Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential Paint Defect...?

Anyone have experience with clearcoat peeling off like hairs?

I washed and cleaned my car yesterday, and noticed that the underside parts of the front bumper and right side skirt had some clear-ish material that was peeling off like strands of hair, almost like fiberglass. Is this covered in the warranty?

It's not a readily visible location so I can live with it for now, but I'm concerned long term. Car is a '15 with about 17000 miles.

Could you provide a photo? This would greatly help us in understanding what you are trying to describe. I am certain that if it remotely looks like there is any physical damage, it will not be covered. On the other hand it can be something that is stuck on your paint.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3

It's likely from hitting a cone during AutoX. I took it to the dealership and the body shop guy said the strands weren't clear coat, but idk what else it could be. I dont think there's any sort of clear bra on the underside of the car.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

hmm... that does look like.. someone trying to park and ran the bumper on top of the concrete stopper/high curb... if that never happened to you maybe previous owner/dealer/mover did it. It looks exactly like a few cases I've seen previously, but the photo is a little blurry so its hard to fully analyze it. I doubt it would affect anything tho.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I just remembered there was an instance where I did curb my car... Oh well. I'm assuming it's likely not an issue for longevity, just some aesthetic damage

I just remembered there was an instance where I did curb my car... Oh well. I'm assuming it's likely not an issue for longevity, just some aesthetic damage

I wish I was like you haha I don't forget about things like this ever. I know where every little mark, scratch, ding whatever is on my car. Makes me sick sometimes. Not relevant to the conversation but figured I'd say this

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
I wish I was like you haha I don't forget about things like this ever. I know where every little mark, scratch, ding whatever is on my car. Makes me sick sometimes. Not relevant to the conversation but figured I'd say this
When it happened, it bothered me a lot. The underside of the bodywork wasn't visible at the time so I only saw the curbed rim. Luckily (or maybe not luckily? idk) the brake dust coverage hides the curbed rim, so as long as I don't wash the car, it looks fine. lol

When it happened, it bothered me a lot. The underside of the bodywork wasn't visible at the time so I only saw the curbed rim. Luckily (or maybe not luckily? idk) the brake dust coverage hides the curbed rim, so as long as I don't wash the car, it looks fine. lol
I feel, I sometimes forget it's a daily driven vehicle and shit will happen. It takes a while to get over it but it is what it is. Good luck in the future :)