Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 intake owners with P144C issues please chime in

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

I am currently waiting to receive Mishimoto's Induction tube. I have their OCC and CFM Valve Cover Breather for ~1000 miles now. No code thus far. Will see if installing the induction tube will cause this code to appear.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I went through the engine bay last night and there were a few clamps that weren't fully tightened from the catch can PCV lines. They are all tight now so crossing my fingers.

Funny you mention that- after my OCC install, I forgot to tighten the worm clamps completely (though I really got the hoses squeezed on tight to the ends on the clamps). Watching more of the Mishimoto install videos has me inspired to attempt a lot of of these installs on my own (got myself a nifty 173 piece tool kit!)

Any update on this [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]?
Any info would be nice. There's a lot of us out there popping codes. You guys might want to try installing one of the production setups on your test car. Something may have gone wonky between prototype and production.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
I guarantee you it's from loose clamps. Mishimoto has recommended tightening them beyond their suggested torque spec. Use a 1/4" socket wrench and tighten ALL the clamps for the intake system as tight as you can (without being forceful). I guarantee you your issues will go away. The evap system in this car is super sensitive.

I guarantee you it's from loose clamps. Mishimoto has recommended tightening them beyond their suggested torque spec. Use a 1/4" socket wrench and tighten ALL the clamps for the intake system as tight as you can (without being forceful). I guarantee you your issues will go away. The evap system in this car is super sensitive.
"Tight as you can without being forceful" doesn't help very much. Mishimoto needs to give us torque specs. I went way beyond what I ever did when reattaching my OEM induction hose based on the experience of others, and still popped the code. I'm not going to risk damaging anything trying to sort this out.

I'm not badmouthing Mishimoto at all, these things happen, and all us early adopters run the risk of being lab rats. Worst case scenario, I remove it and leave it on the shelf 'til they figure things out, which I know they will.

I'm not quite sure, just telling you what worked for me.
I know, and I appreciate it. I don't mean to sound grumpy. I just finished up "trying" to tighten everything up again, and think I might be on to something. I think their source of hose clamps is a little hit and miss. Of the three clamps they supplied, one was still tight, one had come very loose, and one started missing slots with far less pressure than the other two. Going to replace the two dodgy ones tomorrow and see if things change.

mishimoto1

Hey guys,

We are actively working on a viable solution for everyone who may be throwing the code as we are taking this issue seriously. The evap system is pretty sensitive so tightening all of the clamps are important, but our engineers are closing in on a workable solution beyond that. As soon as we have a more definitive answer, you guys will know for sure.

Hey guys,

We are actively working on a viable solution for everyone who may be throwing the code as we are taking this issue seriously. The evap system is pretty sensitive so tightening all of the clamps are important, but our engineers are closing in on a workable solution beyond that. As soon as we have a more definitive answer, you guys will know for sure.
Thanks for the update. The nice thing is that this is such an easy part to swap back to OEM while we wait it out, so not that big of a hassle.

Thanks for the update. The nice thing is that this is such an easy part to swap back to OEM while we wait it out, so not that big of a hassle.
Is it necessary to swap out to the original intake while we wait? Does the code mean that there is an actual issue with the intake? Or is it just an error code popping up by "mistake". Hopefully this makes sense.