Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Second FiST - 2016 Fiesta ST

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
So I've decided to keep this one stock other than tune, for now at least.

That means the FMIC, Wheels/tires and Wilwood brakes from the 2014 will be up for sale.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I don't blame you. The car's handling and braking is damn good stock.. Are you still making the ethanol content system? I'm considering an E30 tune and would like to simplify the mixing process. I typically fill up at 1/4 or 1/2 tank.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
I don't blame you. The car's handling and braking is damn good stock..
Yup, and I have the Evo to really have fun.

Are you still making the ethanol content system? I'm considering an E30 tune and would like to simplify the mixing process. I typically fill up at 1/4 or 1/2 tank.
I never "made them" except for myself. I created the write up so anybody who wanted to replicate it, could: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2870-Ethanol-percentage-hardware-project

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Ahh I see thank you. I'll begin reading up on it.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I had 1/4 tank of 91 E10, put 1.6 gallons of E85 in (it could've been E70 at the time; I didn't have my tester, because it was in my other car), filled the rest of the way with 91 E0, and couldn't feel a performance difference. Maybe I have to use more E85 since the petrol pump next to it is E0?

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
So... Cobb FINALLY re-released accesstuner software so I was finally able to custom tune my own Fiesta again....

Only took cobb almost a year... [nono]

Anyway... Fiesta feels great. Good power for the level of mods, which is nothing except for the tune and E40 mix. Keeping it this way until I give the car back at end of term.

2016 Fiesta ST
E40 fuel mix
Custom accesstuner tune by me
Zero other mods.

Datalog of E40 tune WOT 2nd through 4th gear: http://datazap.me/u/razorlab/fiesta...6-17-18-19-20-24-25&solo=2-3-8-20&zoom=81-284

E40 custom tune vs 91 oct 100% stock:

E40 custom tune vs Cobb Stage 3 with E25 mix

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Wow you are getting some good torque with your car. Make me an E30 tune! I'd pay for that. Most I've hit on a V-Dyno is 285-290 lb-ft.

So I found a chevron that sells e85 just 3miles from my house. I'm at just under 1/4 tank and need to refill soon. I am on an ots 91 stage 2 tune with cai and intercooler. How much e85 can I put in safely and top off with 91 and not screw anything up on my next refill?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
So I found a chevron that sells e85 just 3miles from my house. I'm at just under 1/4 tank and need to refill soon. I am on an ots 91 stage 2 tune with cai and intercooler. How much e85 can I put in safely and top off with 91 and not screw anything up on my next refill?
Is your 91 ethanol free, or 10% ethanol?

all i have in my tank is straight 91 from arco... i see talk about being able to put ethanol in on a stock tune... i dunno if i am able to do that on an ots stage 2 tune though... if i can it sounds fun and i just need to know what i am able to do hehe

edit: after researching, i see that basically all 91 octane pump gas is not 10% ethanol. so i guess mine is 10% currently.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
all i have in my tank is straight 91 from arco... i see talk about being able to put ethanol in on a stock tune... i dunno if i am able to do that on an ots stage 2 tune though... if i can it sounds fun and i just need to know what i am able to do hehe

edit: after researching, i see that basically all 91 octane pump gas is not 10% ethanol. so i guess mine is 10% currently.
I’m confused by this edit.

If your 91 is 10%, you could probably put 1 gallon, or 1 1/2 gallons of E85 in without any issues.

edit: after researching, i see that basically all 91 octane pump gas is NOW 10% ethanol. so i guess mine is 10% currently.

sorry about that. typo.

okay and that would be fine with the ots stage 2 tune? just concerned but curious. not super familiar and learning as i go. a little ethanol just sounds like a ton of fun if it wont hurt anything

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

edit: after researching, i see that basically all 91 octane pump gas is NOW 10% ethanol. so i guess mine is 10% currently.

sorry about that. typo.

okay and that would be fine with the ots stage 2 tune? just concerned but curious. not super familiar and learning as i go. a little ethanol just sounds like a ton of fun if it wont hurt anything
I don’t think you’d have any problem running a sub E20 mix on your OTS tune.

I use this for mixing http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

thanks. so 1.5gal e85 would be a 19.1% or E19 mixture. its raining here now... and damnit going to be raining or a chance of rain here all the way until the weekend :/ oh well ill try it out on the next fill up hopefully. thank you for all the info!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
thanks. so 1.5gal e85 would be a 19.1% or E19 mixture. its raining here now... and damnit going to be raining or a chance of rain here all the way until the weekend :/ oh well ill try it out on the next fill up hopefully. thank you for all the info!
You bet. Hopefully you’ll be able to tell a difference.

I ran E30 on stock tune. And Cobb stage 3. Everything worked great. Now I'm on E30 with an E30 tune netting 26psi peak. The torque is pretty nice. I'm not sure how accurate the estimated HP and TQ readings are on the ap but there was a discernable and measurable difference on the ap and the butt Dyno. I have zero mods other than tune and AP.