Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Washington DC Metro Area

Taking mine up to summit soon as I get my chumpcar project sold so I have my garage back to change brakes and get a oil cooler fabed up. Probably going to sometime in late July or August now.

If anyone is interested locally I'm about to put my levels inter cooler up for sale next week in the for sale section, but wanted to give local guys a chance first. It came of RodMoe's car as he went to the DHM big turbo. I am ordering the DHM stuff for my car as well so not going to use this inter cooler anymore. Wanted to see if anyone was interested in a special local only price of 275.

JasonHaven

New FiST owner here.

Tuxedo black, only option is a Sunroof

I live in NWDC, so if you're in town you might see me around sometimes.

Any local guys have leads on good dealership based service providers for our cars? I'm not sure if I'm sold on Lindsay's service, and I'd like a reliable place for warranty repairs and maintenance*.

Also, any suggestions on shops to install possible mods in the future? Thinking of a couple things :)

I'm down to do a get together sometime in the future, though I'm not the most seasoned auto enthusiast hah.

* things I'm thinking of:

- 16" Focal F09's (probably with all-seasons, because apartment + DC's weather)
- MounTune MP215 kit
- Mudflaps
- Shark fin antenna
- Debadge/black out badges

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard [MENTION=3033]JasonHaven[/MENTION]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
New FiST owner here.

Any local guys have leads on good dealership based service providers for our cars? I'm not sure if I'm sold on Lindsay's service, and I'd like a reliable place for warranty repairs and maintenance*.

Also, any suggestions on shops to install possible mods in the future? Thinking of a couple things :)

I'm down to do a get together sometime in the future, though I'm not the most seasoned auto enthusiast hah.

- MounTune MP215 kit
- Mudflaps
- Shark fin antenna
welcome!

base car? I wonder if that's my twin sold out of ted britt. They had two identical cars. Looks like that car doesn't have painted calipers either.

Anyone interested in that intercooler? LOL. Would love not to have pack and ship it. Also we should all met up soon. JasonHaven you'll see my FiST around DC. I work by Verzion Center so I am always commuting in and around that area.

kevinatfms

New FiST owner here.

- MounTune MP215 kit
- Mudflaps
- Shark fin antenna
I'm an ex tech from Lindsay. They are a great set of technicians there. Ask for technician Joe Diaz. He will make sure you are treated correctly.

If you have any questions please let me know.

JasonHaven

I'm an ex tech from Lindsay. They are a great set of technicians there. Ask for technician Joe Diaz. He will make sure you are treated correctly.

If you have any questions please let me know.
That's good info to know. I was turned off after the sales experience with them, but I guess the service department is another story? I'm getting my oil changed there this weekend (along with a detail/dealer badge removal, since they didn't have time to do either when I bought the car). I won't worry about requesting Joe specifically for an oil change, but I'll request him for any more challenging work. [like]

JasonHaven

Anyone interested in that intercooler? LOL. Would love not to have pack and ship it. Also we should all met up soon. JasonHaven you'll see my FiST around DC. I work by Verzion Center so I am always commuting in and around that area.
Nice! How you finding your gas mileage commuting in and out of DC? I'm sitting at about 30mpg with all the city stop and go, not too shabby!

kevinatfms

That's good info to know. I was turned off after the sales experience with them, but I guess the service department is another story? I'm getting my oil changed there this weekend (along with a detail/dealer badge removal, since they didn't have time to do either when I bought the car). I won't worry about requesting Joe specifically for an oil change, but I'll request him for any more challenging work. [like]
Jose is the oil change tech. He is great at what he does and he is very quick. You don't need to worry. I just had my 5000 miles service done there on the 12th and was in/out in under an hour.

Joe and the rest of the guys at Lindsay are a great bunch of people that know what they are doing. If anyone needs warranty work or service dont be afraid to head over there. If you need the names of techs that are available just PM me and i can give you a list of who to ask for. 1/2 of the guys i worked with are still there and i will vouch for them 100%.

OP
R
Thread Starter #135
What club do you run with? Entry fee? I have done some HPDE events and driving schools but havent been to one in over a year. Looking to get back into it with the FiST.
I ran with NASA and did PCA events a long while ago; I'm trying to balance HPDE and drifting this year, which is proving to be difficult given how hectic my schedule is. My F250 just bricked its transmission, and the woman's Miata got smashed up, so I have entirely too many unanticipated expenses this summer [rant]

JasonHaven

On my way to the service center (first oil change, and a detail), I spotted a black FiST on Bradley in Bethesda, had a Koons dealer badge. Any of you stalking me? :p

I waved but they ignored me haha

I do my own service. I was a tech back in the day before I went into the army. just did my first oil change today.

kevinatfms

I ran with NASA and did PCA events a long while ago; I'm trying to balance HPDE and drifting this year, which is proving to be difficult given how hectic my schedule is. My F250 just bricked its transmission, and the woman's Miata got smashed up, so I have entirely too many unanticipated expenses this summer [rant]
Ah ok. I did a few NASA events, some track daze(sp?) and some local club/shop stuff. Havent been in a year or two and was looking at getting back into it or even auto-x. Its been too long and i miss it dearly.

JasonHaven

Would anyone be interested in a set of stock rims (might have a small bit of curb rash, being dc) + stock tires (low wear) if I were to replace them soon with new rims/all seasons? If so, what price would you be willing to pay? Trying to figure out when I should make the switch financially. :)

Would anyone be interested in a set of stock rims (might have a small bit of curb rash, being dc) + stock tires (low wear) if I were to replace them soon with new rims/all seasons? If so, what price would you be willing to pay? Trying to figure out when I should make the switch financially. :)
Hmm, I will give you $50 and a curb-rashed wheel for a non-curb-rashed wheel. [biggrin]