Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Recirculation Bypass Valve - Boomba Racing

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Thanks for responding. I agree it is a well made part and the performance gain is notable. Its well worth the headache from the install lol.

What would have made everything a lot easier is if the mounting bracket for the solenoid did not have the recessed area. Interestingly last night I noticed the solenoid mounting bracket on the install video was flat, while mine had the recessed area. Was I sent a solenoid for a different eco boost model?
If you wanna shoot us a PM here of what the bracket you received looks like, I can confirm whether or not you got the right piece.

CSM

1000 Post Club
If you wanna shoot us a PM here of what the bracket you received looks like, I can confirm whether or not you got the right piece.
Nevermind, I went out to the garage this morning and double checked it. Everything looks good! (its identical to what the product page lists on your website).

I'm very happy with this unit!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Nevermind, I went out to the garage this morning and double checked it. Everything looks good! (its identical to what the product page lists on your website).

I'm very happy with this unit!
Thanks for keeping us updated!

CSM

1000 Post Club
For anyone that is interested in what this recirculating BPV sounds like:
[video=youtube;82NbWb_ewd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NbWb_ewd8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Just looking out for you guys!

This will install in the exact same manner as our boost operated blow off valve.

We tried to capture the noise on the shop car with the stock intake on it, and it can't even really be heard. So for those looking to fly under the radar; this is a great low-noise option.

This will be $20 more than our boost operated blow off valve and should be available in two weeks or less.

If you have ever taken apart the stock BPV, you will see it is made of plastic with a rubber diaphragm and very weak spring. These are known to leak boost over time due to the spring not holding pressure or the rubber tearing. Our BPV/BOVs are made from billet aluminum and have a brass piston and multiple o-rings to ensure nothing like this ever happens. With our pieces, the boost comes on a little sooner, stronger, and is held better throughout the entire power band.
I am confused about this device, how does a blow off make boost come on "sooner, stronger and held better"? I guess I do not understand how this can happen with a BOV. Do you any any dyno graphs or data showing this or is this simply based on a worn original possibly losing power? I am all for more power for my money but somewhat dubious about these performance claims.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
For anyone that is interested in what this recirculating BPV sounds like:
[video=youtube;82NbWb_ewd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NbWb_ewd8&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Thank you very much for sharing this video! Do you mind if we use it in some places as well?

I am confused about this device, how does a blow off make boost come on "sooner, stronger and held better"? I guess I do not understand how this can happen with a BOV. Do you any any dyno graphs or data showing this or is this simply based on a worn original possibly losing power? I am all for more power for my money but somewhat dubious about these performance claims.
This is not just BOV specific. The same effect is seen with our BPV. One vents to atmosphere while the other vents to intake. The stock BPV is made of a very cheap material (rubber and plastic) and is known to tear, leak boost, and have strange boost spikes. Our full replacement BOVs and BPVs are made of very strong aircraft grade billet aluminum and feature brass pistons with O-rings to ensure leak free operation. We pressure test these in-house before shipping to 100 PSI to ensure they will not leak. This premium in build quality paired with the solenoid control make for a truly superior boost delivery.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
This is not just BOV specific. The same effect is seen with our BPV. One vents to atmosphere while the other vents to intake. The stock BPV is made of a very cheap material (rubber and plastic) and is known to tear, leak boost, and have strange boost spikes. Our full replacement BOVs and BPVs are made of very strong aircraft grade billet aluminum and feature brass pistons with O-rings to ensure leak free operation. We pressure test these in-house before shipping to 100 PSI to ensure they will not leak. This premium in build quality paired with the solenoid control make for a truly superior boost delivery.[/QUOTE]

So I guess this means you have no data showing this performance improvement in actual HP? I can see that your product is well made no doubt but I have limited $$ to spend on proven power improvements. Thanks.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
This is not just BOV specific. The same effect is seen with our BPV. One vents to atmosphere while the other vents to intake. The stock BPV is made of a very cheap material (rubber and plastic) and is known to tear, leak boost, and have strange boost spikes. Our full replacement BOVs and BPVs are made of very strong aircraft grade billet aluminum and feature brass pistons with O-rings to ensure leak free operation. We pressure test these in-house before shipping to 100 PSI to ensure they will not leak. This premium in build quality paired with the solenoid control make for a truly superior boost delivery.
So I guess this means you have no data showing this performance improvement in actual HP? I can see that your product is well made no doubt but I have limited $$ to spend on proven power improvements. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall receive:

[video=youtube;uk7EdtD9Ycg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7EdtD9Ycg[/video]

This is on our WRX, but same principles apply (dyno proven HP and TQ):

[video=youtube;QFyw-ktSQEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFyw-ktSQEQ[/video]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
So I guess this means you have no data showing this performance improvement in actual HP? I can see that your product is well made no doubt but I have limited $$ to spend on proven power improvements. Thanks.
Ask and you shall receive:

This is on our WRX, but same principles apply (dyno proven HP and TQ):

Thanks, let me know when you get some data on the Fiesta ST.

This”tuner” sound that everyone seems infatuated with just sounds like compressor surge to me...
That’s not a good sound....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerrah

After installing Boomba bpv few weeks ago I can hear loud whistling sound under med-to-heavy acceleration. I've checked if there's no boost leak anywhere and all looks good (MAP and boost pressure is OK). What's more now I get (very rarely) bangs from my exhaust (like 3-4 after 2000 km). Is it anything I should worry about? My FiST spec (EU version):
-Mountune MR230
-R-Sport stage 3 FMIC
-Mountune downpipe
-Mountune catback exhaust
-new charge pipes
-Mountune intake (together with high flow turbo entry pipes)
-Mishimoto oil catch can
-symposer delete.

Jerickson88

After installing Boomba bpv few weeks ago I can hear loud whistling sound under med-to-heavy acceleration. I've checked if there's no boost leak anywhere and all looks good (MAP and boost pressure is OK). What's more now I get (very rarely) bangs from my exhaust (like 3-4 after 2000 km). Is it anything I should worry about? My FiST spec (EU version):
-Mountune MR230
-R-Sport stage 3 FMIC
-Mountune downpipe
-new charge pipes
-Mishimoto oil catch can
-symposer delete.
I’ve got the turbosmart plumb back vacuum actuated valve and around 4K I’ve got significant whistling. I think it’s bc we are used to those crap plastic electronic valves. I have no flutter under decel but I have more rumbles on the stock exhaust when the engine is backing down.

Gerrah

I’ve got the turbosmart plumb back vacuum actuated valve and around 4K I’ve got significant whistling. I think it’s bc we are used to those crap plastic electronic valves. I have no flutter under decel but I have more rumbles on the stock exhaust when the engine is backing down.
That's the same as me. But the occasional bangs worry me.

CSM

1000 Post Club
-Mountune MR230
-R-Sport stage 3 FMIC
-Mountune downpipe
-new charge pipes
-Mishimoto oil catch can
-symposer delete.
Are you hearing the infamous "air over a bottle" noise? (See here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3317-Odd-Resonance-Sound-After-Intake-Install)

When I installed the Boomba recirculating BPV on my 2014, I noticed the "air over a bottle" noise got a lot louder. I also have a bit of a whistle coming from the BPV area itself when full throttle and full boost. The car is performing well and holding boost so I have basically ignored it. I do intend on pulling the BPV when I install my intercooler, replacing the bolts and cleaning up the unit. I'll report back if I notice anything funky.

Also, FWIW I have a MP215 tune for about 4 years now and I sometimes also got exhaust pops under decel when driving for very long distances. I haven't been too worried about it...not throwing any codes and A/F looks fine

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the only difference between this boomba product and the Turbosmart plumb back compact BOV (whether turbo mounted, OR deleted symposer cold side tube mounted), that the boomba also has an electronic solenoid feedback control (like the factory unit) vs. only a boost pressure control on the Turbosmart? [dunno]

Gerrah

Do you have an AP3 and a person to send your datalogs to? You could atleast watch your A/F ratio and see what it does under decel?
I have Mountunes AP. I'll check tomorrow if it can log AF ratio.
No, it's not that. It's like you would blow a whistle. It's similar to this: https://youtu.be/UPSG8hyrjoU?t=14, but without the surge sound on the end.

Jerickson88

CSM

1000 Post Club
I have Mountunes AP. I'll check tomorrow if it can log AF ratio.

No, it's not that. It's like you would blow a whistle. It's similar to this: https://youtu.be/UPSG8hyrjoU?t=14, but without the surge sound on the end.
Yup. Mine sounds 100% like that too on full boost. Everything's working fine so i ignore it.

Ford Community Posts