Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB dv+ installed

Sorry hit post too soon. In his words.

There should be no need to grease or oil the plunger frequently. Out of interest, is the plunger o-ring on your new valve orange, or brown? We changed suppliers recently and the colours are different.
Do you know which color seal is the latest?

anticon

I got lucky and bought a used one off of fb for $65 shipped. I confirmed it was authentic, the seller had a receipt from pumaspeed, and when I received it I watched the youtube video describing the differences and this matched all the authentic features. On top of that the seller sent the top of his stock DV so I didn't even have to try to take mine apart! This was a huge bonus, since I really want to be able to return my car completely to stock if necessary.

The install was a bit of a pain, it took me about two hours from start to finish, if I did it again I could probably get it done in a little over an hour. I installed it from underneath with the car up on jacks, I wish I would have reviewed the thread below in more detail prior to starting my install, it probably would have helped a lot. I probably would do it from the wheel side from now on, but being able to see stuff from underneath would help too, so I would probably jack it up and take the wheel off. Also, the assembly fell apart on me multiple times so eventually I got some electrical tape and taped it together so I could get the assembly mostly installed, and then I pulled off the tape. My charge pipe was in the way, but I worked around it. It would have been nice to get it out of the way completely, but now with a full hard pipe it would have taken more time to remove it than it was worth. I wiped on some motor oil that I had with a paper towel for lube.

I took it for a test drive afterwards with some decent pulls, I will say it felt a little smoother but with the Dizzy tune it's pretty smooth already, and the 1-2 shift was helped a lot by the AWR RMM. The blowoff noise is definitely quieter than the stock valve, I kind of miss it now. Oh well, knowing that I can hold boost better and have quicker response is probably worth it.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15304-HOW-TO-Install-GFB-DV-Diverter-Valve

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got lucky and bought a used one off of fb for $65 shipped. I confirmed it was authentic, the seller had a receipt from pumaspeed, and when I received it I watched the youtube video describing the differences and this matched all the authentic features. On top of that the seller sent the top of his stock DV so I didn't even have to try to take mine apart! This was a huge bonus, since I really want to be able to return my car completely to stock if necessary.

The install was a bit of a pain, it took me about two hours from start to finish, if I did it again I could probably get it done in a little over an hour. I installed it from underneath with the car up on jacks, I wish I would have reviewed the thread below in more detail prior to starting my install, it probably would have helped a lot. I probably would do it from the wheel side from now on, but being able to see stuff from underneath would help too, so I would probably jack it up and take the wheel off. Also, the assembly fell apart on me multiple times so eventually I got some electrical tape and taped it together so I could get the assembly mostly installed, and then I pulled off the tape. My charge pipe was in the way, but I worked around it. It would have been nice to get it out of the way completely, but now with a full hard pipe it would have taken more time to remove it than it was worth. I wiped on some motor oil that I had with a paper towel for lube.

I took it for a test drive afterwards with some decent pulls, I will say it felt a little smoother but with the Dizzy tune it's pretty smooth already, and the 1-2 shift was helped a lot by the AWR RMM. The blowoff noise is definitely quieter than the stock valve, I kind of miss it now. Oh well, knowing that I can hold boost better and have quicker response is probably worth it.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15304-HOW-TO-Install-GFB-DV-Diverter-Valve
Thanks for the detailed review/install info! I'm debating between this, which sounds little more involved to integrate with stock parts AND needing to be lubed every 10k or so and the complete install it and forget it TurboSmart Kompact Plumb Back, which costs more but none of the drawbacks of the DV+. Since you go it used at a great price with it assembled, it's a no-brainer for sure, I just don't know what other options for full-recirc we have other than those 2?

anticon

Thanks for the detailed review/install info! I'm debating between this, which sounds little more involved to integrate with stock parts AND needing to be lubed every 10k or so and the complete install it and forget it TurboSmart Kompact Plumb Back, which costs more but none of the drawbacks of the DV+. Since you go it used at a great price with it assembled, it's a no-brainer for sure, I just don't know what other options for full-recirc we have other than those 2?
I am really hoping I don't have to relube this damn thing for a lot longer than 10k. I'm not up to speed on the other options, I didn't do all my research on this upgrade I kind of just settled on the DV+ at some point probably because of price, and then one popped up for a great price. I also didn't want to cut anything, so the plumb backs were not a first choice, and adjusting it sounded like more work. Maybe the solenoid ones? I've heard rumblings about flutter but I'm not up properly informed on that either. I know there are some you can put on the symposer port and blank the turbo one off, but I think those are for different turbos.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am really hoping I don't have to relube this damn thing for a lot longer than 10k. I'm not up to speed on the other options, I didn't do all my research on this upgrade I kind of just settled on the DV+ at some point probably because of price, and then one popped up for a great price. I also didn't want to cut anything, so the plumb backs were not a first choice, and adjusting it sounded like more work. Maybe the solenoid ones? I've heard rumblings about flutter but I'm not up properly informed on that either. I know there are some you can put on the symposer port and blank the turbo one off, but I think those are for different turbos.
Yes, the TurboSmart Kompact Plumb Back is 100% stock replacement ran by solenoid, no vacuum lines to run, no adjusting, no maintenance... Again, you got a screaming deal at $65, while the TS Kompact Plumb Back is like $206 and up new... you may be thinking of something else, maybe the dual port 50/50 ones need adjustment, TurboSmart has both options... Ones off the Symposer delete area definitely need vacuum lines ran, can be used with any turbo but also need stock one disabled in tune to not throw a code.