Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission fluid change

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ahhh, off spec. I've read positive reviews. I swore by Redline MT90 in every Toyota I owned.
I'm sure it's fine.
Dave (lead tech at Red Line) is most likely just CHA (vs. CYA) by not suggesting it when one calls and asks him about using it in our IB6 gearboxes, since he did not actually test it in them, nor pay the licensing fees to Ford.

My guess is (like most of their products) that it is way beyond the mere WSS-M2C200-D2 'spec' as far as base stocks, add packs, friction modifiers, and shear strength/pour points/etc. goes.

Thanks for all the info guys. I just changed my fluid with the Ravenol MTF-2 since I bought the car used and don’t know the history on it. Whatever was in the trans was not causing any issues for me, as the shifting has been very smooth. Hopefully it’ll stay that way. Had I known about the Redline DCTF, I may have gone with that, as I’ve always gotten great shifting with their fluids in other cars. As mentioned, their site doesn’t bring it up as being approved. I may try it next time.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I also use Castrol Edge 0w-40 that's off spec to compliment the DHM360R turbo kit which is off spec too [biggrin]
I'm on PUP 5w30. Not exactly spec, but it does mention it in my supplement (2017 first revision).
My FiST is a 2017 with only 5,700 miles. In the meantime, I'm trying to preserve the warranty as best as I can.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm on PUP 5w30. Not exactly spec, but it does mention it in my supplement (2017 first revision).
My FiST is a 2017 with only 5,700 miles. In the meantime, I'm trying to preserve the warranty as best as I can.
agreed. I've got 2 years left on the drivetrain warranty so i'll be swapping in fresh Ford spec gear oil this weekend. My tranny has always shifted well so i'd rather not have a tranny issue denied cause the gear oil wasn't Ford. Once the warranty is up i'll look into alternatives.

So I am finally going to change my tranny fluid tomorrow along with an oil change, put on the winter wheels n tires, empty OCC, etc. Without going back through this entire thread can anyone tell me what size tube I need for refilling the tranny? Got to pick something up in the morning. Thanks guy's [hihi]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So I am finally going to change my tranny fluid tomorrow along with an oil change, put on the winter wheels n tires, empty OCC, etc. Without going back through this entire thread can anyone tell me what size tube I need for refilling the tranny? Got to pick something up in the morning. Thanks guy's [hihi]
1/2" plastic accordion tube is what I use

not much press on the forums about our new fluid but we've been going through a few cases per week out the door with magnetic drain plugs as a service kit

worth a peek

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/bg-syncro-shift-ii-synthetic-gear-lubricant-2014-fiesta-st-transmission-oil-service-kit

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also use Castrol Edge 0w-40 that's off spec to compliment the DHM360R turbo kit which is off spec too [biggrin]
Why not the most excellent Red Line 0W-40?

(I know it is a slight bit thicker in HTHSV than the also great Castrol 0W-40, and most likely has a good deal more potentially harmful to turbo DI engines calcium levels, as well as costing more.)

koozy

3000 Post Club
Why not the most excellent Red Line 0W-40?

(I know it is a slight bit thicker in HTHSV than the also great Castrol 0W-40, and most likely has a good deal more potentially harmful to turbo DI engines calcium levels, as well as costing more.)
Convenience. Easy to get, cost less and the titanium in their package. I can't justify the cost of RL over Castrol Edge.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Did my fluid swap yesterday.
2 liters, OEM DCT fluid. I had to open a 3rd quart to hit that sweet spot. [emoji19] Would be nice if we finally fully embraced the metric system like the rest of the planet!
I put in a hair over 2 to be exact.
Factory fill was at about the 1.67 liters as per the supplement (pic below).
But when I did the "20mm from fill hole" check (yes, I had the car 100% level, front to back and left to right, as per my bubble level indicator), and I estimated it to be 45mm! After putting in 2 liters, it was at about 25mm.
All in all, went super easy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did my fluid swap yesterday.
2 liters, OEM DCT fluid. I had to open a 3rd quart to hit that sweet spot. [emoji19] Would be nice if we finally fully embraced the metric system like the rest of the planet!
I put in a hair over 2 to be exact.
Factory fill was at about the 1.67 liters as per the supplement (pic below).
But when I did the "20mm from fill hole" check (yes, I had the car 100% level, front to back and left to right, as per my bubble level indicator), and I estimated it to be 45mm! After putting in 2 liters, it was at about 25mm.
All in all, went super easy.
Give that baby a transfusion! [thumb]