Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1 week away from another FiST in Austin, TX! So many questions...

Hello all. Checking in from Austin ,TX. I'm picking up a PB FiST in Ft. Worth in about a week and have some specific FiST questions as well as some general new car buying questions. First off what do I need to be ready with when I go pick up my car? I have $5k in cash for down payment as well as a 2006 Toyota Sienna w/ 80,000mi for trade in. Any sort of special documentation I should bring or anything I should prepare in advance of visiting the dealer? Any Fiesta ST specific pickup info?

Also couple of maintenance/mod questions?
1) I will be driving the car back to Austin after picking it up in Ft. Worth. Do I need to take any prep for the trip back to Austin?
2) Planning on getting oil changed at 500mi. Any Austin owners recommend one service center over another?
3) Tint is must for the Central Texas summers. Looks like 35% is pretty popular on here. Any recommendations?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I get closer but just a few to get me ready. Thanks everybody!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Congrats.

Did you find out if you pre-qualify for Ford's 0% Financing or low interest rates from local credit unions? Check with CarMax to see how much your Sienna is worth so that you won't get low-balled. Have you discussed how much they are offering on your trade-in? As in most purchases, you'll need to provide a valid driver license and proof of insurance before you can take delivery.

As for oil changes, you won't need to change it at 500 miles. You can wait until it hits 3k.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! My wait hasn't been as long as some but I'm still counting down the days. So just insurance, license and probably title for the minivan. I am planning on the Ford 0% financing. Thanks for the heads up on the trade-in. Just been using the online tools to get an evaluation. Anything else I should be aware of when I head up there next week to pick it up?

Go to ford right away and request a bunch of brochures in your and anyone else's names in your household, for any all ford cars that may interest you and put planning to purchase right away. You should get a coupon good for $500 off in at least one of them. It's always worked for me and I've bought 6 new Ford's in the last 5 years. And if you have good credit you may be better off taking the extra rebates and then re financing outside fmcc.

Cool I don't know what if any negotiating you've done on price? But if you can check to see if you or anyone you know can buy a car through their work with ford for x plan? My sister works for a partner company and can generate 2 a year for herself or anyone she chooses. X plan is not a huge discount in itself, but it locks the dealer into very low fees, and gives you between 300-600 off sticker+rebates. Your trade is where you can take the biggest bath though as I almost drove to tx to get my fist since pricing there is so competitive from what I saw online. So do try and get to a carmax to get an evaluation done at least that's a starting point. And check kbb/edmunds etc. If you have the title in hand and can wait chances are you'll get a better price selling it locally like through craigslist. Oh another hint on pricing is go through true car to see all available rebates and get guaranteed pricing on fiesta st models with the options you choose near you.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7
Yeah I'm hoping to get as close to invoice with all the rebates I can. Pretty friendly with the dealer so hope they don't give too much hassle. Honestly I thought I had more time or I would have gone with the CL sale but the original June 16th ETA turned into a May 15th ETA so plans kinda changed. Again thanks for the help. Getting so excited it is hard to keep a level head this late in the game.

FocusMike

Hey man, I'm also in Austin. Which dealer did you order yours from? I purchased mine from Mak Haik in Georgetown.

Hello all. Checking in from Austin ,TX. I'm picking up a PB FiST in Ft. Worth in about a week and have some specific FiST questions as well as some general new car buying questions. First off what do I need to be ready with when I go pick up my car? I have $5k in cash for down payment as well as a 2006 Toyota Sienna w/ 80,000mi for trade in. Any sort of special documentation I should bring or anything I should prepare in advance of visiting the dealer? Any Fiesta ST specific pickup info?

Also couple of maintenance/mod questions?
1) I will be driving the car back to Austin after picking it up in Ft. Worth. Do I need to take any prep for the trip back to Austin?
2) Planning on getting oil changed at 500mi. Any Austin owners recommend one service center over another?
3) Tint is must for the Central Texas summers. Looks like 35% is pretty popular on here. Any recommendations?

I'm sure I will have more questions as I get closer but just a few to get me ready. Thanks everybody!
Vary your speed when taking the long trip home, it shouldn't be ran at a steady state for long periods of time while the engine is breaking in.

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
Hey man, I'm also in Austin. Which dealer did you order yours from? I purchased mine from Mak Haik in Georgetown.
I actually bought it up in Fort Worth but have been getting service at Leif Johnson on Koenig. Know of any good driving roads in the area? Should be a fun car to explore the Hill County with.

FocusMike

I actually bought it up in Fort Worth but have been getting service at Leif Johnson on Koenig. Know of any good driving roads in the area? Should be a fun car to explore the Hill County with.
There's always our infamous Lime Creek road here in Austin.