Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission fluid change

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
he's worried about '''''''''''' but he want's our border's open to the world, so our children can work for 23 cent's an hour like they do S.O.B. [south of border] it's time the SOB'S revolt like we did and make their own country's right. like our forefathers did giving their life's for our freedom. they have no ball's to die for a cause. We don't need or want them here. send them back with a rifle to where they came from on this 4th of July18
[???:)]

You deduce ALL of the above from someone calling you out for punctuation?!?! [dunno]
You must be downright clairvoyant!! [pray] /s

cxwrench

he's worried about '''''''''''' but he want's our border's open to the world, so our children can work for 23 cent's an hour like they do S.O.B. [south of border] it's time the SOB'S revolt like we did and make their own country's right. like our forefathers did giving their life's for our freedom. they have no ball's to die for a cause. We don't need or want them here. send them back with a rifle to where they came from on this 4th of July18
What on earth are you rambling about? You have no idea about what I want other than making a little joke about people not paying attention during grade school.

dmb

my bad, sorry for everything I said. I try to help my friends on this forum, and I let some of my personal demons get to me. Grade school is as far I got. I spend more time checking spelling than i do typing. sorry.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Revolts work better when the Atlantic Ocean separates one from their controlling power... not to mention there were other factions, such as the French, Spain, Netherlands, involved in the war for independence. Study our history on immigration waves. Some folks may be surprised that this is actually nothing new. Our problems with crime, the economy, employment, are not a result of, or exasperated by, immigration. Immigration has become a scapegoat and folks are being bamboozled, hoodwinked, scammed and used. If people want to know what drives his agenda, they only need to take a look at his Campaign Chief Executive Steve Bannon's propaganda website. Among other things, they've devoted a lot of time to hammering this home. "...............Could Put Whites Below 50 Percent of Population Sooner .............. the country’s population will have more minorities than whites for the first time around 2043 or 2044, a result of higher birth rates among Hispanics .................. according to the U.S. Census Bureau, minority babies now outnumber white babies in the United States. ................. Today about nine out of every ten new immigrants brought into the country on green cards come from non-Western countries in Latin America, ("sh!t hole") Africa, Asia or the Middle East. ................ 1965, according to Pew, the country was 84 percent white, 11 percent black, 4 percent Hispanic and less than 1 percent Asian ............................ Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and President Barack Obama, have all pushed to accelerate this demographic transformation ............ number of Hispanics will be equal to the number of whites by July of this (2013) year–39% of Californians will be Hispanic and 39% will be white .............. Hispanics made up 12 percent of the electorate in 1998. In 2012, though, they represented 20% of the electorate. ........ By the end of the (2013) year, the number of Hispanics will outnumber whites. ................."

Our nation's strength, (besides the resourceful lands,) has been its flexibility to bend, to change, to morph, instead of break. The nation that we enjoy today, isn't what it was in 1812, or even 1965.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Revolts work better when the Atlantic Ocean separates one from their controlling power... not to mention there were other factions, such as the French, Spain, Netherlands, involved in the war for independence. Study our history on immigration waves. Some folks may be surprised that this is actually nothing new. Our problems with crime, the economy, employment, are not a result of, or exasperated by, immigration. Immigration has become a scapegoat and folks are being bamboozled, hoodwinked, scammed and used. If people want to know what drives his agenda, they only need to take a look at his Campaign Chief Executive Steve Bannon's propaganda website. Among other things, they've devoted a lot of time to hammering this home. "...............Could Put Whites Below 50 Percent of Population Sooner .............. the country’s population will have more minorities than whites for the first time around 2043 or 2044, a result of higher birth rates among Hispanics .................. according to the U.S. Census Bureau, minority babies now outnumber white babies in the United States. ................. Today about nine out of every ten new immigrants brought into the country on green cards come from non-Western countries in Latin America, ("sh!t hole") Africa, Asia or the Middle East. ................ 1965, according to Pew, the country was 84 percent white, 11 percent black, 4 percent Hispanic and less than 1 percent Asian ............................ Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and President Barack Obama, have all pushed to accelerate this demographic transformation ............ number of Hispanics will be equal to the number of whites by July of this (2013) year–39% of Californians will be Hispanic and 39% will be white .............. Hispanics made up 12 percent of the electorate in 1998. In 2012, though, they represented 20% of the electorate. ........ By the end of the (2013) year, the number of Hispanics will outnumber whites. ................."

Our nation's strength, (besides the resourceful lands,) has been its flexibility to bend, to change, to morph, instead of break. The nation that we enjoy today, isn't what it was in 1812, or even 1965.
THANK YOU!!

While I may disagree with you on the longevity of transaxle fluid (LOL), I 2000% AGREE with you on THIS!! ;)

(I will fight fascism with my very last dying breath, when, not if it comes to that!)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Did you ever think they would use the cheapest oil they can get away with that meets spec? they take it down to the last penny. that penny could be their job.
No, it never crosses my mind, make zero sense for Ford to use a product that does not perform well when they buy the stuff by the hundred thousand barrels at a price you cannot touch. But that works for a sales gimmick for the uninformed from a company trying to promote their product. It amazes me all the "engineers" on a forum know so much more than the people that do this for a living. You are free to use what you want, you are free to act like you know more than the folks that built my car. Ford does not pay for your maintenance, you do. So cost of fluids is not a concern to Ford, it is built into the cost for the first fill. They are concerned about one thing only.......what will insure a long life and lower warranty claims. Why would they use anything other than optimal, If they felt it required a more expensive solution it would be in the car. Changing one transmission would pay for many, many gallon of a "better" fluid if they needed it to keep the transmission from failing in normal use. The great majority of our cars will not be raced nor pushed to 300 HP but they will be driven harder than a base Fiesta and Ford knew that in specifying the fluids used. Same fluid as used in much more powerful cars than ours, not a concern to me in the least.

No, it never crosses my mind, make zero sense for Ford to use a product that does not perform well when they buy the stuff by the hundred thousand barrels at a price you cannot touch. But that works for a sales gimmick for the uninformed from a company trying to promote their product. It amazes me all the "engineers" on a forum know so much more than the people that do this for a living. You are free to use what you want, you are free to act like you know more than the folks that built my car. Ford does not pay for your maintenance, you do. So cost of fluids is not a concern to Ford, it is built into the cost for the first fill. They are concerned about one thing only.......what will insure a long life and lower warranty claims. Why would they use anything other than optimal, If they felt it required a more expensive solution it would be in the car. Changing one transmission would pay for many, many gallon of a "better" fluid if they needed it to keep the transmission from failing in normal use. The great majority of our cars will not be raced nor pushed to 300 HP but they will be driven harder than a base Fiesta and Ford knew that in specifying the fluids used. Same fluid as used in much more powerful cars than ours, not a concern to me in the least.
How is it in their best interest if your vehicle runs perfect for as long as you own it? They want to sell you oil that keeps the car running okay just up to the warranty. After that, they hope you have problems because they profit from all of your misfortunes. This is why they don't sell oils that save customers money. They want to keep people coming back as often as possible. And if they sold you a better oil that would keep your car running trouble-free, their service department would lose a fortune.

You are missing the entire boat on their agenda. They are not looking to save you any money. They are looking to MAKE MONEY and LOTS OF IT. They are going to use the cheapest oil that meets the rock bottom minimum specs. Cheaper fluids = more profits. It's all about greed. If they cared about you, they would be putting in Amsoil from the factory and insist that you keep using that product. Their service departments would go out of business if they did this.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Gear oil from the 60's held up perfectly well for the life of the vehicle. They buy name brand in bulk .

dmb

the ford 9 inch is one of the best rear ends ever put into production, where is it now? ever read about pinto's exploding in fire in a rear end crash and ford knew that would happen. but they thought it would cheeper to pay off the burned up kids familys than fix the 35 cent problem. its a free country do what you want. and you guy's who think i'm a racist read up on Aztl'an, most immigrants from the south believe the southwest U.S.A. is rightfully Mexico. are here only for the money not to be americans their loyalty lies in their home country. being a hispanic this is not what my grandfather came here for. or did my uncles who died in ww2 wanted, they were americans first and formost. so you want to let these carpetbaggers in. open your doors. don't forget most of the redcoats in the revolutionary war were americans fighting for the king of england.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
the ford 9 inch is one of the best rear ends ever put into production, where is it now? ever read about pinto's exploding in fire in a rear end crash and ford knew that would happen. but they thought it would cheeper to pay off the burned up kids familys than fix the 35 cent problem. its a free country do what you want. and you guy's who think i'm a racist read up on Aztl'an, most immigrants from the south believe the southwest U.S.A. is rightfully Mexico. are here only for the money not to be americans their loyalty lies in their home country. being a hispanic this is not what my grandfather came here for. or did my uncles who died in ww2 wanted, they were americans first and formost. so you want to let these carpetbaggers in. open your doors. don't forget most of the redcoats in the revolutionary war were americans fighting for the king of england.
I don't think you're racist at all, you just have your opinions. I really like the song by Buddy Brown. I call BS on that.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

dmb

I'M sorry if i came off as a azzhole no intent at all. and the second half was not meant for you. I am not a blind follower like some. things need to change and i am afraid who ever leads us, we are in for some very hard times. I pray for my children and their children. all every one thinks about is money and I think that will bring about the end of us.

dmb

about 20 years ago i was at a friends neighbors garage, when the hulk and brutus beefcake walk up out of nowhere, had a few beers with us then had to go. turns out this guy knew them for years. nice guys.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
How is it in their best interest if your vehicle runs perfect for as long as you own it? They want to sell you oil that keeps the car running okay just up to the warranty. After that, they hope you have problems because they profit from all of your misfortunes. This is why they don't sell oils that save customers money. They want to keep people coming back as often as possible. And if they sold you a better oil that would keep your car running trouble-free, their service department would lose a fortune.

You are missing the entire boat on there agenda. They are not looking to save you any money. They are looking to MAKE MONEY and LOTS OF IT. They are going to use the cheapest oil that meets the rock bottom minimum specs. Cheaper fluids = more profits. It's all about greed. If they cared about you, they would be putting in Amsoil from the factory and insist that you kying the partsep using that product. Their service departments would go out of business if they did this.
Amway still give away the tin foil hats with their oil? Your knowledge of oils/lubricants and cars is somewhat lacking. Do you know what oil came in your ST? Who makes it? Do you actually know of any data on what is used and tests showing it is anything but the highest grade? Did you know it uses a "food grade mineral oil" as a synthetic base? You can't get a cleaner base than what is "Baby Oil". Tell us ONE documented example of your failure rate fairy tale. Do you really think Ford wants a reputation of high maintenance costs, ask a salesman how nothing sells cars like breakdown rates. Just ONE Consumer or national publication or test lab that support your position please. Did you know our standard oil/additives were tested by the U.S N.I.S.T? (National Institute of Science and Technology). The test was on the forum or you can go to the web site and read the actual test data from them. You can push a MLM soap companies oil, when I see N.I.S.T. test showing how wonderful it is I'll let you know when I will use it. "Reviews"on YouTube with fake "independent" tests over data published by Government lab testing will not convince me of jack. You are very mistaken that Ford supplies inferior lubes, after all they write the specs and the oil companies must produce to those specs and you must use it unless you don't like your warranty. Fords goal with the oil we use is twofold, first it insures our engines will handle the loads generated without excessive wear and second is the improvement in gas mileage with the reduction of friction. Oils would not improve without the car companies continual demands for higher performance lubes. Do you think it is the cheapest thing they can buy? I guess when what ever place Amway buys their oil from figures out what the U.S. Government and Ford knows, AND how to produce it they may come close to the quality of oil our cars came with.

I assume you are also claiming the oil companies and the hundreds of companies that supply the various parts to build our cars and all the car makers are in on this secret conspiracy too right? Wonder why none of the consumer organization, BBB or news agencies know about this? You should let ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX and CNN know what you know. Imagine the headlines!

You are free to use what you like but making silly claims of automotive engineers spending their life designing parts to break at a certain point is a silly claim that has been debunked for over 50 years. None of the engineers in our family can remember a course that taught how to design for a predetermined failure in their education for both Mechanical or Electrical engineering. Along with the secret 400 mpg carbs and the "As sold on TV turbonator" for $19.95 that gives you "up to 40 more mpg", claiming Ford gets rich selling lube products is also a farce. Oil changes at my Ford dealer is no more expensive than a "Quick change" place, not that a dealer will ever touch my car I hope, my family are the DIY types. And most people do not buy "factory" oil and filters for the life of the car. Facts of life. I am 66 years old and have owned 27 cars so far, 3 went over 200K and one over 300k and burning no oil when we did part with them. None of my cars have ever had a failure due to lubrication but one did have a defective timing belt. I have had many I-4's (2 turbos),1 flat 4, 2 Rotaries, 1 V6 turbo and 3 V8's. I have owned cars from 6 different countries and I guess they too are all in on the conspiracy. My ST is the first car I have ever had the used Synthetic oil. All of my cars used dino oil. As long as an oil meets Ford specs you are good. Ford does specifies a Titanium additive in their "recommended oil" both Syn and Blend. All of their performance cars comes with it including the GT from the factory. But the Spec on oils you can also use does not require it as only one company had a patented process for the addition of titanium when Ford started buying it. If an oil is good enough for the racing GT's or all the other high performance cars, I don't think if will every fail in my ST.

Sam4

Just a suggestion. Change out the fluid without delay, to one of the products (somewhere) listed in this post! I did a Motul 300 75/90 (Woosh plug inserted here, thx Ron) yesterday and it is a great improvement. Clunking is gone, throws are smooth. I have an AWR RMM and cable mount bushings, but they did nothing for the (obviously) internal conflagration that was going on in the tranny. Easy job, finding the right tubing was the hardest part. Well, disposing of the used fluid is a close 2nd.

Ford Community Posts