Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase??

Which Turbo Upgrade did you decide to purchase?

• Cyborg | C39

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • PumaSpeed x-37 Hybrid

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • GT 2554r

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • GT 2560r

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • GT 28xx

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • GTX 28xx

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • PERON EFR 6258 Twin Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • EFR 6258 Single Scroll

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • DHM GT 290r

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • DHM GTX 360r

• DHM GTX 450r

• PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • revo S242 (KP39ETR)

• Mountune MRX

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Peron STG4 GTX 2860R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AET VooDoo VT330R

• Peron G-Series 25-550

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Whoosh Motorsports Hybrid

Votes: 36 20.2%

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just be aware there’s no GTX2554R. It’s just a GT. Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory the Mountune is a GTX if you think about it due to its 3 inch anti-surge compressor housing. I think the Wheel was also updated to 11 blades and is Billet! [driving]

Not sure if it’s billet but I did read it is running 11 blade wheel. Quite a bit of good choices to mull over in the coming months for me hahaha. Again this GT is only $400-$500 less then the hybrids (with charge pipes) or the GTX 2860/67. Love choice but hate them also ????????????

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure if it’s billet but I did read it is running 11 blade wheel. Quite a bit of good choices to mull over in the coming months for me hahaha. Again this GT is only $400-$500 less then the hybrids (with charge pipes) or the GTX 2860/67. Love choice but hate them also ������������
Straight from the horses mouth Brodie!

The Fiesta ST MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is engineered around a genuine Garrett GT2554R core that features a custom engineered 11-blade billet compressor wheel and matching 3" inlet ant-surge compressor housing for incredible response and power.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have a GT2560R with a billet compressor wheel I am going to sell and swap to the GTX2860R Gen II if I keep the car but might just sell it once done and I think all the mods on the car warrant being sold with the Gen II so if anybody is interested let me know and I will figure out what it is worth and post it up.

------

I wish I had kept the EFR and had a better tune and saved a ton of time and money, guy I sold it to had a far better result with a different tuner.

------

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a GT2560R with a billet compressor wheel I am going to sell and swap to the GTX2860R Gen II if I keep the car but might just sell it once done and I think all the mods on the car warrant being sold with the Gen II so if anybody is interested let me know and I will figure out what it is worth and post it up.

------

I wish I had kept the EFR and had a better tune and saved a ton of time and money, guy I sold it to had a far better result with a different tuner.

------
What intercooler do you have Ram?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
DHM race IC, lowered approx 1.5", fully ducted and opened up core support behind it for better air flow through it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
DHM race IC, lowered approx 1.5", fully ducted and opened up core support behind it for better air flow through it.
Well now that their gone...I wonder what the next best option is?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Before that I had the biggest Mishimoto I could fit mounted to the stock bumper beam I had cut part of it out and welded in a filler to keep most of the strength intact.

One could cut round, sq or rectangular holes in the beam and weld in matching tubing much easier to do using a cutoff tool as the metal is very hard to drill so a hole saw might not hold up long enough to do a few holes. That and more area with a sq or rectangle would make me lean towards going that direction.

I was looking for some triangular ABS with flared leading edge tubing I could make a nice patterned opening in the bumper cover to blow more air onto the IC as well but did not find any.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
right in the middle of this install on one of our shop Fiesta ST's
and the intercooler we have installed will suit it well
Peron G-Series

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
right in the middle of this install on one of our shop Fiesta ST's
and the intercooler we have installed will suit it well
Peron G-Series

Have you figured out the fitment on the Wagner intercooler? And also how is the stage 3 intercooler without crash bar?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Have you figured out the fitment on the Wagner intercooler? And also how is the stage 3 intercooler without crash bar?

We've sold a few Wagner IC's
The fitment is crap with the OEM crash bar
We have the Stage 3 and Competition Pro Alloy intercoolers here. I'll be adding a stage 3 with our crash bar on the 2018 Magnetic shop car in Q1 when our stock cover hybrid is released. Our very affordable crash bar can be used with the Wagner, Airtech, etc which we have available as well. I just started bringing in Airtech (only have charge pipes at the moment)
If you need a large intercooler "now" look up Patrick Bravo on facebook. he has a kit that fits with the stock crash bar, has essentially the same if not larger surface area as the old DHM for around $450-500 shipped (not 100% sure you have to speak to him)
Still looking for stock turbos in anyone has any laying around. Mileage doesn't matter...only need the compressor cover and turbine / center is new, not rebuilt on our units

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
We've sold a few Wagner IC's
The fitment is crap with the OEM crash bar
We have the Stage 3 and Competition Pro Alloy intercoolers here. I'll be adding a stage 3 with our crash bar on the 2018 Magnetic shop car in Q1 when our stock cover hybrid is released. Our very affordable crash bar can be used with the Wagner, Airtech, etc which we have available as well. I just started bringing in Airtech (only have charge pipes at the moment)
If you need a large intercooler "now" look up Patrick Bravo on facebook. he has a kit that fits with the stock crash bar, has essentially the same if not larger surface area as the old DHM for around $450-500 shipped (not 100% sure you have to speak to him)
Still looking for stock turbos in anyone has any laying around. Mileage doesn't matter...only need the compressor cover and turbine / center is new, not rebuilt on our units
Any link to him Ron? Or to the intercooler on Facebook? There is like 100 Patrick Bravo's...[emoji848]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very fine IC install directing all the air into it and the vented crash bar making it stronger and blowing yet more air into the IC:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Very fine IC install directing all the air into it and the vented crash bar making it stronger and blowing yet more air into the IC:)

-------------

ductingetc_zpsrd1ajqja.jpg

This is my interpretation of the DHM IC and crash bar, IC lowered 1.5", fully ducted including sealed on top to the crash bar, area behind lower part of IC opened up nearly 100% exiting below the other radiator. Setrab dual pass oil cooler so the lines are both on one side out of the air flow and mounted offset so 40% flows into the engine bay instead of onto the other coolers (fresh air ducted onto alternator to keep it cool). Bottom of IC flush with undertray to ensure air not going under it. True cold air intake with velocity stack that does not block airflow to the coolers.

Not as pretty as the nice work Woosh is doing but very effective.

----------

That manifold is a much better design than the DHM, more like I was going to build except mine would of been done in firing order sequence and within mm of being equal length, not an easy task but things well done seldom are.

I wish I had just built my own system instead of going to DHM, all the heartache, money, time delays, parts not fitting right or designed as should of been, lies......why I stated building almost all my own parts years earlier, should of stuck to it.

----------