Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Skid plate...

There is a little company local to me that makes skid plates and other stuff for the Focus ST, and they wanted a Fiesta ST to fit a skid plate. I was selected and here it is.

It bolts up to a plate that mounts just above the stock air dam in the front bumper cover.

And it looks like this all mounted up.

It is not the same as the under tray some have made on here, but it still does the trick. It is a nice piece, and the front end feels a little more stable for me. I'm on bags, and the car vibrates at 65+ mph. I don't know if it is a minor alignment issue (bagged cars are difficult to get aligned), wheel balance issue, or the bags themselves, but adding the plate has pretty much stopped that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that sheet metal, or aluminum alloy?

Do they plan on marketing this eventually? Any projected prices thrown around?

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Is that sheet metal, or aluminum alloy?

Do they plan on marketing this eventually? Any projected prices thrown around?
It is aluminum, and they plan on selling. I was the mock up and test fit. I'm not sure when they plan on updating their site for sales. I thought the price would be about their Focus ST plate costs, but might be a little more because of the extra piece for mounting on the FiST.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Have you noticed any MPG change?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Not yet. I got the final version on about mid tank. I can report back if there is a noticeable change on the next full tank. I keep track of each fill up so I have a pretty decent history of MPG so far.

That looks pretty awesome. Have you noticed any change to cooling?

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

OP
S
Thread Starter #8

Sorry the delay in getting back. Work has been busy this week.

Unfortunately I do not have an AP, so I don't have specific numbers one way or the other. With that in mind, I have four squares on the dummy gauge. I always have four squares on the dummy gauge. It has been in the mid to high 90s all week, and I haven't seen any issues with temps.

Once I get an AP, I plan on seeing if temps are effected by the plate. I have no idea when I will get an AP, though. I'm still figuring out if I want to really do stuff to the engine.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
nice looking solution for a skid plate.

I have one (not exactly this one, the skid plate guy off Facebook makes the one I have) and the temps are actually cooler when moving. I suspect it is due to less turbulance and the air flows from the front and exist the sides/ back. There is no impact to mpg other than the extra weight. One thing to do is and some antiseize grease to all bolts. Under the car gets way more water and grime to jam the threads.

You could make one, however it is prone to be lost. Taking the plate off should only be 5 minutes. Easily recovered if you use a fumoto type drain valve.
This, oil drain valve with filter relocation kit. Problem solved with the added benefit of more oil capacity.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
This, oil drilling valve with filter relocation kit. Problem solved with the added benefit of more oil capacity.

Ok. where did you find the relocation kit?!? I really want one as the damn area is too tight for my paws and the larger filter. I looked for one a while back but stopped. Already got the drain valve.

Ok. where did you find the relocation kit?!? I really want one as the damn area is too tight for my paws and the larger filter. I looked for one a while back but stopped. Already got the drain valve.
I've never looked for one yet but I'm sure there is one somewhere. If not, [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] has a Fiesta ST as a shop car. If the demand is large enough, they could have one out in a fairly short amount of time. Actually coupled with their oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate, a filter relocation would be pretty awesome to complete the system. Could almost double the stock oil capacity with the right filter and everything else lol.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've never looked for one yet but I'm sure there is one somewhere. If not, [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] has a Fiesta ST as a shop car. If the demand is large enough, they could have one out in a fairly short amount of time. Actually coupled with their oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate, a filter relocation would be pretty awesome to complete the system. Could almost double the stock oil capacity with the right filter and everything else lol.

Once I get less lazy I would cobble something together. but I only think of it during the oil changes. :D