Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16*8 Dekagrams for my Fiesta: Lowered with 205/45/16 BFG

Traded with another member yesterday and picked up his set of Dekagrams. I wasnt sure how I was going to like the black/black look, but so far I am loving it.

Couple thoughts in no exact order. I am lowered on Eibach

The BFG G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2
1. They seem to be a touch quieter than OEM. They make a different pitch of tread noise thats a bit easier on the ears

2. They definitely don't outright grip like the OEMs. I can now spin 2nd pretty good, where as the OEM did a pretty good job keeping it in check. Can also tell coming out of a corner

3. Turn in seems to be much the same, hard to really notice a difference

4. Not honestly sure if I'll replace these when they die with the Indy Firestone

5. Driving hard on a backroad, mid bumpy corner, my friend and I both heard a faint tire rub up front in the passenger side. Not sure I could fit a 205/50

6. Car definitely seems lighter on its feet after the swap. Definitely more fun to whip around for sure.

DSC_8539 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_8548 by Intervention302, on Flickr

Looks pretty stretched. 215 would be my personal preference. It's crazy how much weight we shave with lighter wheels. I've weighed stocks and 30% Michelins vs 16x7 Slipstreams and 100% 205/45 Indy 500s - 7.5lb-8.0lb difference [ohcrap] [wiggle]

A7xogg

Looks great!! I read that the sp2 need to heat up to grip and they take a little bit to heat up( my Conti ECS take a little bit to heat but once they do, they grip more than oem tires.

GAbOS

[MENTION=9987]Intervention302[/MENTION]

sick looking. How many miles on the setup? Has it settled yet?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looks good. I'd suggest the tire spin isn't the tires as much as it is the unsprung weight reduction. You lost a good bit of weight with the swap, youve made it much easier for the transmission to power the wheels. Thats a lot of weight loss! I recently swapped wheels and lost 3 lbs each and the tires definitely spin more.

Car looks amazing btw. I have the same wheel/tire setup on stock suspension. Im DYING to get lowering springs (sits way too high atm) but I'm scared about rub and daily driving. My car already scrapes slightly on steep ramps and lowering springs would make me more nervous. Any regrets on the Eibach springs?

OP
I
Thread Starter #7
Looks pretty stretched. 215 would be my personal preference. It's crazy how much weight we shave with lighter wheels. I've weighed stocks and 30% Michelins vs 16x7 Slipstreams and 100% 205/45 Indy 500s - 7.5lb-8.0lb difference [ohcrap] [wiggle]
Hard to see any stretch in the photos...

People seem to believe the 205 BFG run pretty wide. Can't say for sure.

Doesn't really look stretched in person . Looks good.

Might need some splash guards down the road
Looks great!! I read that the sp2 need to heat up to grip and they take a little bit to heat up( my Conti ECS take a little bit to heat but once they do, they grip more than oem tires.
Possibly. OEM are 140 TW vs 340 for the BFG. I was t expecting then to hold as well
[MENTION=9987]Intervention302[/MENTION]

sick looking. How many miles on the setup? Has it settled yet?
Springs went in at 500 miles. Have 5500 on the car now
Looks good. I'd suggest the tire spin isn't the tires as much as it is the unsprung weight reduction. You lost a good bit of weight with the swap, youve made it much easier for the transmission to power the wheels. Thats a lot of weight loss! I recently swapped wheels and lost 3 lbs each and the tires definitely spin more.
Possible yeah. I didn't think about that as much
Car looks amazing btw. I have the same wheel/tire setup on stock suspension. Im DYING to get lowering springs (sits way too high atm) but I'm scared about rub and daily driving. My car already scrapes slightly on steep ramps and lowering springs would make me more nervous. Any regrets on the Eibach springs?
I like them..

I think the car just looks better lowered. So any other benefit (ride or performance) is just an extra for me

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk