Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

0W-20 Quaker State Ultimate Durability oil

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Is 0w-20 OK to run in our cars? There is just a crazy good deal in store at Walmart for this oil that seems to get great actual test ratings... I live in a mild area with nothing over 80 degrees for the rest of the summer/fall, but is this too thin for startup or definitely OK with even colder weather for the cold startups coming? Currently has PUP 5w-30 in for the hot summer weather that is now over, and approaching almost 5k since last change... TIA!

I only use 5w-30.. not sure what the deal is with changing the viscosity but I personally wouldn't just to be safe.. May be completely fine but is it worth causing engine damage just for a discount...?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I only use 5w-30.. not sure what the deal is with changing the viscosity but I personally wouldn't just to be safe.. May be completely fine but is it worth causing engine damage just for a discount...?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Engine damage? Heh, you're the one running a higher weight yourself... But no, I found 5w-20 anyway but even then found out already that just like going 5w-30 is fine, as is going 0w-20 during cooler weather.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk