Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

i rode with my wife both times and i saw it on the actual access port. let me take a look.

EDIT: youre right but after looking at my other logs from prior logging sessions i see as high as 23.79. not sure whats up today
Thanks for clarifying.

It could be a number of factors, I would guess it's related to environmental conditions during your logs, combined with your car's operating temp, stretch of road, etc.
Mine hits ~22psi on CA 91 octane when ambient air temp is low (<65*), but being in CA the temp doesn't get that low very often.
Other times, say during a normal 80* day, my boost will peak at around 20-20.5psi.

I see you're in AZ, I'll bet it doesn't get so cool over there besides in late evening/early morning huh?

DvC

Thanks for clarifying.

It could be a number of factors, I would guess it's related to environmental conditions during your logs, combined with your car's operating temp, stretch of road, etc.
Mine hits ~22psi on CA 91 octane when ambient air temp is low (<65*), but being in CA the temp doesn't get that low very often.
Other times, say during a normal 80* day, my boost will peak at around 20-20.5psi.

I see you're in AZ, I'll bet it doesn't get so cool over there besides in late evening/early morning huh?
the first call out is fair, the 24PSI log was on a different road. the felt the same as normal, speed wise, so its probably nothing

yeah its hot basically 8 months a year and warm the rest.

Seems odd. My car hits high 24's to low 25's whenever I do datalogs with the DV+.

Oh, and I also had the "turkey gobble" when I screwed up the install during my Boomba BOV phase. I forgot to plug the wire harness back in. Lol!

Thanks for the logs DvC. That's exactly what I was looking for...looks like there's no measurable difference in spool time between shifts with the DV+ but someone correct me if I am wrong.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll post my pre-install logs tonight. if the MAP vacuum adapter arrives Saturday as scheduled, I'll log again before finally installing the GFB. The more logs the merrier. thanks DvC. Having never logged before it's good to see what they are supposed to look like

Are you guys installing these by removing the passenger side wheel? Or does it have to go in from the top?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
The turbo flutter has nothing to do with the BOV. When I switched to an aluminum air intake (Mishimoto in my case) the turbo flutter became apparent. This is with the stock BPV. The aluminum intake pipe resonates and that's why you can hear the flutter. After changing to the GFB DV+ the turbo flutter is the same as before the install. Don't know why DVC wasn't hearing it before if he always had the same intake on. I will tell you that I couldn't boost past 27psi with the stock at almost 90% WGDC. AFter installing the GFB DV+ I"m seeing 29psi on only 45% WGDC. This thing holds boost. Great upgrade for hybrid turbos.

DvC

Don't know why DVC wasn't hearing it before if he always had the same intake on.

i cant follow instructions :( the video on GFBs website is much clearer then the paper instructions. its quiet, my wife was sad because she is a ricer like me and lovers pssshhh noises

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
i cant follow instructions :( the video on GFBs website is much clearer then the paper instructions. its quiet, my wife was sad because she is a ricer like me and lovers pssshhh noises
LOL. Wrong car if you're a ricer. Actually, I guess you can rice any car you want.[coolsmile]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've gotta stop logging on my way home from work. Rush hour makes it hard to commit with the right foot. Here are a few half way decent logs for what they're worth. I have more but they're pure shit. This weekend I'll try it again on an emptier road.

http://datazap.me/u/lilpartybox/datalog13-1014?log=0&data=4-6

http://datazap.me/u/lilpartybox/datalog11-1013?log=0&data=4-6

http://datazap.me/u/lilpartybox/datalog10-1012?log=0&data=1-4-6-8&hg=1

DvC

Hearing low boost flutter now...
[video=youtube;qld-pnjRIfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qld-pnjRIfQ[/video]

So is there any noticeable difference between stock BPV and the DV+ as far as holding boost pressure and response between shifts? The datalogs don't really look much different before/after...

TUX15ST

For all the people wanting hardcore data that this works, maybe it helps a little between shifts but i feel that its more of a piece of mind thing, the stock bpv is really cheap and i have no doubt it would eventually have issues. The unit is much beefier and i have no doubt it can handle whatever i can throw at it which at the moment is about 24-25 psi on the stock turbo

Just finished installing the DV+, and so far my impressions are positive. It could be placebo, but it does feel a little smoother between shifts. Peak boost is definitely a little bit higher tho and it seems to hold it slightly longer than the stock unit. The kit seems very well designed and sturdy, and should be way stronger than the weak stock unit.

I installed mine this morning before heading out for work. You can definitely feel the lag between 1-2 shifts is reduced, if not eliminated.
Also, you can hear the actuation of the valve a *bit* more than stock, however it still is not loud. I am running a COBB cold air intake (closed air box design) and with the DV+, BPV noise is minimal.

I'm going to bet that only people with open element style intakes will hear the flutter. Also, if you're really worried about it, have a look on the VERY last page of your GFB DV+ install instructions.
It clearly states that with the GFB supplied main spring installed, BPV noise will sound different over the stock valve.

Either way, I'm pleased so far with the performance, and with Whoosh having them lower priced than anywhere else, I had to pick one up!

Those who installed the DV+ already, did you break the OEM piece from the BPV or is it easy to remove?