Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Liquid Chill

Trader history for Rhinopolis (0)

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]

Would there be any reason why I wouldn't want to drain out the stock coolant and replace with the full strength Liquid Chill in my Fiesta ST?

I am wanting to measure coolant temps before and after utilizing Liquid Chill, and what would you suggest that I put in to my car to get the best possible reduced coolant temps?

PS: Please also provide a suggested replacement coolant schedule utilizing Liquid Chill, and I drive my car maybe 5k miles annual.

Thank you,

Ryan

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #2

Good morning and any feedback? I plan to purchase your product, utilize it per your recommendation, and then share the results. I will monitor coolant temps both before and after replacing my coolant with Liquid Chill.

I live in Houston, TX where summer temps are 100F+, and winter temps are all over the place. It rarely drops below 32F, and if it does it's only briefly. Again I drive this car maybe 5k miles a year or 450 miles a month, and I will follow whatever you suggest for replacement coolant schedule in order to see the best and most reduced coolant temps.

PS: I do plan to lightly track the car at a novice day event sometime this Oct.

Thank you,

Ryan

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #4
I was considering using their additive, but maybe their coolant isn't a bad idea either!
I live in Houston and even with the uprated turbo I am not seeing coolant temps spike much above 212F when I am running the car hard. I am still waiting on the DHM crashbar that I ordered back in May, and if that helps to flow more air through the nose of the car and then Liquid Chill can help to reduce coolant temps, then I will feel good about where the car is set up for the street.

mishimoto1

Good morning and any feedback? I plan to purchase your product, utilize it per your recommendation, and then share the results. I will monitor coolant temps both before and after replacing my coolant with Liquid Chill.

I live in Houston, TX where summer temps are 100F+, and winter temps are all over the place. It rarely drops below 32F, and if it does it's only briefly. Again I drive this car maybe 5k miles a year or 450 miles a month, and I will follow whatever you suggest for replacement coolant schedule in order to see the best and most reduced coolant temps.

PS: I do plan to lightly track the car at a novice day event sometime this Oct.

Thank you,

Ryan
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the post.

I am happy to hear you would like to use our coolant.

Our liquid chill will help protect against boil overs to 265 degrees Fahrenheit and freezing to -26 degrees Fahrenheit. It also helps seal pin hole leaks and inhibits corrosion. All while being safe for all vehicle types.

We will be happy to assist you with any additional information you may need in regards to any of our products. Feel free to email us at Support@Mishimoto.com and well will be happy to assist.

Best Regards,
Jarret

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #6

Would there be any reason why I wouldn't want to drain out the stock coolant and replace with the full strength Liquid Chill in my Fiesta ST?

I am wanting to measure coolant temps before and after utilizing Liquid Chill, and what would you suggest that I put in to my car to get the best possible reduced coolant temps?

PS: Please also provide a suggested replacement coolant schedule utilizing Liquid Chill, and I drive my car maybe 5k miles annual.

Thank you,

Ryan

Hello Jarret,

I appreciate you responding to my post, and would you kindly reply to my original post referenced above? I believe that the forum and many other Fiesta ST owners are interested in what Mishimoto suggest.

Thank you,

Ryan

mishimoto1

Hi Ryan,

There are plenty of reasons to use Liquid Chill in your vehicle! Aside from being non-toxic, Liquid Chill is designed to meet or exceed all stock specifications and exceeds the specs needed to pass ASTM D6210 and ASTM D3306 coolant tests. It's premixed with deionized water, so it's ready to use and safe for all water-cooled engines. As for the full strength, it will transfer heat away most efficiently when blended with the proper amount of water.

Our liquid chill combines an inherently nontoxic propylene glycol antifreeze base with unique poly organic additives (POAT) to allow a service life that can exceed 2+ years or 250,000 miles in Light Duty (gasoline) applications, although Mishimoto engineers recommend consulting your service manual for application-specific coolant and antifreeze guidelines.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
-Sara

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #8
Hi Ryan,

There are plenty of reasons to use Liquid Chill in your vehicle! Aside from being non-toxic, Liquid Chill is designed to meet or exceed all stock specifications and exceeds the specs needed to pass ASTM D6210 and ASTM D3306 coolant tests. It's premixed with deionized water, so it's ready to use and safe for all water-cooled engines. As for the full strength, it will transfer heat away most efficiently when blended with the proper amount of water.

Our liquid chill combines an inherently nontoxic propylene glycol antifreeze base with unique poly organic additives (POAT) to allow a service life that can exceed 2+ years or 250,000 miles in Light Duty (gasoline) applications, although Mishimoto engineers recommend consulting your service manual for application-specific coolant and antifreeze guidelines.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
-Sara
Hi Sara,

If I understand your response, I should notice the best results by utilizing premixed (with deionized water) Liquid Chill. I'll record before and after and see if it helps in reducing coolant temps.

Thank you,

Ryan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is argued back and forth a lot, on many sites, but some have claimed that deionized water is even better yet than distilled water for automotive cooling system use, due to lessened electrolysis.

But who knows for sure. [dunno]

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #10
It is argued back and forth a lot, on many sites, but some have claimed that deionized water is even better yet than distilled water for automotive cooling system use, due to lessened electrolysis.

But who knows for sure. [dunno]
I'll have to read up on that, and I didn't know about that one. I'm going to try the Liquid Chill additive 1st and see if I can measure via the Cob AP any perceivable difference in coolant temps.

I'm ordering today so that I can "test" while the Houston weather is still in summer mode.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Did you ever perform this experiment? I'm installing my big turbo in a few weeks and it may be worthwhile to change over to this coolant while I'm at it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Does this give you a clue that it may not be warranty friendly?

"although Mishimoto engineers recommend consulting your service manual for application-specific coolant and antifreeze guidelines."?????? Meaning what???? Any straight stuff Mishi? Does it meet warranty specs?

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #13
Did you ever perform this experiment? I'm installing my big turbo in a few weeks and it may be worthwhile to change over to this coolant while I'm at it.
No noticeable change. I will end up one day mixing distilled water with water wetter and changing it out twice annually.