Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112
    Member 23 Rep Points MagnetiseST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchesfury View Post
    Yeah definitely beyond what I want to do and I’m not risking myself or passenger if something messes up. Sucks but live and learn I guess lol. Idk enough about the changes but someone should sticky a disclaimer about these seat years or something.
    The rails and frames changed in 2015. I didn't find that out until I actually re-built a set for some friends who had FoSTs and wanted to trade seats. Its crazy that they made like two little changes but it just screws everything up. You could "make" it work but you'd have to drill out the bolt threads on the seat back sides and then put a sleeve, bolt, and nut on. It would work but I dont know how they'd hold up in a wreck.
    Cobb AP, JST Tuned, MAPerformance Intake , ATP Intercooler, Whoosh V2 3" Downpipe, Swift Spec-R Springs, Turbosmart Symposer BOV, RAMAIR Crossover Pipe, AWR RMM 88A

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetiseST View Post
    The rails and frames changed in 2015. I didn't find that out until I actually re-built a set for some friends who had FoSTs and wanted to trade seats. Its crazy that they made like two little changes but it just screws everything up. You could "make" it work but you'd have to drill out the bolt threads on the seat back sides and then put a sleeve, bolt, and nut on. It would work but I dont know how they'd hold up in a wreck.
    I would do like Nick did and modify the mounting points well before I modified the actual seat itself. You can bolt everything together like he did, then weld everything in place and it will be just as good and safe as the factory stuff. But modifying the seats themselves, specifically the mourning points? I wouldnt do that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Member 23 Rep Points MagnetiseST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiestDave View Post
    I would do like Nick did and modify the mounting points well before I modified the actual seat itself. You can bolt everything together like he did, then weld everything in place and it will be just as good and safe as the factory stuff. But modifying the seats themselves, specifically the mourning points? I wouldnt do that.

Yup. Aside what I said a couple of posts up (what Nick did) and doing this, there wouldn't be another way. However the airbags bolt up the same way, so you could drill off the brackets, weld on the fiesta ones, and still be able to make it work. FWIW the 2015 FoST seats are really nice and I prefer them to the FiST and 2013-14 FoST seats.
    Cobb AP, JST Tuned, MAPerformance Intake , ATP Intercooler, Whoosh V2 3" Downpipe, Swift Spec-R Springs, Turbosmart Symposer BOV, RAMAIR Crossover Pipe, AWR RMM 88A

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnetiseST View Post
    Yup. Aside what I said a couple of posts up (what Nick did) and doing this, there wouldn't be another way. However the airbags bolt up the same way, so you could drill off the brackets, weld on the fiesta ones, and still be able to make it work. FWIW the 2015 FoST seats are really nice and I prefer them to the FiST and 2013-14 FoST seats.
    I still have my 2015 FoST seats and want to swap them with my stock bases. Then sell my 2017 FiST Recaros that I found.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112