Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MCA Coilovers

Posted this on another forum but wanted to make sure the love was spread around thoroughly.

This week I went in for what was meant to be a final build and fit for my X-R series MCA Coilovers.

For those of you who don't know them, these guys bring decades of experience from rally, track and drift as both competitors and manufacturers. Murray Coote former Rally Champ handed over the reigns to his son Josh who teamed up with Luke Page manufacturing high quality suspension components for a wide range of applications.

While fitting up the rear suspension they decided that with the separate coil and shock arrangement was problematic, especially given the bend subjected to the coil springs in the torsion beam set up. As such they have designed a proper coilover for the rear with a slightly offset top plate to give it the clearance it needs. They will also have to shave down a small amount of the guard lining.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Damnit. I just bought Meister Rs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What is the planned adjustability for these (rebound only, rebound and compression separately adjustable {PREFERRED!}, rebound and compression together like everyone else does {and I refuse to buy!}, or 3 ways or something else)?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Would this fitment ever be offered in your Red Series, and if so, could separate rebound and compression adjustability be done as an option??

OP
B
Thread Starter #13
Would this fitment ever be offered in your Red Series, and if so, could separate rebound and compression adjustability be done as an option??
To be clear, it's not "mine" per se, rather MCA are building them on my behalf. My build will be X-R series which has "Red" valving in terms of sophistication but they will set up for a "specific application" IE. Race, drift or comfort. Whereas Red series are custom made to your requirements. As such I expect you may be request separate controls for rebound and compression.

Think I'm going to reach out about the "comfort" option?!? Bet those bad boys would cost a fortune to ship to the states?!?

OP
B
Thread Starter #15
Ok in a monotube design apparently separate bump and rebound control is technically very difficult to provide without a remote reservoir (which is why no one does it). They are in the process of designing one however it's at least 12 months away at this stage.
With that said I'm confident that what they are providing me will work very well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ok in a monotube design apparently separate bump and rebound control is technically very difficult to provide without a remote reservoir (which is why no one does it). They are in the process of designing one however it's at least 12 months away at this stage.
With that said I'm confident that what they are providing me will work very well.

THANK YOU for that info! [thumb]

I can easily wait that long, since I do not even have the car yet, and want to drive it factory stock anyway to get used to it's dynamics before throwing major suspension mods at it.
(I'm coming from a much lower sitting, powerful NA LS1 V-8, shifter right into the internal rail of the gearbox, solid axle/rear drive coupe, it could not be much more different a driving 'feel' from a FiST, so I have A LOT to get used to with this car!)

I also have no problem (maybe not even the added expense) with a remote, or separate but attached to the damper body, reservoir if that's what it takes for independent adjustments. [wink]

OP
B
Thread Starter #17
Rear top plates are ready. Fitting this Thursday.

Pete

Any possibility they can make top hats alone to sell for adding unto other coil overs that don't provide them. Bilstein, vogtlands, kw, are a few brands of coil overs that reuse the oem ones. So finding a replacement would be awesome.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My knee jerk reaction assumes a damper acting directly on the spring is better. But... There was a theory thrown out when MRs first hit our forum that wondered if a spring over damper setup for the rear would present too much force to the upper mounting area. Possibly causing failure of the lil econobox stampings as time passed.

I already don't like how offset that mount is. I imagine that could present an uneven load to the top but I'm no expert. I'm very interested in seeing how this setup holds up.