Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebony or Rado Grey wheels on my Magnetic FiST?

Ebony or Rado Grey wheels?

• Ebony

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Rado Grey

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I currently have Ebony OE wheels and trying to decide if I should keep them or switch to Rado Grey? I feel the Rado Grey would better match my European headlights but want some opinions.

Rado Grey on Magnetic Grey:

Should I stick with my Ebony wheels or go with Rado Grey?

fST

I say Rado Grey. But I also say tint those windows man! 35%ish would probably look nice, like the first rado grey picture.

fST

You deleted the pic with the tinted windows? I assume you're not into that look?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I say ebony or gloss black, but NOT the factory/stocker wheels!

I REALLY do not like the style of the factory wheels in ANY color, besides their mass, and I do not even want to use them for winter wheels, but will with the all seasons they come with for now.

Come spring, it will get black aftermarket, LIGHT wheels (on the same color car as yours), with at least MAX performance, 200 tread wear donuts on them, if not 100 tread wear gumballs if I feel really insane at the time. LOL (Will they send the people in the white coats after me if I use Trofeo Rs on the street?! :) )

Then next year I plan to get some less costly, but still lightweight, 15s (like the Sparcos or such, maybe even in rally white to be different), and put big side wall Nokian R2s, or at least WRG3s on them.
I can also use these if I start working/marshalling the Rally America events once more (stage roads and 100 tread wear tires DO NOT MIX!! [nono] ).

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I don't like the weight either, but I want a color I can live with until new wheels are in the picture.

I personally like the black on gray look. I've never been a fan of silver wheels on any car. Unless it's machined aluminum, that's looks ok.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Found someone relatively close to me locally, who wanted to swap wheels. I originally thought they were Rado Grey from the pictures he sent, turns out they were the factory silver. He had driven almost 3 hours to swap so I decided to do it anyway, the silver is actually pretty nice even though it's very common. Maybe I can find some Rado wheels soon, either way it didn't cost me anything and I like it better than the Ebony. Plus I feel it now matches my headlights. For the life of me, I can't take a picture of these lights without glare, they are so bright.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That does actually look pretty good, and after seeing it, IF the silver wheels were still a possibility for the '16s, I probably would have taken them over the Rados.

It does not really matter much either way for me, as I will have aftermarket wheels on my car very soon after taking delivery.

Seeing how a lighter color looks on the magnetic makes me wonder just what a rally white wheel would look like on a FiST of our color?
(Even though it would be black anyway after being driven on the street for a day or two. :( )

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Thank you!

There is a member here who has white on his Magnetic Grey. Let me see if I can find it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Nice!

I wonder if that is his winter/snow setup, since those TD Pro Rallys only come in 15x6 (I think, Chalon took down the site and the info posts on here) for our cars. [dunno]

I can't make out if those are winter tires in that pic, but the setting looks like the bay side of Long Beach Island.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I prefer the black. Mine came stock gray and I've been looking to change them ever since.

If you still want to trade I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Sent using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Oh I see that I misread your post. I'll probably just paint dip mines black. Might be easier for now.

Sent using Tapatalk

Waterfan

Found someone relatively close to me locally, who wanted to swap wheels. I originally thought they were Rado Grey from the pictures he sent, turns out they were the factory silver. He had driven almost 3 hours to swap so I decided to do it anyway, the silver is actually pretty nice even though it's very common. Maybe I can find some Rado wheels soon, either way it didn't cost me anything and I like it better than the Ebony. Plus I feel it now matches my headlights. For the life of me, I can't take a picture of these lights without glare, they are so bright.
FWIW, the brighter wheels and additional contrast look really good IMO.

May I make a suggestion? How about Ingot Silver mirror caps? Just another little touch of silver to add to the wheels and lights...just a thought.

Either way, car looks great!