Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified feature request

Trader history for Racer83L (0)

Installed your flash tonight. So far so good. Got the flat foot shifting and snap crackle pop enabled. Very happy.

Quick request, not sure if it can be done. The 370Z has a feature that, when your downshifting the throttle blips on its own to rev match the down shift. Almost like heel toe shifting. Is this something that can be done? I would happily pay for the feature if you can implement it.

I'd like to know how that sounds too, I need to get another tune, just installed my intercooler. Trying to decide whether to just go PROTUNE, or the stratified flash upgrade and a E30 flash map.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I did their $50 flash tune with the $15 upgrade for crackle. At the moment I have stock exhaust so it isn't loud. I can hear it about as loud as the exhaust is if that makes sense. It's there, but quiet. I'm going to order Cobb exhaust after the winter and I read somewhere that the snap crackle pop might be bad for the stock cat. If that's true ill get a down pipe at the same time.

I recommend their tune. There was a pleasant surprise in the email that included the tune, they sent what I should monitor and look at in the data logs to make sure the car is running safely. I did 3 3rd gear pulls and everything was flawless. Car is running great.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I read somewhere that the snap crackle pop might be bad for the stock cat.
I was wondering the same thing, and not just the catcon, but what about the turbo housing and exhaust side wheel as well (or would it have be RADICAL, spitting flames out the back on every throttle closure, snap crackle pop in order for those parts to actually be harmed)? [dunno]

OP
R
Thread Starter #7
cobb stage 1. basically its stock. when you buy their tune, you fill in your mods on a form and they build the tune accordingly.
as far as I read somewhere, they snap crackle pop is only applied for a few seconds to avoid parts heating up too much. I dont know where I read it or I would be posting a link to it.

This is my stage 1 vdyno on stratified stage 1. I think this is normal maybe my cars just slow

That is normal. There isn't a lot of actual power (HP, or torque over time) to extract from the car to begin with without changing out the turbo to something more suited for that behavior. That's your bottleneck. The timing ceiling on the car is also extremely low. I surmise Ford engineered it that way because the engine already runs very warmly. (Not unusual to see just under 210F inferred oil temperatures during highway cruising). That leaves you only around 40F to play with in oil temperature before you should begin getting concerned about overheating on something like a track IMO.

Altogether, if you don't change out the turbo, but go all the way to e30, You can expect to make somewhere around 210 - 215 horsepower depending on gearing/tire size. The torque will end up somewhere between 280 and 300 ft/lbs.

Based

Is that for the pre-made tune or a custom tune? I was hoping to make like 200whp over the stock 170whp with an etune.

The downshift blip is not something that we can currently incorporate into a tune - at least not yet.

The flash tunes extract the majority of the performance from a stock turbo and the fuel you are using. We do keep a margin there for the customers that do not get a datalog review. With a full custom tune if the fuel allows it we can generally push a little further

Based

The downshift blip is not something that we can currently incorporate into a tune - at least not yet.

The flash tunes extract the majority of the performance from a stock turbo and the fuel you are using. We do keep a margin there for the customers that do not get a datalog review. With a full custom tune if the fuel allows it we can generally push a little further
Oh ok. I don't want to derail the thread and keep asking you questions. But I am interested in seeing how the flash tune is compared to stock and the Cobb stage 1 93.

This is Stratifieds stage 1 flash tune compared to a Cobb Stage 3 93oct tune I just did today. I don't have a downpipe but I wanted to see what would happen if I loaded it up and drove it around for a while, did some logs and just paid attention to temperatures. Ignition correction on all 4cyl was +6. Cyl 4 showed a knock count at 4500 rpms on a 4th gear pull. but it never gave me any negative corrections. figured I'd be a guinea pig. Stratifieds flash tune is where its at though, even though the stage 3 cobb tune was making more power from what it shows on Vdyno, the stratified tune just feels so much better, I need to update mine for my mods or just get a protune and quit being lazy.

This is Stratifieds stage 1 flash tune compared to a Cobb Stage 3 93oct tune I just did today. I don't have a downpipe but I wanted to see what would happen if I loaded it up and drove it around for a while, did some logs and just paid attention to temperatures. Ignition correction on all 4cyl was +6. Cyl 4 showed a knock count at 4500 rpms on a 4th gear pull. but it never gave me any negative corrections. figured I'd be a guinea pig. Stratifieds flash tune is where its at though, even though the stage 3 cobb tune was making more power from what it shows on Vdyno, the stratified tune just feels so much better, I need to update mine for my mods or just get a protune and quit being lazy.
The vdyno shows either some road imperfections on the COBB tune or some power/boost oscillations. That one bump between 4000 and 5000 RPM looks more like a road imperfection issue. I recommend taking a few back to back runs to rule out inconsistencies. Thank you for the kind words!

Based

Well my AP comes in today and I may pick up the stratified flash tune. I'm stock everything... I guess there's really not much to lose in picking up the tune and trying it... Does it take any amount of time for the ecu to learn the tune or is it an immediate thing?

Based

Alright cool. I will get the tune and if I have time I will do a video just comparing different things between stock, Cobb stage 1, and stratified tune. Like 0-60, 20-80, drive ability tweaks, etc.

My octane adjust ratio is at -.5 after a flash. Takes a little driving to get down to -1 for optimum ignition timing.

OP
R
Thread Starter #19
I absolutely love the stratified tune. If I could stand on a rooftop with all ST owners listening I would. Well worth the money and I enjoy the car that much more with it.

I wanted to add that I have nothing against any other tuners out there, I had a conversation with Adam from Tune+ and he was patient and answered all of my questions. I went with stratified because of the reviews I read on here and the price was better, I figured I would give it a shot.