Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB GROUP BUY: 949Racing 6UL Wheels in 15x8 +36 4x108

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That would cost a great deal more for everyone to have them custom finished.

I had a set of custom forged 18x11 and 18x13 wheels made, fully polished, incredibly beautiful wheels, insane maintenance required so I was going to have them painted or coated and it was going to be very expensive to have it done right.

-------

The Charcoal is actually more like a satin than flat, much more durable and easier to maintain, I have a set in charcoal.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know it is almost impossible to do on a group buy, but, IF you offered more color options (at the very least, a black option), and a 16x8 option, you'd probably have way more than the necessary commitments needed to convince 949 to build our bolt pattern. ;)

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I know it is almost impossible to do on a group buy, but, IF you offered more color options (at the very least, a black option), and a 16x8 option, you'd probably have way more than the necessary commitments needed to convince 949 to build our bolt pattern. ;)
We already inquired about 16x8. They said no go. If they don't make a 16x8 for the 4x100 crowd, why would yo think they'd opt to make them in 16x8 4x108? I asked and was told NO. I think that since these are serious race wheels and are usually teamed with race compound or autocross type tires is the main reason they aren't offered. Options for tires in 16" are much more limited than 15 & 17". Personally I'd love a 16x8" option

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah sorry, I forgot about that no go 16x8 fact from the other post.

What I have found is that, IF one wants to keep anywhere near the factory overall diameter, the 17s offer the LEAST amount of options for tires, followed by the 15s (for the NON autocross/road race, R, and >100/200 tread wear options, besides the 195/55 BFG Comp 2s). :(

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My biggest gripes for this car is the tiny turbo, heavy 17" wheels, 4x018 bolt pattern. Should of been a bit larger turbo, 16" wheels, 4x100.......

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I would add; NO 3 door option, balky/vague stock shifter, no REAL oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, and boost/vac factory gauges. :(

STILL a bargain though for ~$20K for a base ST model. :)

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I don't care about the size of the turbo, since most people with turbo cars upgrade them. I knew would be upgrading mine. Wheel weight doesn't matter to me either, because again, I mod my cars and never keep the stock wheels. Bolt pattern does suck, no excuse for it Ford. As for the shifter, I think ( as well as most automotive journalists) that the stock shifter is great. Some short shift kits improve it, but as far as stock shifters, few other cars out here match it for smoothness.

LILIKE16ST

damn I just seen this I'd be interested. I was wanting flat or matte black. Which color are we getting is it the tungston or berrylym (spelling?? lol) or both or what I'm a bit confused? I'm very interested in this depending on the color...

Sorry guys, but I need to bail from this group buy. It doesn't seem like there is presently enough interest and I need to get off of the stock wheels asap to something with more sidewall.

I caved and just got some 16x7 maxxim winners with 205/50 neogens.

I still may want some lighter wheels down the road, but not in the cards for at least a year from now.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I think this thread is dead. I opened an account on Fiesta Faction specifically to link this thread there in the hopes of getting the required 100 wheels, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Mods should probably close this.

LILIKE16ST

It really is a shame we could not put this together. I went with 15x8 pro race 1.2 to avoid the hassle and cost of the 4x100 conversion. It wouldn't be quite as bad if we had a rotor we could buy direct fit for the 4x100 instead of having to drill each time we change rotors. I wish these companies would show love for the 4x108 crowd I realize there aren't as many vehicles running this pattern but the fact that the focus ran this pattern all the way up until like what 2010 or 2011 and the 2011 and up fiesta and fiesta st run this pattern, as well as the late model cougars the contour and contour svt all run this pattern. I think there would be enough of a market and interest from all these groups to make it worth while for them to make these wheels in the 4x108 but maybe that's just me. It really does suck.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
It really is a shame we could not put this together. I went with 15x8 pro race 1.2 to avoid the hassle and cost of the 4x100 conversion. It wouldn't be quite as bad if we had a rotor we could buy direct fit for the 4x100 instead of having to drill each time we change rotors. I wish these companies would show love for the 4x108 crowd I realize there aren't as many vehicles running this pattern but the fact that the focus ran this pattern all the way up until like what 2010 or 2011 and the 2011 and up fiesta and fiesta st run this pattern, as well as the late model cougars the contour and contour svt all run this pattern. I think there would be enough of a market and interest from all these groups to make it worth while for them to make these wheels in the 4x108 but maybe that's just me. It really does suck.
It's not he wheel manufacturers that are to blame for lack of wheel options, it's FORD. The wheel manufacturers risk losing money by making wheels for a niche market like ours. What does Ford risk by making he bolt pattern 4x100 from the factory??? Nothing. They are the boneheads that make our lives miserable.

We already inquired about 16x8. They said no go. If they don't make a 16x8 for the 4x100 crowd, why would yo think they'd opt to make them in 16x8 4x108? I asked and was told NO. I think that since these are serious race wheels and are usually teamed with race compound or autocross type tires is the main reason they aren't offered. Options for tires in 16" are much more limited than 15 & 17". Personally I'd love a 16x8" option
I would also prefer a 16x8 option. 15x8 in my opinion is too small. They don't make a 16x8 for the 4x100 crowd, because that is not a good fitment for Miata's. You have much less race tire choices too at that compared to 15x8. Source: I run 15x8 on my Miata.