Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Finally was able to get mine tuned. A shop here in Denver received a new Dynomite (a mustang in sheeps clothing). 300/275 on 91 and 321/291 on E30.
I told them to do a conservative tune so as not to detonate the Turbo or Engine. On E30 he did a couple runs that were 332/321 but he said we had maxed fuel and were leaning out.
I'm not sure just how accurate the numbers are since they were still finalizing their setup. I'll be taking it to another shop for comparison as they have a Dynojet.
Thin lines are E30, Thick 91.

Attachments

Finally was able to get mine tuned. A shop here in Denver received a new Dynomite (a mustang in sheeps clothing). 300/275 on 91 and 321/291 on E30.
I told them to do a conservative tune so as not to detonate the Turbo or Engine. On E30 he did a couple runs that were 332/321 but he said we had maxed fuel and were leaning out.
I'm not sure just how accurate the numbers are since they were still finalizing their setup. I'll be taking it to another shop for comparison as they have a Dynojet.
So happy to see Edge Autosport and Alan’s tunes on the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwnall1337

Vendor
Awesome numbers!

If anyone is looking for an x47r we are an authorized USA dealer for Pumaspeed!

http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-ST-Pumaspeed-X47R-Turbocharger_p_12.html

Adam at Tune+. I have the base tune ready to go. Just have to finish the install later this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Was digging through some old files and I found this picture that compares stock vs. my X47. Keep in mind this is the X47 not the X47R.

This is of particular interest to me since there are so many new options coming available (Revo, Voodoo, etc.), and spool time is of interest to many of us in that comparison.

FWIW on 93 octane these V-dyno numbers are pretty spot on with real dyno results...

As you can see the X47 spools/makes max torque about 200 rpm later than the stock turbo. That's pretty much stock-like and the difference is negligible if even noticeable.

Thought I'd share.

Interesting. Maintaing stock like spool was a concern of mine as well. The Revo was high on my list but it was your excellent in depth review Jeff that had me settle on the x47 and tune+. I like the ease of installation with the hybrid and the power numbers are more than enough for me. The Fist isn't my DD so it will probably never approach the type of mileage where a turbo rebuild is required....i don't think :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Was digging through some old files and I found this picture that compares stock vs. my X47. Keep in mind this is the X47 not the X47R.

This is of particular interest to me since there are so many new options coming available (Revo, Voodoo, etc.), and spool time is of interest to many of us in that comparison.

FWIW on 93 octane these V-dyno numbers are pretty spot on with real dyno results...

As you can see the X47 spools/makes max torque about 200 rpm later than the stock turbo. That's pretty much stock-like and the difference is negligible if even noticeable.

Thought I'd share.

As much as I would be comfortable with 300whp I want to be happy around 350whp.

Is the x47R capable of safely getting 350whp with aux fuel?

jeff

2000 Post Club
As much as I would be comfortable with 300whp I want to be happy around 350whp.

Is the x47R capable of safely getting 350whp with aux fuel?
I'm not sure...........you'd have to read this entire thread. Go get some potato chips. I suggest you think about what your happiness requires, the car is very different at 350 and 300 and more isn't necessarily better.
[MENTION=3936]MisSTrouble[/MENTION] got 332/350 on e50 but no aux fuel if I remember correctly. I think that's the highest I've heard of.

I don't know that a hybrid is going to safely and consistently make 350. You need a true big turbo. But get ready you're going to have a car with great power than can only be used above 60mph safely. Otherwise tire spin. That's the beauty of hybrids they get the car in the perfect spot, great usable power and stock spool.

I'm not sure...........you'd have to read this entire thread. Go get some potato chips. I suggest you think about what your happiness requires, the car is very different at 350 and 300 and more isn't necessarily better.

[MENTION=3936]MisSTrouble[/MENTION] got 332/350 on e50 but no aux fuel if I remember correctly. I think that's the highest I've heard of.

I don't know that a hybrid is going to safely and consistently make 350. You need a true big turbo. But get ready you're going to have a car with great power than can only be used above 60mph safely. Otherwise tire spin. That's the beauty of hybrids they get the car in the perfect spot, great usable power and stock spool.
I made the 332/350 on aux fuel E50. On the stock fueling with E30 I made 304/344. It doesn’t really matter what turbo you go with as the stock fuel system can only support roughly 300whp. You’ll need aux fuel to get more power than that.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I made the 332/350 on aux fuel E50. On the stock fueling with E30 I made 304/344. It doesn’t really matter what turbo you go with as the stock fuel system can only support roughly 300whp. You’ll need aux fuel to get more power than that.
Holy shit. I wouldn't mind 304/344. Whats blended to make E30? I don't know fuel specifics like that.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Holy shit. I wouldn't mind 304/344. Whats blended to make E30? I don't know fuel specifics like that.
Usally 8 gallons of 91 or 93 OCT. and 3 gallons of e85. at least that's what stratified states in there flash tune that I used before. I am now currently Big Turbo and tuning....not even on the first revision and ill tell you it starts to pull and you know....its gonna be very interesting. I am utilizing Jason@dizzy tuning and he has been a absolute pleasure to deal with....very punctual with emails and if I have any questions he answers them within 24 hrs...sometimes less.[raceflag] Jason is in the Works developing a e85 sensor and gauge setup that is very promising also. There is thread about it on the forum.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Usally 8 gallons of 91 or 93 OCT. and 3 gallons of e85. at least that's what stratified states in there flash tune that I used before. I am now currently Big Turbo and tuning....not even on the first revision and ill tell you it starts to pull and you know....its gonna be very interesting. I am utilizing Jason@dizzy tuning and he has been a absolute pleasure to deal with....very punctual with emails and if I have any questions he answers them within 24 hrs...sometimes less.[raceflag] Jason is in the Works developing a e85 sensor and gauge setup that is very promising also. There is thread about it on the forum.
Sound like it would be a pain to guess how much concentration of which octane you'd need unless you run it near to empty on the gauge.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sound like it would be a pain to guess how much concentration of which octane you'd need unless you run it near to empty on the gauge.
The consensus is to run it until the Low gas light comes on them fill it up with 3 gallons of e85 then the rest with 91 or 93 octane....whamo...e30. with stratified's e30 tune it was very noticeable!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The consensus is to run it until the Low gas light comes on them fill it up with 3 gallons of e85 then the rest with 91 or 93 octane....whamo...e30. with stratified's e30 tune it was very noticeable!
That will be a fuel I will consider getting a tune for. As well as 93 and 91 just so I can switch if need be when on road trips. The x47r seems to be a top choice and I've considered Adam at Tune+ for the tuner. I'm waiting to hear about peoples experiences with the x57r though and once I get a turbo there should be plenty of people who R&D the x57r so I can see if thats the route I want to go.