Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

• COBB Tuning

Votes: 138 23.8%
  • Mountune

Votes: 85 14.7%
  • Tune+

Votes: 58 10.0%
  • Stratified Automotive Controls

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • DeadHook Motorsports

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • Livernois Motorsports

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Oz Tuning

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • "Self-Tuned" w/ COBB ATR

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • PD Tuning

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Dizzy Tuning

Votes: 115 19.9%

• Total voters
COBB OTS Stage 1 91 Octane
-As we don't have 93 in WA, just 92. I seriously enjoy the difference it has made, and continues to run very stable AFR with no significant jump in Charge Temp even with the stock FMIC. Waiting on the Whoosh Motorsports FMIC, Big Mouth (mostly Consmetic), run stage 2 until the funds arrive for a DP... mingle in stage 3 range then turbo upgrade once these Detachments end and I can enjoy some per diem expenses [hah] then a custom tune. Stratified maybe?!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
COBB OTS Stage 1 91 Octane
-As we don't have 93 in WA, just 92. I seriously enjoy the difference it has made, and continues to run very stable AFR with no significant jump in Charge Temp even with the stock FMIC. Waiting on the Whoosh Motorsports FMIC, Big Mouth (mostly Consmetic), run stage 2 until the funds arrive for a DP... mingle in stage 3 range then turbo upgrade once these Detachments end and I can enjoy some per diem expenses [hah] then a custom tune. Stratified maybe?!
No, our gas is 92 BEFORE they add 10% ethanol, our actual octane is more like 93.5, FYI... I've been using Cobb and Stratified 93 tunes and OAR stays buried at the best possible -1.00 and all positive ignition corrections.... so yeah, more like 94... I did a lot of research on this and I guarantee 93 tunes are safe for those of us on PNW "92".

No, our gas is 92 BEFORE they add 10% ethanol, our actual octane is more like 93.5, FYI... I've been using Cobb and Stratified 93 tunes and OAR stays buried at the best possible -1.00 and all positive ignition corrections.... so yeah, more like 94... I did a lot of research on this and I guarantee 93 tunes are safe.
Really? Good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No prob! Just trying to spread the good cheer to fellow enthusiasts here in the PNW! :)
What difference did you see between stage 1 91oct and 93oct? Worth the reflash or wait untill the intercooler comes in and reflash to the 93 Oct stage 2?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What difference did you see between stage 1 91oct and 93oct? Worth the reflash or wait untill the intercooler comes in and reflash to the 93 Oct stage 2?
Well, I tried mainly the Stratified in both octanes and I can really tell the difference... I only ordered 91 just in case our gas suddenly changes/bad batch or I drive down to Cali, but if you consider that e30 really is at about 95 octane: http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=296
If you scroll down to the first dyno chart, it compares 91 vs. e30, well, 93 will split the difference... and again, with ALL positive ignition corrections buried OAR at -1.00, our "92" really does rate out as more like 94, it's simply free performance for buying the same fuel anyway! If you are talking about Cobb and their "stages", then their site has the dyno chart for each stage, but they are so conservative and having 3 stages of bolt on's is kind of dumb, you can get away with a Cobb stage 2 93 here with our mild weather, I'd just use stage 1 for the rare times it gets hot here and for you up there in the peninsula, that's pretty rare...

Well, I tried mainly the Stratified in both octanes and I can really tell the difference... I only ordered 91 just in case our gas suddenly changes/bad batch or I drive down to Cali, but if you consider that e30 really is at about 95 octane: http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=296
If you scroll down to the first dyno chart, it compares 91 vs. e30, well, 93 will split the difference... and again, with ALL positive ignition corrections buried OAR at -1.00, our "92" really does rate out as more like 94, it's simply free performance for buying the same fuel anyway! If you are talking about Cobb and their "stages", then their site has the dyno chart for each stage, but they are so conservative and having 3 stages of bolt on's is kind of dumb, you can get away with a Cobb stage 2 93 here with our mild weather, I'd just use stage 1 for the rare times it gets hot here and for you up there in the peninsula, that's pretty rare...
Very rare. The island weather is always a bit on the cooler side for sure. I see the need for the higher tune when running the downpipe, but waiting between two separate maps based on an intercooler does seem a little counterintuitive. I rarely see my charge temp exceed 10-15Β° over intake with the OEM. And it has yet to go above 100. Partially due to the only time I have had (with work, life, you know) to get on it for anyextended period was playing on a tightly wound back road chasing a new Corvette at around 0530 in 55Β° ambient air with plenty of humidity to rapidly dissipate heat. Thanks again for the information!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Very rare. The island weather is always a bit on the cooler side for sure. I see the need for the higher tune when running the downpipe, but waiting between two separate maps based on an intercooler does seem a little counterintuitive. I rarely see my charge temp exceed 10-15Β° over intake with the OEM. And it has yet to go above 100. Partially due to the only time I have had (with work, life, you know) to get on it for anyextended period was playing on a tightly wound back road chasing a new Corvette at around 0530 in 55Β° ambient air with plenty of humidity to rapidly dissipate heat. Thanks again for the information!
So you just have Cobb tunes for now? I'd try their 93 octane stage 2, it's so conservative many people run it with zero issue... For your AP gauges include Octane Adjust Ratio Learn and Ignition correction Max, I believe, not any of the ones for individual cylinders, this will show you yor timing corrections which should only have the occasional minor negative ones less than 3 degrees, Octane Adjust Ratio should stay close to -1.00 as well, but anything negative is good.

Thanks. I will reflash it this week and already set up the AP to read out my OAR. I will post updates as soon as I do.

And yes, just OTS maps for now. Once I start adding the Down Pipe and considering a turbo change I will look into custom tunes.

Right now I don't feel like I need it. The vehicle is so incredibly equiped as is. I keep up with a surprising amount of much more expensive 'sports cars' and smiles per gallon are out the window! Plus, the ones I can't keep up with... So what... I'm just in a little fiesta! Lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
And yes, just OTS maps for now. Once I start adding the Down Pipe and considering a turbo change I will look into custom tunes.

Right now I don't feel like I need it. The vehicle is so incredibly equiped as is. I keep up with a surprising amount of much more expensive 'sports cars' and smiles per gallon are out the window! Plus, the ones I can't keep up with... So what... I'm just in a little fiesta! Lol
Well the Cobb tunes, while definitely making a difference in unlocking the torque Ford decided to neuter, are still very conservative. I'd invest just a little in a Stratified tune and REALLY see what the car can do with factory hardware... But yeah, let me know how the 93 octane tune works out... I know I just grabbed everything I could for free off Cobb's site and it seems to only take like a minute to reflash after it's been done once before.

Well the Cobb tunes, while definitely making a difference in unlocking the torque Ford decided to neuter, are still very conservative. I'd invest just a little in a Stratified tune and REALLY see what the car can do with factory hardware... But yeah, let me know how the 93 octane tune works out... I know I just grabbed everything I could for free off Cobb's site and it seems to only take like a minute to reflash after it's been done once before.
Good to know. I was tempted to reflash before work but didn't have the 10-15min that the initial takes. I am really looking to see what stratified has to offer