Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase??

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase?

• Cyborg | C39

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • PumaSpeed x-37 Hybrid

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • GT 2554r

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • GT 2560r

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • GT 28xx

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • GTX 28xx

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • PERON EFR 6258 Twin Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • EFR 6258 Single Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • DHM GT 290r

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • DHM GTX 360r

• DHM GTX 450r

• PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • revo S242 (KP39ETR)

• Mountune MRX

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Peron STG4 GTX 2860R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AET VooDoo VT330R

• Peron G-Series 25-550

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Whoosh Motorsports Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%

• Total voters

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Looks interesting, not sure how it compares to the spool and power of an X47R, looks like it's K04 based...

https://www.onlyrevo.com/useruploads/images/pagecontent/hardware/RT330/RT330_Dyno_Graph.png

This is a completely different ball game. The revo RT330R has a larger compressor and exhaust housing where the turbo you mentioned uses stock parts for both.
I'm certain this turbo is the game changer everyone has been waiting for....complete kit, w/charge pipes, hardware everything no guess work

I am struggling between deciding on a gt2860r or a vt330r. I am unsure if i want the stock like spool time or move the powerband up 1k-1.5k rpm.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am struggling between deciding on a gt2860r or a vt330r. I am unsure if i want the stock like spool time or move the powerband up 1k-1.5k rpm.
Hopefully you mean Gtx2860r Gen1 or Gen 2.....I dont miss stock spool one bit brodie....best Turbo mod I've done. I have a Gen2 also

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hopefully you mean Gtx2860r Gen1 or Gen 2.....I dont miss stock spool one bit brodie....best Turbo mode I've done. I have a Gen2 also

Sorry ment gt2860RS. I really need to ride in cars with each turbo and see which id prefer. I like the reliability and power roof the garretts have but the move of the powerband makes me think it would take away from the GO-kart like power and feel of the fiesta. I have been researching the VT330r and the new revo RT330r. I am not sure I have a horsepower goal in mind because in all honestly I just recently bought the car but pre planning to go big turbo in the pretty near future.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sorry ment gt2860RS. I really need to ride in cars with each turbo and see which id prefer. I like the reliability and power roof the garretts have but the move of the powerband makes me think it would take away from the GO-kart like power and feel of the fiesta. I have been researching the VT330r and the new revo RT330r. I am not sure I have a horsepower goal in mind because in all honestly I just recently bought the car but pre planning to go big turbo in the pretty near future.
Just hang tight if you like the stock spool of the go cart factor like this car is made for, because all the numbers and drag race junkies have pushed the turbo upgrade market to almost all big turbo's without many true hybrid options left, but that is going to change soon! :) So it sounds like that you don't know that Big Turbo and stock spool just don't happen at all, you will want a hybrid that will smooth out the torque a bit and also have HP gains up to 6500+, for full 1000-1500 RPM wider powerband.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you are Rolling that Turbo...it is old Tech....The GTX series in the 2860 Gen 1 and Gen 2 just push the powerband out further and bring down spool. I dont know why you would wanna step back vs. Step forward. There are Tons of deals to be had on the Forum that are 2nd hand Turbos...its how I got mine....I just happen to get a Gen2 kit complete that's never been installed from a Member....Thanks Devin! But do what you do man....good luck...if you were closer I'd give you a ride in mine...its still being tuned by Dizzy but it IMO is like a Plane taking off...you start to move slowly then build and build and its takeoff time baby down the Entrance ramp every time I get!

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So is anyone going to update the poll options? Half of those turbos have not been for sale in a long time... also, can't wait for the revival of the hybrids, all these big turbos are killing the go kart track nature of this car for something it's not made to do in the first place... sure, to each their own, but if I wanted a top speed drag car I would have got an old Supra and thrown a giant turbo on it, I just want 260/260 whp with power at 2500, where's that these days? There's going to be an older hybrid re-released soon in more reliable form, can't wait!

no I understand fully the even the hybrids move the spool out a little but carry more power to redline where the little kp39 is well out of air before redline. In my mind basically the dilemma is two fold

spend money to keep good spool and a lower roof on power

spend money to lose some spool but have more room for power and reliability.

I am SLIGHTLY leaning towards the gtx vs hybrid because I personally dont plan on running meth or corn and want to make decent power on 93 pump bolt ons and good tune.

really need to find guys in my area that have both and see which id like more.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
you start to move slowly...
aaand you lost me there, the FiST is not a car for that purpose in my book, absolute opposite, I'm sure you understand where many of us are coming from, while I can likewise appreciate you wanting to turn our little thing into a luxo-cruiser, it does sound fun in it's own way... The problem is that the factory turbo is SO small it actually makes far more torque, so quickly, than this car needs with just a tune. It is literally mismatched to the car and was selected just for it's size and HP targets, the stock tune lops off at LEAST 50 torque that would be completely reliable from the engine just to keep everything at the power level they designed for the rest of the car. This is good in a small way as it forces us to upgrade handling, engine mounts, etc but leaves nothing on the table for actual higher RPM pull. Many of us just want a little bit more spread powerband and that shouldn't be so hard to find.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The problem is everyone is looking for the White knight on a horse in the form of a Turbo....not gonna happen....there are always sacrifices that must be made in power advancement....with my statement your taking it down the wrong road....as with anything with an Engine you can't start off full bore as it just ends up in a smoke show....all show with no go....With a buildup as a plane does at take off it then just accelerates and keeps going without letting off.....I'd rather have a Jet plane than a Cessna prop plane which the Stock turbo is...

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We have a special right now on the VT330R
Airtech charge pipes with VT330R specific couplers
at 50% off when purchasing the VT330R

Also have VUDU 42mm CNC ported manifolds to mate up to the VT330R in stock right now as well

hahaha youre not helping Ron! I am absolutely going to be buying an FMIC off you very soon. again like I said I am basically jumping the gun ALOT because I dont even have an AP yet but will be doing a turbo swap without question. Having such a narrow powerband and like Typhoon stated with the amount of low end torque it just equates to wheel spin for days and a sad top end.

Hybrids in my mind are a "white knight" type of setup for a guy like me because I dont want huge numbers but also dont want to push a turbo to its very limit either for the power in my mind id like. Having good low end power that continues to pull to redline would be ideal BUT haha as i have read from quite a few the hybrid power gets "boring" especially since I only want to run pump gas and the cost difference for a higher roof on power makes a Garrett very appealing

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
hahaha youre not helping Ron! I am absolutely going to be buying an FMIC off you very soon. again like I said I am basically jumping the gun ALOT because I dont even have an AP yet but will be doing a turbo swap without question. Having such a narrow powerband and like Typhoon stated with the amount of low end torque it just equates to wheel spin for days and a sad top end.

Hybrids in my mind are a "white knight" type of setup for a guy like me because I dont want huge numbers but also dont want to push a turbo to its very limit either for the power in my mind id like. Having good low end power that continues to pull to redline would be ideal BUT haha as i have read from quite a few the hybrid power gets "boring" especially since I only want to run pump gas and the cost difference for a higher roof on power makes a Garrett very appealing
Buy your AP3 first get a flash tune and go from there....baby steps and collect or amass parts along the way like I did.... pretty soon you will have a Small INV of performance parts to go into your FiST!

Last edited:
What’s your opinion on the Mountune kits? $1800 for a gtx2554r dosent seem like a bad deal at all?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What’s your opinion on the Mountune kits? $1800 for a gtx2554r dosent seem like a bad deal at all?
Read up on them BRURA22 Started a thread on them.....They are a good choice! Can get a tune from Randy whom is also a good tuner! Go with whatever fits your budget and power preference man. Just remember the faster you wanna go the more it will cost you in both the pocketbook and reliability! [party]

Oh I know the pain and joys of modding hahaha. I am coming from a focus ST and before that a Mazdaspeed and before that numerous RX7s. This will be my second “big turbo” I decide to do but it is a hard choice. I know I still need to experience a tuned fist but like the focus the stock turbo is very underwhelming. I’ll look into the thread you mentioned that’s a good price if it functions as well as the hybrids. Lots of pros and cons. Like I said I am still semi leaning towards the GTX because the turbo is hardly stressed at the power levels I am aiming for so reliability will be good but it will come down to weather I want to lose the bottom end and mid range of a smaller turbo or hybrid

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh I know the pain and joys of modding hahaha. I am coming from a focus ST and before that a Mazdaspeed and before that numerous RX7s. This will be my second “big turbo” I decide to do but it is a hard choice. I know I still need to experience a tuned fist but like the focus the stock turbo is very underwhelming. I’ll look into the thread you mentioned that’s a good price if it functions as well as the hybrids. Lots of pros and cons. Like I said I am still semi leaning towards the GTX because the turbo is hardly stressed at the power levels I am aiming for so reliability will be good but it will come down to weather I want to lose the bottom end and mid range of a smaller turbo or hybrid

Thought you would like this shift also.....I own it! its a good one! [biggrin] Its got 15 min left before it disappears forever also!

https://www.blipshift.com/products/close-encounter-iv

koozy

3000 Post Club
Just be aware there’s no GTX2554R. It’s just a GT. Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk