Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Method Race Wheels

I have been looking for an aggressive looking set of wheels for my can and stumbled on these bad boys.

The company usually makes truck wheels, but has recently broken in to rally. I contacted them to see if they had plans to do anything with the 4x108 bolt pattern, low and behold, they just received their first sets of 15x7" +48 wheels. They come in black or silver for now and they weigh 17.1 pounds. They are a little porky for 15s but they have a 1900lbs load rating. So if you live in an area with crap roads or need good looking set of winters, maybe this will be for you.

http://www.methodracewheels.com

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

Awesome! I love the whole rally look.. but man those slots will be THE nightmare to wash and clean.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #3
Simple, don't clean em. Why? #becauserallycar lol

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #5
Good to know, I haven't seen them anywhere before so I posted a thread. If they have been out for a million years, my bad. Method told me they just received them and that they are just getting into rally wheels so I'm just spreading the word of a company that offers wheels in our oddball pattern. Hopefully they will continue. Right now it's just the 501 wheels though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I WOULD consider them for winter set up IF they are not as outrageously priced as the Perfect Circle, 15x6 'rally wheels' listed on their site (which are MORE THAN their TD Pro 1.2s, in much larger/wider sizes [:(] ).
I DO understand that those might just be a REAL strong, gravel rally spec wheel, hence the weight and price.

Sadly, I cannot see them beating the prices of the TR Sparcos in the same size for winter use, but I might be wrong?

PCA-1

I WOULD consider them for winter set up IF they are not as outrageously priced as the Perfect Circle, 15x6 'rally wheels' listed on their site (which are MORE THAN their TD Pro 1.2s, in much larger/wider sizes [:(] ).
I DO understand that those might just be a REAL strong, gravel rally spec wheel, hence the weight and price.

Sadly, I cannot see them beating the prices of the TR Sparcos in the same size for winter use, but I might be wrong?
These Method wheels and the Sparco's are not competition wheels like the Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheels are. The Method wheels and the Sparco wheels are cheaper because they are manufactured the cheapest way, gravity cast, and they are made in China. Method doesn't manufacture wheels, nor does Sparco. These are brands in name only.

All Team Dynamics wheels are manufactured in the UK, by the same factory, Rimstock Plc, the largest OEM wheel manufacturer in the UK. There is no secret to this. All you need to do is visit Team Dynamics website, http://www.team-dynamics.com . As the Pro Rally is actually used on a professional level, and is the same, unmodified wheel you can buy, it is not in the same, lower class as either Method or Sparco. Not even close. No WRC team is going to slap on a set of gravity cast wheels made in China and hope they don't break and crash out. Just because a wheel "looks" like a rally wheel, certainly does not make one.

Many companies operate this way. It is more the norm than not. Contract with Chinese/Far East wheel manufacturer and go from there. Many of the brands Tire Rack sells are their own private label wheels. Bremmer Kraft, Sport Edition, Sport Tuning, and TR Motorsport comes to mind.

As far as beating prices go, you can buy the real thing or the cheap copy. Cheap, fake Rolex or real Rolex. Fake competition wheels, real competition wheels.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #9
Personally it does not speak well for a company or vendor that goes on a PUBLIC forum to crap on another companies products. If you want to explain how superior one wheel is over another, make another thread.

PCA-1

Just want to add in case anyone brings thus up, OZ owns the Sparco wheel brand, as well as MSW. OZ manufactures OZ wheels in Italy at OZ's plant. Oz's Sparco and MSW wheels are manufactured in China. Why?

The answer is obvious. Can't chance disparaging the OZ brand. Rimstock gave China a shot at making a Team Dynamics wheel and had such a bad experience, they never did it again.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #11
And this has what to do with my thread about a company, that is not TD or an affiliate, that decided to provide I wheel in our oddball bolt pattern?

PCA-1

Personally it does not speak well for a company or vendor that goes on a PUBLIC forum to crap on another companies products. If you want to explain how superior one wheel is over another, make another thread.

Exactly who are you. As a vendor here, I also provide a service to the community, not merely sell wheels. Your post was insufficient and required being addressed so that members have information to make informed decisions.

As to the differences in manufacture, the Pro Rally is a premium alloy, low pressure cast, heat treated, and shot peened wheel with a high end OE 4 step Acrylic finish.

If you find my post offensive, c'est la vie. It is the truth. No lies. No misguidance. Never said don't buy Method or Sparco wheels. Didn't direct you to my vendor forum to make a sale. Didn't even quote pricing. So I really do not get why you are having a problem, as you should be thankful you now have more knowledge than you would have otherwise not. It wasn't personal, and wasn't written strictly for you. It was meant for everyone.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #13
Yes but you come on this thread strictly to crap on Method and Sparco wheels. That sir makes you a troll. It does not represent your company or the brands you represent well. Personally, I will no longer consider TD or your company for any wheel purchase.

PCA-1

Yes but you come on this thread strictly to crap on Method and Sparco wheels. That sir makes you a troll. It does not represent your company or the brands you represent well. Personally, I will no longer consider TD or your company for any wheel purchase.

It was you who crapped on TD, not me. I have every right to correct and expand. Your assessment is your own. Others will make up their own minds. No need to beat the dead horse any longer.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #15
It was you who crapped on TD, not me. I have every right to correct and expand. Your assessment is your own. Others will make up their own minds. No need to beat the dead horse any longer.
Explain where I said a single bad thing about Method wheels? But you are correct, there is no reason to deal with any person that cannot respect the threads or other companies. The better more business correct way of handling this issues would have been to create your own thread explaining the advantages of TD wheels of the competition. Not calling out Method or Sparco specifically. So zero respect for you or your company. Good day.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
These Method wheels and the Sparco's are not competition wheels like the Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheels are. The Method wheels and the Sparco wheels are cheaper because they are manufactured the cheapest way, gravity cast, and they are made in China. Method doesn't manufacture wheels, nor does Sparco. These are brands in name only.

All Team Dynamics wheels are manufactured in the UK, by the same factory, Rimstock Plc, the largest OEM wheel manufacturer in the UK. There is no secret to this. All you need to do is visit Team Dynamics website, http://www.team-dynamics.com . As the Pro Rally is actually used on a professional level, and is the same, unmodified wheel you can buy, it is not in the same, lower class as either Method or Sparco. Not even close. No WRC team is going to slap on a set of gravity cast wheels made in China and hope they don't break and crash out. Just because a wheel "looks" like a rally wheel, certainly does not make one.

Many companies operate this way. It is more the norm than not. Contract with Chinese/Far East wheel manufacturer and go from there. Many of the brands Tire Rack sells are their own private label wheels. Bremmer Kraft, Sport Edition, Sport Tuning, and TR Motorsport comes to mind.

As far as beating prices go, you can buy the real thing or the cheap copy. Cheap, fake Rolex or real Rolex. Fake competition wheels, real competition wheels.

I was NOT berating the quality, nor the validity of your rally spec wheel. [nono]

In fact I included that disclaimer in the middle of my post expressly for for the purpose of NOT offending/'dissing' you, TD, or your fine company!

Let it just be said that IF I could swing the cost, I WILL consider those strong, quality built, rally wheels for winter tire use over anything else, but if not, I will have to consider the Sino built OZ Sparcos, or others, over NOT having any winter set up at all.

I DO still plan on getting a set of your TD Pro Race 1.2s soon after the delivery of my car (I am still trying to make up my mind on the diameter though), since I personally think they are the best looking (BESIDES their; strength, quality, etc.) wheels out there not just for FiSTs, but for almost ANY car on the road! [thumb]

koozy

3000 Post Club
there have been a number of members here who've experience issues with Team Dynamics wheels enough for me to not bother considering them. From cracking to poorly bored out center holes in which the owner sanded out the hole in order for the wheels to fit correctly on to the hub. All wheel companies probably have their own issues, but these particular issues were experienced by members here, close to home.

PCA-1

there have been a number of members here who've experience issues with Team Dynamic wheels enough for me to not bother considering them. From cracking to poorly bored out center holes in which the owner sanded out the hole in order for the wheels to fit correctly on to the hub. All wheel companies probably have their own issues, but these particular issues were experienced by members here, close to home.
Certainly news to me. I have been selling these wheels since 2009. As a vendor here I certainly will assist any one with any issue, regardless if they purchased from PCA or not.
Not doubting you, but would like to be directed to these posts/members.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #19
Certainly news to me. I have been selling these wheels since 2009. As a vendor here I certainly will assist any one with any issue, regardless if they purchased from PCA or not.
Not doubting you, but would like to be directed to these posts/members.

PCA-1

there have been a number of members here who've experience issues with Team Dynamics wheels enough for me to not bother considering them. From cracking to poorly bored out center holes in which the owner sanded out the hole in order for the wheels to fit correctly on to the hub. All wheel companies probably have their own issues, but these particular issues were experienced by members here, close to home.
Have done a few searches and come up dry. Team Dynamics takes any issue seriously. A link to a post will help. Thanks