Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler protection?

Has anyone come up with something to keep the intercooler from getting wrecked by flying objects?

Have tossed around the idea of something like hardware wire that could be somehow attached to the inside of the grill to keep rocks and other fin wrecking debris from reaching the face of the intercooler - unless somebody makes something for that exact purpose...

Thanks ahead.

Zunsport makes a grill that fits down there for sure. It's stainless steel mesh.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

Siestarider

I found some black aluminum hexagonal mesh on internet, bought a piece big enough to cover IC opening. Just cut to fit and used little black zip ties to secure to back of existing plastic grill. Or maybe I tied it to the white verticals and used little white zips, I forget which on.

Just had my cowl off this weekend for other work, cleaned IC fins with a soft brush, not one damaged place in over 2 years since putting bug screen on.

We have big bugs down here, plus tracking kicks all kinds of debris into nose. Plenty of track scars, just use touch up paint on them.

I have used the leftover piece of bug screen for fog light vents, facia vents, hood vents, yes my car is all cut up but looks pretty stock because its all black and it all matches.

I found some black aluminum hexagonal mesh on internet, bought a piece big enough to cover IC opening. Just cut to fit and used little black zip ties to secure to back of existing plastic grill. Or maybe I tied it to the white verticals and used little white zips, I forget which on.

Just had my cowl off this weekend for other work, cleaned IC fins with a soft brush, not one damaged place in over 2 years since putting bug screen on.

We have big bugs down here, plus tracking kicks all kinds of debris into nose. Plenty of track scars, just use touch up paint on them.

I have used the leftover piece of bug screen for fog light vents, facia vents, hood vents, yes my car is all cut up but looks pretty stock because its all black and it all matches.
Pics?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

^This. I've seen your fog light vents but never noticed the screen on the intercooler area before.