Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full Recirculation Bypass Valve - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Want the added strength and performance of our Blow Off Valve but not the biggest fan of the added noise?

Search no longer!

Introducing the Boomba Racing Bypass Valve for the Fiesta ST!

This piece is very similar to our Blow Off Valve, but rather than venting to atmosphere, this vents back to intake.

The stock bypass valve is known to leak boost and fall apart since it is only made of rubber and plastic. Our design features billet aluminum construction, a brass piston, and multiple o-rings.

Also, for all you Europe Spec/MAF tuned cars: THIS PIECE IS 100% SAFE TO RUN!

Coming very soon.

[video=youtube;_cocTXXtJuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cocTXXtJuQ[/video]

So it appears to me that this recirc bpv can directly replace the existing Boomba vta bov with no other changes?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Will whatever sound it makes be about the same as the factory BPV, or more or even less noise than that (given a factory stock intake box/filter system)??

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
oh thank you Boomba!
Just looking out for you guys!

So it appears to me that this recirc bpv can directly replace the existing Boomba vta bov with no other changes?
This will install in the exact same manner as our boost operated blow off valve.

Will whatever sound it makes be about the same as the factory BPV, or more or even less noise than that (given a factory stock intake box/filter system)??
We tried to capture the noise on the shop car with the stock intake on it, and it can't even really be heard. So for those looking to fly under the radar; this is a great low-noise option.

ETA of release date and price? I'm very interested.
This will be $20 more than our boost operated blow off valve and should be available in two weeks or less.

What kind of ''strength and performance'' gain can we expect?
I am really interested.
If you have ever taken apart the stock BPV, you will see it is made of plastic with a rubber diaphragm and very weak spring. These are known to leak boost over time due to the spring not holding pressure or the rubber tearing. Our BPV/BOVs are made from billet aluminum and have a brass piston and multiple o-rings to ensure nothing like this ever happens. With our pieces, the boost comes on a little sooner, stronger, and is held better throughout the entire power band.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Forgive my ignorance, but for the price of this thing, why wouldn't we get the GFB DV+? It's less than half the price and is less complicated.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Forgive my ignorance, but for the price of this thing, why wouldn't we get the GFB DV+? It's less than half the price.
No worries, we can appreciate the question.

The GFB piece still retains the factory BPV on top of it meaning that it is still using the same program to open and close. Even though you replace the spring with the GFB piece, you are still essentially using the stock BPV on top of it.

Our unit will work off of pure vacuum and boost, as well as the stock electronic signal.

The Boomba Bypass Valve uses an ECU controlled solenoid that provides the bypass valve with both vacuum and boost pressure. Using boost to close the valve keeps it sealed no matter what the boost pressure is. The higher the amount of pressure, the stronger force there is keeping the valve closed. Vacuum is used to keep the valve open in this configuration. This with the combination of the ECU controlled solenoid prevents the valve from any fluttering or premature opening. This also works to eliminate any unwanted pressure spikes during venting. The purpose of this bypass valve is to prevent turbo lag and allow the car to hold boost in a steadier manner. When the throttle plate closes, excess boost pressure is vented so that the turbo can continue to spin during higher RPMs rather than surge from backpressure. The bypass valve is tested to over 75 PSI to ensure leak-free operation. The electrical connection on the provided solenoid matches right up with your factory wiring and there is no need to splice or trick your ECU with resistors.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
See that makes sense then, I just looked at the GFB and realized it relies on the stock part and mostly just replaces the piston and top piece. Thanks for the clarification.

When will it be available? And will this cause any possible CEL issues on 2016 models?

Also any chance of a group buy? I'd be down.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
See that makes sense then, I just looked at the GFB and realized it relies on the stock part and mostly just replaces the piston and top piece. Thanks for the clarification.

When will it be available? And will this cause any possible CEL issues on 2016 models?

Also any chance of a group buy? I'd be down.
It should be out within two weeks or less.

We may do an intro group buy. It depends on how much interest we see.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Forgive my ignorance, but for the price of this thing, why wouldn't we get the GFB DV+? It's less than half the price and is less complicated.
Also, no need to cut into the factory lines, so NO problems or questions at the stealerships if/when ever having to go in for TSBs/recalls/warranty work.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Also, no need to cut into the factory lines, so NO problems or questions at the stealerships if/when ever having to go in for TSBs/recalls/warranty work.
Well the unit is still physically different in appearance so it is possible for them to deny you on something. It's never a 100% certainty with anything aftermarket.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Well the unit is still physically different in appearance so it is possible for them to deny you on something. It's never 100% certainly with anything aftermarket.
^^^ exactly this. Whether lines are cut or not, you are still running something different than what the vehicle came with from the factory and it can cause a dealer to call you out on it.

Furthermore there is a law called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that states in order for a dealer to deny warranty work on your car, they have to prove the aftermarket part you have installed caused your issue. For example if your window stops working and you have a cold air intake, the dealer is not going to void your warranty. It is illegal for a dealer to void your warranty for simply having aftermarket parts installed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well the unit is still physically different in appearance so it is possible for them to deny you on something. It's never 100% certainly with anything aftermarket.
Absolutely true, but (this is addressed to boomba);

Is there ANY way possible to make those T fitting splices into the factory lines more stealth, or hidden (any other location for them??), so that it is not right there out on top of the engine for the stealerships to see when having to go back in for; TSBs/recalls, or warranty work? [dunno]

I like this setup, and want to buy it, but that T-fitting is kind of BLATANT, out in the open as it is, unless we can explain it away as a tap for a gauge or something?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
if stealth is important then GFB is ur go to. and it's not a bad solution in comparison to oem. But otherwise the boomba sounds superior in every other way.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Totally agreed, and I am planning on going with the boomba setup.

I just wish there was a way to not put a flashing light in my engine bay for the stealership to jump on (yes, for any other ENGINE, boost, etc. type visits).