Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zunsport Grills

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #45
None yet, I didn't pay for any rush shipping back to the UK so it might be a little while.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
None yet, I didn't pay for any rush shipping back to the UK so it might be a little while.

look man you should be sitting on the tracking number and hitting the refresh every 10 seconds... LOL Just kidding. As long as progress is made that is fine.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #47
Lol I will be once I know the new part is on its way back to me.

I did a "ready fire aim" and bought the 3 piece kit before doing the appropriate research...

Like others, the lower & rear grilles fit fine with a bit of finessing them into shape.

I have been emailing back & forth with their customer service... they went from "of course it will fit" to "we have checked and it seems we have heard of some fitment issues". Next week I'm going to take the bumper cover off to install the Velossatech snorkel, so figured I'd pull the clips out and see if it fits for myself.

Their customer service is waiting to hear the results (made no comments about what we will do if it doesn't...refund? credit toward a US Spec?).

I'm amazed they don't follow the forums....

I'm going to look for some pics of the rear installed. Do you take out the oem honeycomb or does this just goes over that?

On the rear, taking out the honeycomb would be a whole different mess.... (so I put mine over, per the directions).

On the "front lower"--the honeycomb does come out... and if we get another nice warm weekend day, I might take it off and trim it (only keeping the sections needed to screw the zunsport into.

It is the "front upper" or main that is the bugger and I will know much better tomorrow evening.

Well, to quote the body shop "when I put in the corners, the front looks like it has buck teeth".... don't fit, can't be modified to fit. I guess that's pretty definitive to me. comp grill 1.jpg comp grill 2.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I personally do not like the looks of the Zunsport main grille, and the factory honeycomb looks MUCH better to me.

The lower IC grille on the other hand, looks GREAT to me (yes, even being 'mismatched' with the honeycomb main grille), especially with the stenciled with M-SPORT in white, Zunsport I have for mine. ;)

M-Sport,

I'm also installing the Velossatech Ram, with Red lips, so that will show a bit.

I have not been able to find any other mesh or other kits, interested to hear if anybody else knows of one. Might have to buy some mesh & cut it to size myself.

Modders--if it's hexagon, get mesh; if mesh, then damn that hex looks good. Got matte? go shiny & vice versa....

cheers
brent

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also plan on doing the VT snorkel when I do the CP-E IC (and maybe a radiator/t-stat IF someone besides Mishi releases one by then).

But I want mine to be 'stealth', with a black edge on it, so a 'see-through' grille does not help me anyway. ;)

Already did the Mountune FMIC/charge pipes, etc. Everything but the grills & wing lift looks stock from the outside, so I figured a little teaser...

Matt @ Zunsport looked at my pics and a) has treated me well as a customer (easy return & refund) & b) said he will work on a US fit grill. I will keep you appraised (he has to find a US spec car/bumper in the UK or figure out how to proceed...)