Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Second FiST - 2016 Fiesta ST

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I usually run 1 gallon of e85 per empty tank to a full tank of 93. A e15-20 mix.

Glad to see you have returned razor! You are still one of my favorite contributors to the Fiesta ST community. I hope the dissenters here don't pull the shenanigans they did the last time.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
As someone that will be switching to E85 (E30) blend soon, I am curious of how the car adapts to smaller percentages of ethanol. Basically you can safely run a rough E25 mix with no issues on a stock tune?

Siestarider

Buy a new Fist, return to a forum that stepped on its dick in front of you, and rock nearly every boat with one post.

Did you run each fuel type to -1 OAR (or some other standard) to allow max learning prior to logging?

Are these the latest (V400) tunes?

I am surprised OTS AF ratios are varying that much on straight 91 at mid to higher rpm. I would love to play around with datazap if you post these.

Agree still nothing like Fist. Really glad you returned.

rexdriver85

I've heard a lot about you since I joined up here. Glad to see you back, looking forward to your contributions. [emoji106]

As someone that will be switching to E85 (E30) blend soon, I am curious of how the car adapts to smaller percentages of ethanol. Basically you can safely run a rough E25 mix with no issues on a stock tune?
The car will adjust somewhat to varying fuel variables like octane and ethinol but it won't actually run like it would if it were tuned for actual E30. From my OTS stage 1 map (93 octane) from Cobb to Adams E30 tune I picked up like 45-50 wheel TQ. I'm sure it isn't all E30 but also a more aggressive tune in general but for $150 that's a hell of a bargain either way you slice it. His LC setup also shaved off half a second 0-60 for me also.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
How much E85 could I put into the tank safely on a non E85 tune? I want to have a little in my tank that way when I switch over to the tune I can just top off the tank.

Also has anyone had any issues mixing E85 with 87? I just went to the local E85 station and the only unleaded gasoline they have is 87 octane so it would be roughly 3.5 gallons of E85 and the rest with 87 for a rough E30 mix.

By the way, I didn't intend to jack the thread. Sorry about that.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
It really depends on the tune. With Stock and Cobb OTS, around E20 or so is enough to maximize the adaptive timing nature of the tunes while still staying within the parameters of AFR adaption.

On custom tunes, all bets are off and you should consult with the tuner.

With Accessport currently en route, I have subscribed to this thread, good sir. [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've been running a base tune from Adam @ Tune+ for E30.

Until Cobb re-releases Accesstuner Race so I can tune the damn car. They are taking forever.

You do not have to be an 'Authorized Cobb Tuner', or certified dealer, in order to get this?

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
You do not have to be an 'Authorized Cobb Tuner', or certified dealer, in order to get this?
No, that is Accesstuner Pro.

Same features, just isn't bound to a specific Accessport serial number.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
So Cobb isn't re-releasing Accesstuner until December now for the Fords. Utterly redonkulious.

Welcome back! I did exactly what you did and upgraded to a 2016 with all the options I didn't have in my 2014. I've always enjoyed your posts and can't wait to see what you're going to do this time around.