Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Auxillary Fueling Information and Discussion Thread

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

Do you believe that the stratified system will work to give proper fueling on the X37?
Dude.. It's a stock frame turbo. If strats kit is good enough for a giant gtx2867 or 2871 than why wouldn't it work with the x37.

Of course Adam is going to try and sell you his marked up aux fuel system, or whatever he comes up with.

I encourage every one to do a little thinking outside of the box. It usually results in hundreds, if not thousands saved...

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #22
It appears from what I am reading that a good tune is all that is needed in order to make the Boomba and Stratified system work. How much extra fuel can be put in with the auxiliary fueling? Is it enough for me to run 70% ethanol fuel? I ask because I tested my local E85 pump and the test showed 68% ethanol content in their E85.

TempeST

According to where your power is at with the aux fueling. at 300whp probably enough with aux fueling, to run 70% but that is also to say you would need an injector on the aux kit that will supply the amount needed and there uprated injectors for the Strat kit, for the boomba kit you put your own injectors in it so you can properly size it the way you need it.

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #24
Dude.. It's a stock frame turbo. If strats kit is good enough for a giant gtx2867 or 2871 than why wouldn't it work with the x37.

Of course Adam is going to try and sell you his marked up aux fuel system, or whatever he comes up with.

I encourage every one to do a little thinking outside of the box. It usually results in hundreds, if not thousands saved...
Not saying that it wouldn't work, but on the X37 is it overkill? I know nothing about properly sizing the fueling in any system (as I said at the start of this thread), and I was just asking for his thoughts.

What "outside of the box" thinking are you referring to? Anything specific or just in general?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It appears from what I am reading that a good tune is all that is needed in order to make the Boomba and Stratified system work. How much extra fuel can be put in with the auxiliary fueling? Is it enough for me to run 70% ethanol fuel? I ask because I tested my local E85 pump and the test showed 68% ethanol content in their E85.
At about E50, the LPFP can't keep up. "How much" is a question I can't answer in fuel terms, but at E40, probably around 450whp. It's enough for a stock frame turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Not saying that it wouldn't work, but on the X37 is it overkill? I know nothing about properly sizing the fueling in any system (as I said at the start of this thread), and I was just asking for his thoughts.

What "outside of the box" thinking are you referring to? Anything specific or just in general?
When I say outside the box, I'm talking in general when it comes to all of these parts we are told we need. Most of it is BS, some of it is true, and some people are being taken advantage of.

Just remember, majority of the vendors are out here trying to make a buck, they aren't your friends. They'll tell you that you need part X when OEM is good enough, or there are better options out there for a lower price.

IMO, aux fuel isn't necessary with x37. Maybe it'll help, maybe it won't... Do you want to be a Guinea pig? You could be losing $800+ figuring it out.

A more proven option would be a meth kit which is about half the cost and will net you 15-20whp

My .02 :)

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #29
I know your against meth injection.... But like tons of fost guys, a duel nozzle 100% meth system is the PERFECT solution... Also... I don't sell meth systems or meth parts, lol

Is there a "meth thread" on this forum? I don't even know where to begin with trying to plan and size for a proper meth injection system, and I guess the unfamiliarity is what I don't like.

Someone suggested somewhere on this forum that we can utilize the windshield washer tank for meth storage, and I like that idea as opposed to adding an additional tank.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Is there a "meth thread" on this forum? I don't even know where to begin with trying to plan and size for a proper meth injection system, and I guess the unfamiliarity is what I don't like.

Someone suggested somewhere on this forum that we can utilize the windshield washer tank for meth storage, and I like that idea as opposed to adding an additional tank.
Message [MENTION=1858]johnnyaf87[/MENTION] he did meth injection by tapping into wiper fluid tank and injects in the cold side charge pipe

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #32
2" above the bottom of the washer tank, 8" from the throttle body. 640cc progressive 10psi start 18psi full

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk
Do you by chance have a step by step write up for how exactly you implemented your methanol system in the FiST ? I really like the idea of utilizing the washer fluid tank for the methanol storage, and are you running straight methanol or a water/methanol mix?

Thanks!

Would I be headed in the right direction by going with a methanol injection kit such as this?

http://www.snowperformance.net/Stage-2-Boost-Cooler-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit-p/20010.htm
I personally went with devilsown DVC-30 kit. But thats equivalent. I dont really have a step by step or pics of install but its pretty straight foward from the box instructions. I run a self made 50/50 mix
Fiesta specific stuff:
Take bumber off, drivers headlight out, then drill holes into the frame to mount the pump.
Add a inline switch to your controller unless you want meth all the time. Mounted switch and controller inside glove box.
Run boost line and pump power line from glove box through center console then out the grommet right above the clutch peddle.
Get a boost reference adapter, several places sell them that mount to the intake.
Thats how i did my setup.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

Well, I have the aem kit using the mid sized 500 cc nozzle on my gtx2860. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the washer reservoir and epoxied the supplied tank fitting to it. Did the same with the level sensor a few inches higher. The pump is attached to the frame under the air cleaner. Nozzle is screwed into the plastic cold pipe half a foot or so before the t-body. Controller is zip tied by the battery wrapped in a Ziploc bags lol. Only ran the led inside the car and mounted it under the cluster. It's not the most professional way, but it's solid.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I did the boomba intake spacer plate with 4 injectors and then another 5th nozzle in the cold pipe. Way over kill, but it has a cool-ness factor.

Personally, I like the duel nozzle AEM kit.

I tapped the stock washer tank about a year and a half ago, but when I bumped it up to 5 nozzles, I added a larger tank that mounts under the hood where the factory intake filter box used to be ( 2J race intake ).

On top of over kill, if you buy nozzles for a Mpfi setup that are too big to start with ( like I did ), then it's like $90 to buy 4 more smaller/bigger ones.

I also run 100% meth. 50/50 is weaksauce. But it's 1000% better than nothing.

I did the boomba intake spacer plate with 4 injectors and then another 5th nozzle in the cold pipe. Way over kill, but it has a cool-ness factor.

Personally, I like the duel nozzle AEM kit.

I tapped the stock washer tank about a year and a half ago, but when I bumped it up to 5 nozzles, I added a larger tank that mounts under the hood where the factory intake filter box used to be ( 2J race intake ).

On top of over kill, if you buy nozzles for a Mpfi setup that are too big to start with ( like I did ), then it's like $90 to buy 4 more smaller/bigger ones.

I also run 100% meth. 50/50 is weaksauce. But it's 1000% better than nothing.

I too am running 100% meth now (on a gt2860rs turbo with 93 octane, looking at around 350-360whp we believe). Using washer res to hold it. What should I do the trick the controller into thinking its full of fluid though? I am getting a low fluid light aka a one blink red. Because I am using the washer level sensor in the car no need to tap tank to hook uo AEM's low level light.

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #40
Anyone in Houston willing and able to assist me in designing (I want to utilize the stock washer fluid bottle) an installing one of these systems? I really want to install a WMI system, but I'm intimidated since I've never done one and I want for it to be done correctly.