Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Recirculation Bypass Valve - Boomba Racing

CSM

1000 Post Club
15k on mine so far. I did install an open filter intake (Injen) and its pretty loud now. But thats OK with me.

Some noises have popped up. I get an audible faint knocking noise when the valve opens/closes. Also, I'm starting to get some "flutter" if I ease off full throttle slowly while its at full boost (26psi). Not sure if the BPV has gotten dirty or if its due to my Dizzy tune, which I got last month. When I get a chance I'm gonna pull the BPV, clean it real good, oil it with sewing machine fluid and install new hardware to replace the stripped allen bolts.

Will report back

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #83
15k on mine so far. I did install an open filter intake (Injen) and its pretty loud now. But thats OK with me.

Some noises have popped up. I get an audible faint knocking noise when the valve opens/closes. Also, I'm starting to get some "flutter" if I ease off full throttle slowly while its at full boost (26psi). Not sure if the BPV has gotten dirty or if its due to my Dizzy tune, which I got last month. When I get a chance I'm gonna pull the BPV, clean it real good, oil it with sewing machine fluid and install new hardware to replace the stripped allen bolts.

Will report back
Check this video out before you service it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEsOWkuux4&t=7s

CSM

1000 Post Club

Will report back
Just an update. I had the BPV pulled and serviced (new allen bolts and cleaned/re-greased) when the new turbo was installed. The BPV is in good shape!

Flutter went away with the new turbo and tune, so it was tune related.

The faint "tapping" noise is the solenoid since its mounted on the firewall. Not a big deal and you really wouldn't notice it unless radio is off and I were to point it out.

Overall happy with the valve!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Just an update. I had the BPV pulled and serviced (new allen bolts and cleaned/re-greased) when the new turbo was installed. The BPV is in good shape!

Flutter went away with the new turbo and tune, so it was tune related.

The faint "tapping" noise is the solenoid since its mounted on the firewall. Not a big deal and you really wouldn't notice it unless radio is off and I were to point it out.

Overall happy with the valve!
Love to hear that!