Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

my snap crackle pop v1 quick take

Trader history for Racer83L (0)

so I have been running the v1 snap crackle pop option for over a month now..

my exhaust is stock. when I first installed the tune, I thought I didnt get the snap crackle pop. about a week later, I started noticing it.

now, I think the snap crackle pop damaged my cat or muffler (no idea which). and I LOVE it. the snap crackle pop is much louder than when I originally installed it, I think other cars hear it other than just me. AND the best part my car is getting louder. If it continues to get louder... just slightly louder than it is now, I wont need to upgrade my exhaust.

It is possible its a placebo effect, but I really think the exhaust is about 50% louder than before I installed the tune. my guess, the snap crackle pop is effecting the packing in the muffler making it less effective. whatever the cause, I really enjoy it. [raceflag]

TUX15ST

This sounds a little crazy to be true but if it then that's very strange lol, i have a stock exhaust (for a few more days and the v1 crackles for about a month now also, i have maybe noticed the actual crackles maybe 2 times, otherwise no difference in sound to me lol

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
does your exhaust smell?

I noticed after a drive, my exhaust smells a little... almost as if I didnt have a cat.

EDIT: I did just buy the v2 crackle update and am looking forward to trying it out.

TUX15ST

does your exhaust smell?

I noticed after a drive, my exhaust smells a little... almost as if I didnt have a cat.

EDIT: I did just buy the v2 crackle update and am looking forward to trying it out.
No never had any smells from my exhaust, I also am waiting on my V2 crackles lol, plus I have a MAP catback waiting to install on the weekend when I get time, Im hoping I get the V2 crackles before I put on the catback so i can see if I notice any difference on the stock catback since V1 is barely anything to me.

so I have been running the v1 snap crackle pop option for over a month now..

my exhaust is stock. when I first installed the tune, I thought I didnt get the snap crackle pop. about a week later, I started noticing it.

now, I think the snap crackle pop damaged my cat or muffler (no idea which). and I LOVE it. the snap crackle pop is much louder than when I originally installed it, I think other cars hear it other than just me. AND the best part my car is getting louder. If it continues to get louder... just slightly louder than it is now, I wont need to upgrade my exhaust.

It is possible its a placebo effect, but I really think the exhaust is about 50% louder than before I installed the tune. my guess, the snap crackle pop is effecting the packing in the muffler making it less effective. whatever the cause, I really enjoy it. [raceflag]
Afterfire will destroy catalytic converters

I am wondering about any possible damage this tune could do. [MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] can you comment on running this tune with stock DP and muffler?

OP
R
Thread Starter #11
I upgraded to the v2 crackles. on a stock exhaust they sound better (louder) than the v1. I did however also buy the new tune with no crackles and thats how im running at the moment.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
destroy like clog? or destroy like make it ineffective? if its the latter I dont mind.
IF it ends up breaking up the honeycomb substrate into large pieces (instead of very small ones which can get through the catcon housing), it might clog the catcon.

I mind even if it 'only' renders the catcon ineffective, because I do not want to have to get a custom tune for the SOLE PURPOSE of 'writing out' the catcon and rear O2 DTCs that will then light up the dash like a Christmas tree.

Exhausts break in over time, so hearing it become louder may just be that. It can take up to 10k miles to reach full volume on factory exhaust.

This is something I will deff be including when I get a tune :)

I just flashed my car today with the V3 tune with the new version of snap, crackle and pop. One word to describe the popping is insanity. It's so loud and violent that I would say it's actually too much. WAY too much, I was driving in downtown San Francisco and it was genuinely scaring pedestrians and making children cry.

Exhaust mods are as follows -

Cobb Catted Downpipe and MBRP 3".

My car before this version of the tune would snap and pop already. But, it was mild on de-acceleration when the revs are high.

Now the car violently pops:
Shifting gears
On the freeway
De-acceleration (this is the loudest offender and most pronounced, usually 3-6 very loud pops)
If you lightly blip the throttle, it will pop.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some pops. But, it's a bit much for my taste. I'm not saying this feature is bad because it's definitely very cool to be able to do this with software, but damn I didn't realize it was going to be like this because I had the previous version of this feature and it was mild.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just flashed my car today with the V3 tune with the new version of snap, crackle and pop. One word to describe the popping is insanity. It's so loud and violent that I would say it's actually too much. WAY too much, I was driving in downtown San Francisco and it was genuinely scaring pedestrians and making children cry.

I had a good belly laugh reading this! [rofl]

^^^^^ this is awesome hahaha, it's not bad though on a stock cat and stock exhaust you can hear it but like I said it sounds like 4 deep muffled explosions. I need me a cat back after hearing you say it makes people cry haha