Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2123242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
92 Likes

Senior Member 1249 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    Seems like you overreacted a bit.

You don't have access to a computer that u can save the picture to then then upload for free?

Anyways, got any closer pics to show the fitment of the RSRRs?
    Any "overreaction" is because I am totally sick and tired of his internet warrior BS already.
    I don't follow him around this site, just looking for/waiting for a chance to pounce on anything he posts, I usually pretty much avoid him at all costs.
    In fact, I used to actually give kudos and likes to his posts, once upon a time.

He goes on to the ignore list now, problem solved.

Sorry, no other pics, and nothing to get a pic to the computer with, but I cannot be the ONLY one with these tires on a 17x8 on this whole site.

I can tell you that the flat lip edge (the part that says "Team Dynamics Motorsports" cast into it) of the 17x8 1.2s does stick out a slight bit from the bead of the RS-RRs though, since there is some alloy to alloy contact when they are stacked on top of each other.
    They are NOT the widest tread width 215/40-17 tires out there, if that is what you are looking for (The Yoko AD08Rs, and older model Dunlop Star Spec 2s win that contest).
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Any "overreaction" is because I am totally sick and tired of his internet warrior BS already.
    I don't follow him around this site, just looking for/waiting for a chance to pounce on anything he posts, I usually pretty much avoid him at all costs.
    In fact, I used to actually give kudos and likes to his posts, once upon a time.

He goes on to the ignore list now, problem solved.

Sorry, no other pics, and nothing to get a pic to the computer with, but I cannot be the ONLY one with these tires on a 17x8 on this whole site.

I can tell you that the flat lip edge (the part that says "Team Dynamics Motorsports" cast into it) of the 17x8 1.2s does stick out a slight bit from the bead of the RS-RRs though, since there is some alloy to alloy contact when they are stacked on top of each other.
    They are NOT the widest tread width 215/40-17 tires out there, if that is what you are looking for (The Yoko AD08Rs, and older model Dunlop Star Spec 2s win that contest).
    Interesting. I was told Federals run wider then what they're advertised which is why I'm asking. My 205 Michelin P/S AS3s don't let the lip protrude from the bead. Have you been hard on the RSRRs at all? If so, hows the heat management?
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Senior Member 1249 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting. I was told Federals run wider then what they're advertised which is why I'm asking. My 205 Michelin P/S AS3s don't let the lip protrude from the bead. Have you been hard on the RSRRs at all? If so, hows the heat management?
    Not hard enough to tell whether or not they get 'greasy', as some have claimed they do near the end of their 20 minute open track sessions.

I bought them because they were an inexpensive, but still very sticky tire (did not want the s.Drive, Nero GT, or the Kumho PS31 options) which I could never over-drive/reach their limits on the street (at least not without losing one's license), and wider tread width, and a little more sidewall than most of the 205/40-17s out there.
    The 215/40-17 RS-RRs are actually a tenth of an inch narrower than the 205/40-17 Pilot Sport AS/3s in tread width, but a tenth of an inch wider in section width.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 136 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Federals tend to run wider, but not always. It depends on the model and even sometimes the size. There is a sizing chart on their website.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Member 234 Rep Points Capri to ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty close to getting these Firehawks, and just thought I'd see if anyone else had any experience with them. I have been told that they should have the same quick steering response as the OEM Potenzas, which is important to me. This car is my daily driver, and I drive aggressively on the street at times, but have not tracked the car. I also understand they can be a bit vague at the limit, which should not be a problem, because I usually don't reach that point.
    They are quite a bit cheaper than the Bridgestones, and I'm hoping that they might last significantly longer. I only got about nine thousand miles out of the OEM Potenzas.
    2016 KONA BLUE FIESTA ST
    MP 215, RECAROS, TD PRO RACE 1.2 WHEELS

1995 ACURA NSX-T

Member 246 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    WRONG!

I have been saying that I cannot post pics, for years.

No effing smart phone, and I am NOT going to go buy one just to satisfy you, or anyone else on here, or 'prove' anything to anyone on here, since I do not need one in order to survive, as so many others do.

People on here (JDG and others, at a local FiST meetup) DID see my car with these wheels and tires on it, and can attest to the FACT that they exist.

Here's a pic from that meet, posted up in the Mid-Atlantic forum right on this here site to shut you the eff up.

Right in the middle, with the telltale lower IC grille.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4277/...88c44438_k.jpg
    omg driving a stick in flip flops you all are nuts hah - every time I've tried to drive in my flippy floppies they refuse to cooperate :P

Member 246 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capri to ST View Post
    I'm pretty close to getting these Firehawks, and just thought I'd see if anyone else had any experience with them. I have been told that they should have the same quick steering response as the OEM Potenzas, which is important to me. This car is my daily driver, and I drive aggressively on the street at times, but have not tracked the car. I also understand they can be a bit vague at the limit, which should not be a problem, because I usually don't reach that point.
    They are quite a bit cheaper than the Bridgestones, and I'm hoping that they might last significantly longer. I only got about nine thousand miles out of the OEM Potenzas.
    I just had a set installed on wednesday, but its been raining and gross out since. I will say that even with brand new tires in the rain they were tracking better than my fairly worn potenzas. My stock tires lasted 11k or so until the inside edge was getting a little low. They probably had 5k or so left after another rotation but they were getting squirrely in the years first rain. I wound up getting booted from jury duty wednesday so I went across the street and had the firehawks installed :P

I did find out that my wheels didn't get destroyed by my assistant going through a car wash, it was the place that I had do my tire rotation. They laid the wheels flat on the ground and pushed them across the ground. When the guys had my wheels off I looked and all the scraping was in the same direction. Assistant was not lying :highfive:

Senior Member 136 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clit_Beastwood View Post
    omg driving a stick in flip flops you all are nuts hah - every time I've tried to drive in my flippy floppies they refuse to cooperate :P
    I drive mine in flip flops nearly every weekend, especially during the summer. But it probably depends on what flips you are wearing. IMO they need to be at least capable of strolling comfortably in outside.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 514 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya it depends on the type. I daily mine in flip flops almost year round. Some like to fold and get stuck under the pedal. No bueno!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member 142 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexrex20 View Post
    Ya it depends on the type. I daily mine in flip flops almost year round. Some like to fold and get stuck under the pedal. No bueno!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Same here. Never had a problem in the fist. 04 suburban grabbed it once and folded it but only once.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2123242526272829303132 LastLast