Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Made Yellow Fog Lamps and High Output Low Beams

Hey guys!

I have a good friend who is very knowledgeable automotive lightbulb hobbyist who makes custom, high end bulbs in his free time.

My previous car was a Focus RS. What started off as a unique set for my personal use only, turned into a lot of positive feedback from the RS community. We made and shipped over 100 sets of custom made fog lamps and miscellaneous other bulbs all over the world.

Fast forward to today, my daily driver is a Fiesta ST (loving it). He cooked me up another custom set and we are thinking of offering them to the Fiesta ST community.

Here is what we are thinking for the Fiesta ST:

Note: All products would require no cutting or trimming. Simply plug and play. Since they are halogen, you will have no issues with cutoff or glare

US Shipped Pricing:

1. 2600k Yellow Fogs $45
2. High Output Low Beams $45
3. Combo price both kits $75

1. 2600k yellow fog lamp. These would come in around 1,000 lumens. A really nice, vibrant yellow tone. I currently have these in my car.

2. Also working on a 4000k high output white low beam. These would be a high wattage, halogen offering. Very limited production. I am running these now as well for testing. They are a great improvement over stock so far in my real world testing. An honest 20-25% more lumen out put over stock. Still tweaking the formula and will update as progress continues.

The low beams really lack compared to the HIDs in the RS, but with these bulbs, the lighting output is actually pretty good!

3. Improved H1 white high beam. Also testing these currently. They go great with the prototype low beams
I will attach a few photos from our RS bulbs and some of my Fiesta I have so far

We would be looking to give 2 sets of our 2600k fog lamps for free for exchange of photos and thoughts. First to PM me will get em!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1000 lumen for the fogs you say? Im already running yellow foglamps but i doubt they put out that much. In your pictures they actually appear very similar to the PIAAs im running but i know capturing light in pictures is rather difficult.
Im very interested on the low beam option, are the bulbs actually custom made?

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
1000 lumen for the fogs you say? Im already running yellow foglamps but i doubt they put out that much. In your pictures they actually appear very similar to the PIAAs im running but i know capturing light in pictures is rather difficult.
Im very interested on the low beam option, are the bulbs actually custom made?
The Fogs for the Fiesta are verified right at 1,000 lumens, +/- 5%.

We choose the Long Life time lamps for the warmer starting color temperature, as well as good burn lifetime. As far as "custom made" that's a yes and a no. We are not making the actual bulbs, but rather enhancing the light output by staining the glass.

Bulbs are OEM quality fit and finish. Then samples are taken from the batch and measured for color and light output to make sure they meet original design intent.

The HO low beams are in their final testing stage. We want to make sure the higher wattage bulb is 100% safe. We did a 72hr burn stand session and I then have been running them for the last 2 months. I noticed a wonderful increase in lumens, with no reflector issues. The HO low beams are technically not for road use but you can make that decision based on your local law enforcement. I have not had any issues

XanRules

What's the manufacturing/customization process like on these? This interests me for what may be obvious reasons.

OP
I
Thread Starter #5
What's the manufacturing/customization process like on these? This interests me for what may be obvious reasons.
We apply a unique proprietary process to the glass to get the desired color

OP
I
Thread Starter #7
Two sets of our yellow fogs going out by tomorrow :)

You guys will love these

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am sure these bulbs would work just fine and since I have not used these myself I will not speak ill of them.
However, I will offer a word of caution.

I have used 55W yellow bulbs in the OEM fog lights and the glass gets VERY hot.
I was also using a protective film to protect the glass from chips.
The film on more than one occasion did burn.
I therefore would be very cautious of a protective film with a higher wattage bulb.

Dave

OP
I
Thread Starter #9
I am sure these bulbs would work just fine and since I have not used these myself I will not speak ill of them.
However, I will offer a word of caution.

I have used 55W yellow bulbs in the OEM fog lights and the glass gets VERY hot.
I was also using a protective film to protect the glass from chips.
The film on more than one occasion did burn.
I therefore would be very cautious of a protective film with a higher wattage bulb.

Dave
The fog lamps are not high wattage. Housing is very small, we didn't even test it.

The high wattage bulbs were the low beams only. Our testing has shown no I'll effects

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The fog lamps are not high wattage. Housing is very small, we didn't even test it.
The high wattage bulbs were the low beams only. Our testing has shown no I'll effects

If I misunderstood, I apologize.
I have used higher wattage HIDs in the OEM headlight housing with no problems at all.
However the Fogs, as stated is a different issue.

Dave

OP
I
Thread Starter #11
If I misunderstood, I apologize.
I have used higher wattage HIDs in the OEM headlight housing with no problems at all.
However the Fogs, as stated is a different issue.

Dave
The Fiesta starts off with H11 fogs. Really a decent bulb and wattage.

Especially compared to the RS with the 35w H8 watts

OP
I
Thread Starter #12
Just sold a kit, shipping out tomorrow.

The 2 freebie reviewer kits should be in user's hands by tomorrow

Just installed the yellow fog light that was sent to me . really nice color . i will try them tonight and try post more pocs. And i am realy eager to try them wen the snow arrive. 1539610126664132499479.jpg 15396101592122062321019.jpg 1539610179556-1151234577.jpg 1539610202531-664459369.jpg 1539610126664132499479.jpg

OP
I
Thread Starter #14
Just installed the yellow fog light that was sent to me . really nice color . i will try them tonight and try post more pocs. And i am realy eager to try them wen the snow arrive. View attachment 18560 View attachment 18561 View attachment 18562 View attachment 18563 View attachment 18560
Thanks man for the photos. It's very difficult to photograph lights.

They look great in person. They "pop"

I just installed mine as well! I need to take some photos. Mine is white as well!