Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VIS CF Hood

DvC

Fitment is spot on. The only issue i had was the latch part was too big and needed to be ground to fit. Stock hood was 26lbs vs VIS hood at 15lbs

EDIT: if you guys want me to take other pictures not shown let me know i will get them and post them up.

That looks good! How much did it run you if you don't mind telling us?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #5
That looks good! How much did it run you if you don't mind telling us?
There was an ebay listing for 700 and free shipping. Arrived in about 3 1/2 weeks. Considering all the other options with $150+ shipping attached i think i got a pretty good deal.

Can you post pictures of the grinding you did?
I was having trouble with the hood not closing all the way and it ended up the adjustable U-bolt that goes into the hood latch was 1/16th too big around to fit where the stock part goes. 3 seconds with a grinder and it fit like a glove. i will take pictures when its no so early in the morning.

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #6
I absolutely love this hood. I wonder how the finish holds up over time....
yeah i have read stories of the resin/finish yellowing over time. i hit it with some jet seal and wax as soon as i was done adjusting it. i dont daily my car and it sits in my garage 5/6 days a week so i hope it doesnt happen.

I forget, are the vent holes functional? I know they are better to have at the upper corners for actual functionality, but do they at least have actual holes in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #9
They are not open. I would assumed they are closed to keep water off the electronics. I am going to open them I just haven't gotten to it yet

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Be careful opening it. The passenger side looks close to the ignition coils and the driver side is near the intake connector...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was referring to you opening up the vents and water getting to the electronics

OP
DvC

DvC

Thread Starter #16
I was referring to you opening up the vents and water getting to the electronics
figured I was reading that wrong. Car is not my daily and won't be driven in the rain. Good call out though, never thought about what was under the vents

yeah i have read stories of the resin/finish yellowing over time. i hit it with some jet seal and wax as soon as i was done adjusting it. i dont daily my car and it sits in my garage 5/6 days a week so i hope it doesnt happen.
There are cheap carbon fiber hoods, and I don't think VIS is one of them.

I had one on a car I had, geez, 15 years ago? It was the best quality carbon fiber hood I have ever seen at that time. Lots of hoods out there with varying degrees of clear coat thickness, some have ripples in the layers, odd fitment, you guys get it. From what I remember VIS was the most expensive for my particular car, and lined up against the competition there was no comparison whatsoever.

If they still have the same quality standards as they did two decades ago, you cannot go wrong with VIS. Now, I would probably paint the top of that hood to be different, a little low key. Benefit is people think you are much more mature than you are going the extra mile to actually paint an aftermarket hood, and secondly everyone gets a nice surprise when you pop it too!

Kekekeke!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Be careful opening it. The passenger side looks close to the ignition coils and the driver side is near the intake connector...

Although, I have a different brand CF hood.
My vents are open and I have never had water issues.
So opening the vents on this one should not be a problem either.

Dave