Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Rotora Street Challenge BBK

Trader history for Noodles (0)

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #22
Also, did you confirm if these will fit with 16" wheels?
I haven't been able to confirm fitment for either kit on 16s personally(nobody will loan me a wheel lol) . If you already have a set you can download the diagram and see if it will clear. Or if you're about to order a set, you can send the diagram to the manufacturer and they should be able to confirm they will clear. Either way, it will be really close for a 16 inch wheel and offset will affect it alot.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

What are the weight savings with the 1 piece kit? I know the Wilwood kit saves a good chunk of inspiring weight.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #24
What are the weight savings with the 1 piece kit? I know the Wilwood kit saves a good chunk of inspiring weight.
The two piece saves 15% and is bigger and heftier. I'll ask them if they can get an exact weight on the one piece kit tomorrow. But my guess would be slightly lighter.

The two piece saves 15% and is bigger and heftier. I'll ask them if they can get an exact weight on the one piece kit tomorrow. But my guess would be slightly lighter.

Definitely curious as the Wilwood kit saves 11 lbs PER side for just the fronts. That's pretty huge. If they were similar I think I would go with Rotora.

So I got these this week. Went to install today. The kit is extremely nice. Very satisfied with the quality components and instructions. Everything is solid and the only additional thing I needed to buy was some brake fluid. Unfortunately, they do not fit my wheels. I have 17x7.5 et40 Rota Titans and the spoke design just won't work with the larger calipers. Pretty bummed about that. I don't really want to run spacers. I'd probably need 10mm if not a tad more. So back to the drawing board and determine my options.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #28
That is a nice looking kit. What about something to match the rear? Any plans?
They told me that they do plan on matching the kit for the rear with possibly a 2 pot billet caliper. But they needed to retool for it. They said they would be looking into it later this year, so maybe in the next month or 2.

They told me that they do plan on matching the kit for the rear with possibly a 2 pot billet caliper. But they needed to retool for it. They said they would be looking into it later this year, so maybe in the next month or 2.

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for the updated info.

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #31
I dont think anybody has tried 16s yet. If someone in socal has a set i would be happy to try them on. I havent been to the track yet but i have been very aggressive in the canyons. 30 min sessions and no fade or over heating.

Thanks for the update. I am definitely interested but would like to know if I can fit them under 16's. They fit under the stock rims?

OP
Noodles
Thread Starter #33
They "fit" in that they will fit inside the stock 17s. But the spokes are too chunky, so you would need a spacer. I have 25mm all the way around but you could prolly do a 23 if you want to get custom ones made. It looks like they BBK would fit inside a 16 inch wheel and when i spec'd the kit to Rotora i said that should be taken into consideration for the community. However, i cant find anybody with 16s that would let me come and try on a wheel. Im really curious about it as well, but im not ready to plunk down cash on wheels without knowing they will fit or not.

These still available? And have you been able to test fit on 16s?

Rotora Street Challenge 1-Piece Disc System
6 SETS AVAILABLE: $976.50 + shipping
(1 SET IN SLOTTED, 5 SETS IN DRILLED/SLOTTED)
A set of forged aluminum 4-Piston Caliper (Red)
A set of 1-piece 300x24mm slotted disc (Heat-Treated)
A set of aluminum (7075-T6) directional caliper mounting brackets
A set of stainless steel braided brake lines
A set of H2 ceramic street pads

The numbers indicated above are how many kits are remaining.[/QUOTE]