Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pierce 6 point brace REVIEW!

koozy

3000 Post Club

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Last edited:

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Not bad for $509 shipped. The 4130 Pierce pieces aren't exactly heavy and I wonder how much lighter the aluminum ones from Sico are. Remember, well engineered steel is often lighter and stronger than cheap grade poorly engineered aluminum. Bicycle frames are a great example of that. I don't know anything about the Sico/Summit braces and am not pointing figures; simply a PSA.

And anyway, an extra 1lb at literally the lowest point possible isn't that big a deal to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I had the 2 point on the car for a good while and then swapped it for the 6 point. It made an immediate and dramatic difference. Look at my other reviews, I am always very honest and if something is a waste of money I am quick to point it out. But that is not the case here. The six-point brace is one of the best mods I’ve done and it really did transform the car in many ways.

There will be many opinions but this is mine.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have heard nothing but good positive things about the 6-point brace. I will definitely be installing one of these one day. I have also never heard anything negative about the company.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I'd read a few negative things about Pierce on here from years back mostly. I was pleasantly impressed with the quality and fitment when I installed earlier this week. Nothing bad to say here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'd read a few negative things about Pierce on here from years back mostly. I was pleasantly impressed with the quality and fitment when I installed earlier this week. Nothing bad to say here.
Well I will be honest here I bought a 2 point Pierce on their Black Friday I looked at the welds and was not impressed. I will be selling it and most likely ordering the S Wave S-U-MM-I-T braces.

First off for the people calling them SiCo braces they are not, Sico is a shop and retailer. AET also sells these braces.

As far as the quality goes these braces are forged aluminum . When someone takes the time amd effort to forge something one usually does not question qaulity.

Forging is not cheap and usually signals the highest quality. In wheel manufacturing before flow form , forged was pretty much the top of tier for lighter high quality wheels.

I have looked at all the braces on the market for our cars and their is pretty much nothing else that compares to the Summit braces.

On and excuse me to the OP I had no intention of thread jacking your review.

I am sure the Pierce works great I am just not impressed with the weld quality.

OP
B
Thread Starter #51
Well I will be honest here I bought a 2 point Pierce on their Black Friday I looked at the welds and was not impressed. I will be selling it and most likely ordering the S Wave S-U-MM-I-T braces.

First off for the people calling them SiCo braces they are not, Sico is a shop and retailer. AET also sells these braces.

As far as the quality goes these braces are forged aluminum . When someone takes the time amd effort to forge something one usually does not question qaulity.

Forging is not cheap and usually signals the highest quality. In wheel manufacturing before flow form , forged was pretty much the top of tier for lighter high quality wheels.

I have looked at all the braces on the market for our cars and their is pretty much nothing else that compares to the Summit braces.

No offense- thats the first thing I looked at when I got mine after hearing someone in the past had a brace with sketchy welds. I'm very happy with the weld quality and the powdercoat finish on this piece. I look forward to a review of the Summit brace once you get it and test it. [cheers]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

That's a bit naive to make such crazy assumptions and ridiculous claims about quality without ever seeing the product in person.. But you do you.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
"monocgue Aluminium triple forged tube sharft"

Aka aluminum bar stock cut and welded together. LOL

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Btw, please post pictures of the questionable welds on the Pierce 2 point brace that you got.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran

Please don't take any personal offence.

Many people want TIG Weld quality/looks at MIG Weld prices.
TIG welding is much more costly and time consuming.
You can be assured that the welds wont break.

The thing is going on the BOTTOM of your car, who is going to see it. LOL

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That's a bit naive to make such crazy assumptions and ridiculous claims about quality without ever seeing the product in person.. But you do you.

Just as crazy as your previous comment. Not crazy assumptions honestly just opinion about forged vs non forged. I am not making claims you should not put words in my mouth. I stated that based on what I have seen with products of forged nature it would most likely be quality. No claims just an opinion perhaps you should not try to read into the statment what was not written.

Oh and ya I will probablly post a pic but you know what ? Your opinion pf good vs bad welds could vary from mine. Perhaps you should think about that while you choose to attack.

Please don't take any personal offence.

Many people want TIG Weld quality/looks at MIG Weld prices.
TIG welding is much more costly and time consuming.
You can be assured that the welds wont break.

The thing is going on the BOTTOM of your car, who is going to see it. LOL
No offense taken Dave, unlike others here you seem to able to talk without trying to ridicule opposing opinions. Perhaps thats why a lot of seasoned veterans have given up posting here as anything they say that people do not agree with gets ridiculed rather than respectfully discussed.

Its one thing to say you don’t agree its another to put words in peoples mouths and openly deride them for your own assumptions of what you have said or not said.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Pics of the welds that I find sub par and while some may find them acceptable I do not, I also think that pricing has nothing to do with it.

I know a few performance car welders that would not find this work acceptable either.

No offense to anyone , I might have higher standards I might be picky. If it works for you great.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It was a good review and post let's keep it on track, and not turn this into a arguing match.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Those look about the same as the weld on my race car's roll cage. I see good penetration and coverage. Cleanup and artisan stack of dimes are not there, but look at the price point. The powder coating is excellent and hides it well.

I think it's pedantic to go after these welds for something that's under the car and perfectly functional.

No offense to anyone , I might have higher standards I might be picky. If it works for you great.