Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anyone rubbing with 215/45/17s on meisterR coils?

My coilovers will be in soon and I've been looking at going with the advanti 17x8 wheels because of size and weight. I'd like to run the Hankook Ventus RS-3 version 2 in a 215/45/17 (7.7 tread width/ 24.6 diameter) but I was wondering if I'd have rubbing issues. I'll be keeping my coilovers at max height (I believe 20mm lower than stock). Would I need to roll my fenders and would that be enough?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
My coilovers will be in soon and I've been looking at going with the advanti 17x8 wheels because of size and weight. I'd like to run the Hankook Ventus RS-3 version 2 in a 215/45/17 (7.7 tread width/ 24.6 diameter) but I was wondering if I'd have rubbing issues. I'll be keeping my coilovers at max height (I believe 20mm lower than stock). Would I need to roll my fenders and would that be enough?
Fenders should be fine BUT look at the rear wheel well. I ran 215/45/R17 on stock rims and stock height last winter and under some big bumps/depressions the wheel rubbed on a body joint. Its where the liner junts out pulling it back you will see it is the bumper to fender joints. You should be able to adjust it to avoid the tire touching it but it will rub the liner.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Fenders should be fine BUT look at the rear wheel well. I ran 215/45/R17 on stock rims and stock height last winter and under some big bumps/depressions the wheel rubbed on a body joint. Its where the liner junts out pulling it back you will see it is the bumper to fender joints. You should be able to adjust it to avoid the tire touching it but it will rub the liner.
Okay, thanks once again.

Ford Community Posts