Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Armed with extensions, installed the GFB DV+ today. Still wasn't easy, but if I ever need to remove it, will be easier now that I know best position for each bolt.

Armed with extensions, installed the GFB DV+ today. Still wasn't easy, but if I ever need to remove it, will be easier now that I know best position for each bolt.
About to do this myself. Any advice? Did you use the ball end hex bits? I've seen a couple people have success using that method.

About to do this myself. Any advice? Did you use the ball end hex bits? I've seen a couple people have success using that method.
I used a 12" extension, 6" extension, 3/8 swivel head, and long hex extension that is always recommended. I also ended up using a stubby wrench and small hex bit. Oh, and a jack and jack stand to get the car off the ground and the passenger front wheel off.

For two of the bolts, pretty sure I could have gotten them with the stubby. But I only used stubby on the bottom left one. The top left I was able to get the hex extension head in, set it, then started added adapters/swivel head as needed until I could connect the ratchet and start turning.

The bolt on the right side (if you are looking from the passenger wheel well) is hard to even see. I used my fingers to guide in the head of the hex extension, and once again started adding pieces until I was to the brake rotor where I could connect the ratchet. I usually kept my fingers on the bolt head so I could be sure it was turning and I wasn't stripping it.

A little easier going in. Try to hand screw in the easiest to reach bolt (for me was top left) to get the piece hung. Then hand insert the bottom left. Then do the same process you used to loosen them to tighten them down. Then hit the right side one. After that, I went back to the other two just to be sure they were still tight. The bolts supplied with the DV+ seem a little less soft and better cut, so they really took the hex heads well. Note that the heads will stick out a little bit even when completely tightened. The stock ones were about flush. But tight is tight, so pretty sure I'm good.

I used a 12" extension, 6" extension, 3/8 swivel head, and long hex extension that is always recommended. I also ended up using a stubby wrench and small hex bit. Oh, and a jack and jack stand to get the car off the ground and the passenger front wheel off.

For two of the bolts, pretty sure I could have gotten them with the stubby. But I only used stubby on the bottom left one. The top left I was able to get the hex extension head in, set it, then started added adapters/swivel head as needed until I could connect the ratchet and start turning.

The bolt on the right side (if you are looking from the passenger wheel well) is hard to even see. I used my fingers to guide in the head of the hex extension, and once again started adding pieces until I was to the brake rotor where I could connect the ratchet. I usually kept my fingers on the bolt head so I could be sure it was turning and I wasn't stripping it.

A little easier going in. Try to hand screw in the easiest to reach bolt (for me was top left) to get the piece hung. Then hand insert the bottom left. Then do the same process you used to loosen them to tighten them down. Then hit the right side one. After that, I went back to the other two just to be sure they were still tight. The bolts supplied with the DV+ seem a little less soft and better cut, so they really took the hex heads well. Note that the heads will stick out a little bit even when completely tightened. The stock ones were about flush. But tight is tight, so pretty sure I'm good.
Thanks for the advice! It's going to be a good time i'm sure haha

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Today I ordered some new wheels, nothing too fancy but something to change it up for now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Came out of work to see that my Blueberry had made a new friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Almost the same occurrence except mine was a focus, same exact cosmetic mods . Ying-Yang lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Today, well yesterday, I finally installed the fmic and front plate bracket.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They a little chunky but could be worse lol. I wasn't sure about the look
Of them but now that I saw them in person I really like them.
I think that they are MUCH better aesthetically than almost all of the lighter options out there (including the very much worshiped RPF1s!).

[thumb] [coolsmile]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I think that they are MUCH better aesthetically than almost all of the lighter options out there (including the very much worshiped RPF1s!).

[thumb] [coolsmile]

Had a set of the rpf1s and didn't think they fit the look of the car so sold them. I had bunch of td wheels which I still love but just needed something different. 16x7s also not easy to find anything decent looking....... dumb bolt pattern

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
After a long delay, finally got the mountune MP215 and shift kit installed at the dealer. Like everyone else says, it's good.

The AP unit thought my car was a 16 rather than a 17, for some reason, so the tech wouldn't flash the tune. I talked to Randy Robles @ mountune. He couldn't explain it, either.

Ford won't warranty the tune for a 17, anyway, so I flashed it myself. INSTANT difference! Not worried at all about any problems down the road.

It reset my MPG meter, and I had to readjust the radio. Nothing else interesting happened.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
After a long delay, finally got the mountune MP215 and shift kit installed at the dealer. Like everyone else says, it's good.

The AP unit thought my car was a 16 rather than a 17, for some reason, so the tech wouldn't flash the tune. I talked to Randy Robles @ mountune. He couldn't explain it, either.

Ford won't warranty the tune for a 17, anyway, so I flashed it myself. INSTANT difference! Not worried at all about any problems down the road.

It reset my MPG meter, and I had to readjust the radio. Nothing else interesting happened.
You shouldnt have any issues. My '17 has been tuned since 750-1000 miles. Now has 6700 and been tuned with Cobb stg3 for 1500 of those, twas tuned with stg1&2 until stg3 was flashed.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You shouldnt have any issues. My '17 has been tuned since 750-1000 miles. Now has 6700 and been tuned with Cobb stg3 for 1500 of those, twas tuned with stg1&2 until stg3 was flashed.
Yeah. Randy said they've had no problems with the tune at all. Looks like the engine can handle it, no sweat. I'm really impressed with what a mild tune can do for the car.