Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 intake owners with P144C issues please chime in

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
One day after I installed your 2016 air intake on my car I have experienced the dreaded P144C issue. It seems some others have had this issue but Mishimoto has seemed to isolate it down to loose clamps but I have ensured mine were as tight as possible during install and after a few drives.
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] - please let us know what you are doing to resolve this issue. Most of us have spent $300 or more on this intake and were patient in waiting for it's release. I love the intake and it's a high quality part but I will have to put it on the back burner if these codes are an issue.

Bluedrank

At this point I'm wondering if it's somehow a combination of things. Some people are getting it while some arent. I wonder if it has anything to do with some combined effect due to the catch can.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I do have a catch can so if we can make that a correlation it may certainly help.

mishimoto1

We are working on a fix for this code. It seems that not everyone is experiencing it, but we are not taking the issue lightly. As for our catch can, pairing that with our intake kit should not cause an evap code to be thrown.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
The funny thing is that I was getting the code before I installed the intake, after installing the oil catch can.

Bluedrank

The funny thing is that I was getting the code before I installed the intake, after installing the oil catch can.
See that's what concerned me. There's a few mods that also would affect the evap system, and you're running most of them. The breather filter and catch can could be potential areas to play with and see if it changes anything. I'm also concerned about this myself, as I'll probably still reorder the Mishimoto induction tube, and also plan on running both the catch can and breather filter as well.

I believe Mishimoto will get to the bottom of it though. I'm sure their test vehicle is not throwing the code, which must make it tricky trying to figure out why some of our 2016 cars are throwing it when their isn't.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'm thinking signs point to the oil catch can. I'd hate to remove it, especially since it's providing that extra bit of protection, but we'll see what happens.

I'd really just like to know what it is in the system that is throwing the light. If it's because ventilation isn't perfect and it's slightly off, I could just have the error code eliminated in my tune so it will never come on. I just want to make sure I'm not causing any serious harm.

See that's what concerned me. There's a few mods that also would affect the evap system, and you're running most of them. The breather filter and catch can could be potential areas to play with and see if it changes anything. I'm also concerned about this myself, as I'll probably still reorder the Mishimoto induction tube, and also plan on running both the catch can and breather filter as well.

I believe Mishimoto will get to the bottom of it though. I'm sure their test vehicle is not throwing the code, which must make it tricky trying to figure out why some of our 2016 cars are throwing it when their isn't.
Was just going to bring up the valve breather also... I don't think their test vehicle has one setup, does it? Anyone else without a valve breather and with the OCC experiencing the code?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
If I have to remove it, it's not too big of a deal. It was tested on 2014 and 2015 cars, which I think have a different evap system it seems like, less sensitive to these kinds of mods.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I'm gonna try removing the valve cover breather first and go from there.

Waiting with baited breath, the breather makes sense as a possible culprit

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cause. I know plenty of people are running the breathers without issue but the 2016 models seem to be very picky about any kind of modification related to intake or PCV.

mishimoto1

Let us know how that turns out [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION]! It's definitely possible a breather could be the cause of that. We are still working on a possible fix and will keep you guys informed.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I am running it without the breather now so we will see if it comes back up.

Sorry to be such a pain about it. I installed the oil catch can and breather in the same week, so wasn't sure what I could narrow it down to.

SFP

Strangely I have the breather, Mishi Catch Can and a aftermarket intake (INJEN) from my 2015

I am on STG 3 OTS tune and haven't gotten one code for evap.

My solution was to eliminate the Boost line and put a check valve in line with the intake connection.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
That is bizarre. For what it's worth though, I've only heard of this P144C code being an issue for 2016 owners.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Oh I see. I have no idea then. It's never come on once for you?

How much would you charge me to make lines like you used on yours?

SFP

Oh I see. I have no idea then. It's never come on once for you?

How much would you charge me to make lines like you used on yours?
Only time I ever got it was when I just removed the one line and tried it without a check valve.

I sent you a PM...