and it'll be close to complete.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Oh lol, I see now. The green color was throwing me off, it looked to me like a reflection of your t-shirt or something. Resin printer aye? Nice! If I can find a decent one at a good price I may have to invest in one in the future. Still weighing the pros/cons. Yeah the curves are challenging but once you figure out the shape of the front and back and the angles those two sides are positioned relative to each other, thankfully the rest is pretty straight-forward.

Yes… but only if you manage to break the dash panel! lol

My dash-hole drawer piece is coming along. Here’s some pics of my first 3-dimensional test-fit print. Came out as close as I could have hoped. Now to refine the angles a bit and add the front face and it'll be close to complete.

Looks good!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any more info on this? Saw something Adam Rainey on youtube did with some carbon fiber and an st logo that looked awesome but his is the uk model.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any more info on this? Saw something Adam Rainey on youtube did with some carbon fiber and an st logo that looked awesome but his is the uk model.
Its in the Works as we speak release is any time now.....its just one guy doing these. It will be worth it and he will chime in! [grinking]

Okay, time for an update! Finally! Here's an early look at the dashboard-cubby-hole-drawer-thing I've been working on. It still needs some more work the final design will look a little different, but its about 90% complete. I went through several designs for the front.. a flat front, rounded front, and ended up settling on making the front open and an extension of the space. Designing parts that can be easily 3D Printed and produce good looking results while also functional can be challenging so thats what I've been working with.

This piece fits snug inside the cubby hole along the sides and extends outwards at an upwards angle. The angle of the extension prevents objects from sliding out when driving, nearly doubles the amount of space, makes it more convenient to insert and retrieve items, but doesn't stick out so far as to interfere with the shifter.

It will also feature magnets to firmly hold it into place while also allowing easy removal.

Unfortunately I think I ran out of time to complete it before Christmas (so close!!) so I wanted to at least share with you all the progress. I dont want to rush it and release something that isn't complete or as good as it can be.

I've also completed a design on a pretty cool Ford Key Fob hook for the wall. I'll be sharing more on that and the cubby hole soon when I'm ready to post the cubby hole drawer for sale.

r1jryg.jpg 6ntjcx.jpg w8b8dt.jpg 2v99dz6.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Okay, time for an update! Finally! Here's an early look at the dashboard-cubby-hole-drawer-thing I've been working on. It still needs some more work the final design will look a little different, but its about 90% complete. I went through several designs for the front.. a flat front, rounded front, and ended up settling on making the front open and an extension of the space. Designing parts that can be easily 3D Printed and produce good looking results while also functional can be challenging so thats what I've been working with.

This piece fits snug inside the cubby hole along the sides and extends outwards at an upwards angle. The angle of the extension prevents objects from sliding out when driving, nearly doubles the amount of space, makes it more convenient to insert and retrieve items, but doesn't stick out so far as to interfere with the shifter.

It will also feature magnets to firmly hold it into place while also allowing easy removal.

Unfortunately I think I ran out of time to complete it before Christmas (so close!!) so I wanted to at least share with you all the progress. I dont want to rush it and release something that isn't complete or as good as it can be.

I've also completed a design on a pretty cool Ford Key Fob hook for the wall. I'll be sharing more on that and the cubby hole soon when I'm ready to post the cubby hole drawer for sale.

View attachment 19201 View attachment 19202 View attachment 19203 View attachment 19204
Looking good!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Where do I send the moneys? (I actually have a printer, but you deserve some $$ for the legwork!)

Where do I send the moneys? (I actually have a printer, but you deserve some $$ for the legwork!)
Excellent! I will make a post in the For Sale thread soon. I have other things I'm offering too that I want to offer together so people have an opportunity to save on shipping costs and I'll probably also give a discount for multiple items, so hold onto that for now.

Yeah getting those dimensions right took a lot of work and test prints and tweaking and more test prints, etc. I don't plan on giving out my files anytime soon but will eventually.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Excellent! I will make a post in the For Sale thread soon. I have other things I'm offering too that I want to offer together so people have an opportunity to save on shipping costs and I'll probably also give a discount for multiple items, so hold onto that for now.

Yeah getting those dimensions right took a lot of work and test prints and tweaking and more test prints, etc. I don't plan on giving out my files anytime soon but will eventually.
Looks good. I'm interested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk